• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why would Disney want to spend money for resale points when they will have all the new ones to sell? Not to mention all the VGF and RIV right now.

If it’s the same association they will price it like they did vGF to keep the difference decent. Then again if there are no more resale restrictions it means no real reason to buy direct.
My intention was to reflect the likelihood that this will be a separate association. If it isnt, tons of resale can be bought to use and fill up their spanking new tower without any reason to buy from the developer. Disney won't do that.

My intention was to reflect the likelihood that this will be a separate association. If it isnt, tons of resale can be bought to use and fill up their spanking new tower without any reason to buy from the developer. Disney won't do that.

I agree!

Why would Disney want to spend money for resale points when they will have all the new ones to sell? Not to mention all the VGF and RIV right now.

If it’s the same association they will price it like they did vGF to keep the difference decent. Then again if there are no more resale restrictions it means no real reason to buy direct.

If no new association, I’m not buying either. For me, the resort is outdated and showing its age. However, Disney would be doing a favor for all the existing owners who’ve wanted one bedrooms and larger. But why would they do that?

I think you’re right. Makes no sense. And that’s one reason that even if I liked Poly1, I wouldn’t buy it right now. I think the new tower in a new association will drive Poly1 prices down.
And frankly, seeing this new construction that I was shut out of would bother me.

Don't see any reason that Disney would want the new tower to be in the same association. This would not be a good selling point either, why would new owners want to compete with millions of Polynesian points? I know there is no way I would consider buying there if it were the same association. You would need to book a studio right at 11 months if you bought there. More than likely it will share the same amenities similar to CCV and BRV.
My dates are usually pretty flexible so maybe that is why, but I’ve been able to get every single 1 or 2 bedroom reservation I have gone for (so far 2 VGF, 2 BCV, 1 BW, & 1 BLT) around the 7 month mark but there haven’t been any studios available anywhere but Saratoga for the full trips.

Are 1 and 2 bedrooms usually more in demand than the studios, or is this typically the case? If so being part of the same could make getting studios even more difficult I would think, with so many more points being added.

I have a toddler so right now I want the extra space, but once he is older and we are spending our days at the parks I see us switching to studios primarily. I own Poly and originally was hoping really hard it would be part of same, (and I still think it will be, but just my opinion) however now I’m not sure and I’m wondering if I should be careful what I wish for lol.

My dates are usually pretty flexible so maybe that is why, but I’ve been able to get every single 1 or 2 bedroom reservation I have gone for (so far 2 VGF, 2 BCV, 1 BW, & 1 BLT) around the 7 month mark but there haven’t been any studios available anywhere but Saratoga for the full trips.

Are 1 and 2 bedrooms usually more in demand than the studios, or is this typically the case? If so being part of the same could make getting studios even more difficult I would think, with so many more points being added.

I have a toddler so right now I want the extra space, but once he is older and we are spending our days at the parks I see us switching to studios primarily. I own Poly and originally was hoping really hard it would be part of same, (and I still think it will be, but just my opinion) however now I’m not sure and I’m wondering if I should be careful what I wish for lol.
I was talking about getting a studio in the new tower. 1 and 2 bedrooms will most likely be in demand as well. I think this resort will be pretty spectacular with awesome access to MK and pretty good access to Epcot as well.

I was talking about getting a studio in the new tower. 1 and 2 bedrooms will most likely be in demand as well. I think this resort will be pretty spectacular with awesome access to MK and pretty good access to Epcot as well.
I’m sure it will be, if it’s as nice as I’ve heard Riviera is but on monorail it will be the crown Jewel when it comes out. I wonder what the price point will be if it’s separate and comes with the full 50 years. I gotta think it will be considerably higher than anything so far

I was just curious if it would make it so all the studios (even old ones will be booked earlier) since it seems studios as a whole go faster. Obviously new studios would be highest demand, but I wonder if old studios or new 1-2 bedrooms would sell out next.

1 bedrooms are the last room size to book up and most often what is available for trades at 7 months. Studios are the most popular and are gone by 7 months because that is what owners of those resorts want based on cost.

We shall see how it goes but

I’m sure it will be, if it’s as nice as I’ve heard Riviera is but on monorail it will be the crown Jewel when it comes out. I wonder what the price point will be if it’s separate and comes with the full 50 years. I gotta think it will be considerably higher than anything so far.
This is the second point suggesting the tower will be a separate association: the tower is going to be luxe. Poly 1 is not luxe. Disney is pitching DVC at consumers who want hotel luxury.

My guess is that the Poly Tower will be a new association and will be fancy. It will have 4 different views to book: SV, LV, TPV, and an even higher category (LDYNV - Look Down Your Nose View). The LDYNV will have expansive views of the original PVB resort, and you will be highly visible to those staying in original PVB from the balcony.
1653050698196.png

As a Poly owner, I am not sure I agree with this point. You may not like the style - but it is hard to argue it is not as luxurious as any other DVC unit. AND... the bathroom set-up is pretty sweet.
It is luxury - Disney classifies it as Deluxe and prices the hotel side certainly as Deluxe.
I'm also a Poly owner, and I don't think they're intending on making the new tower more luxurious than the current Poly...to outshine the Poly?
Again, they just would have finished a scaled down Reflections if they wanted something completely new in that area.

It is luxury - Disney classifies it as Deluxe and prices the hotel side certainly as Deluxe.
I'm also a Poly owner, and I don't think they're intending on making the new tower more luxurious than the current Poly...to outshine the Poly?
Again, they just would have finished a scaled down Reflections if they wanted something completely new in that area.
But I think this new tower will be a scaled down Reflections, and it doesn’t appear to look anything like the original Poly. Personally, those old longhouses don’t look particularly luxe to me, but I’ve never stayed there…just judging from the exteriors.

And yes, I would bet the intent is indeed to outshine Poly! I wouldn’t buy there if they were going to just replicate the look of the original 50 year old resort.

With a DVC price increase coming - despite a fragile economy - am hesitant to even imagine what Poly2 will command when it goes on sale. (Plus, it is always fun to get everyone all excited about the way Disney will price something new 😄)

I've changed my mind. I think Poly2 has to be resale restricted. It's a more important piece than RIV in actually keeping FOMO alive. If DVC plans to sell at kiosks using FOMO, they need some good product, and Poly2 is worthy of it IMO.

I also expect very early announcing of the next project, like they did for Poly2. If the point is FOMO, it's never too early.

I've changed my mind. I think Poly2 has to be resale restricted. It's a more important piece than RIV in actually keeping FOMO alive. If DVC plans to sell at kiosks using FOMO, they need some good product, and Poly2 is worthy of it IMO.

I also expect very early announcing of the next project, like they did for Poly2. If the point is FOMO, it's never too early.
I never saw any good reason the Disney would not make it separate.

I never saw any good reason the Disney would not make it separate.
Disney did, which is why they kept VGF2 in O14. They wanted to get it sold. And why they were vague in the Poly2 announcements. If they were 100% committed to the RIV resale restrictions, they would have announced it for Poly2, and they would have locked down VGF2.

Disney did, which is why they kept VGF2 in O14. They wanted to get it sold. And why they were vague in the Poly2 announcements. If they were 100% committed to the RIV resale restrictions, they would have announced it for Poly2, and they would have locked down VGF2.

Except VGF hasn’t sold well at all, despite the lack of restrictions. But, I still believe that BPK situation was something that happened when it did due to the cancellation of Reflections and wanting to have another resort to sell.

IMO, It didn’t make any sense to have a new resort studio only association, and I think they were able to get the project done as fast as they did because they rolled it into VGF.

In terms of Poly tower, if it was going to be part of it, they would have also announced right away. They didn’t because they want options….they haven’t even announced whether VDH will carry the restrictions yet.

I am still confident that it will be new, and will have resale restrictions because they have already shown that a restricted resort can sell against one without them given the correct pricing.

I think since VGF2 was a hotel room conversion they needed to include it. Poly2 is going to be a brand new building. No way IMO that is in the same association.

Boy is DVC going to have a lot of angry Poly 1.0 owners if they don't include it in the same association. I wouldn't want to be the Guide who has to explain that to a current owner....... and then try to con them in to buying Poly 2.0.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter