Americans and Canadians culture Q&A Thread.

Buzz's question of the day. Does Canada have national sports training facilities for their national teams/Olympic teams? The USA has several as far as I'm aware. In fact the USMNT announced a new training facility to be built in Atlanta. So I'm curious if team Canada has facilities in specific areas of the country like Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver?
Bobsled, luge, ski jumping and speed skating used to be centred here in Calgary in/on the '88 Olympic facilities, but they eventually became obsolete. A lot of the national team athletes in those sports train in Whistler BC now.

Buzz's question of the day. Does Canada have national sports training facilities for their national teams/Olympic teams? The USA has several as far as I'm aware. In fact the USMNT announced a new training facility to be built in Atlanta. So I'm curious if team Canada has facilities in specific areas of the country like Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver?

Yes, most national teams have a national training facility. Occasionally there may be satellite facilities that athletes work out of when they are closer to home. The Canadian Sport Institutes has 7 locations throughout the country.

I am not looking to start a debate about guns or anything like that but I thought it was important to post this today.

Today is Canada's National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women.

34 years ago today, a man walked into the École Polytechnique and opened fire. He targeted women, shooting 28 people, killing 14 women and then killing himself. His name is not important but his victims should never be forgotten.

I remember the women who were killed that day:

Anne St-Arneault, 23
Geneviève Bergeron, 21
Hélène Colgan, 23
Nathalie Croteau, 23
Barbara Daigneault, 22
Anne-Marie Edward, 21
Maud Haviernick, 29
Barbara Klueznick, 31
Maryse Laganière, 25
Maryse Leclair, 23
Anne-Marie Lemay, 22
Sonia Pelletier, 23
Michèle Richard, 21
Annie Turcotte, 21

I am not looking to start a debate about guns or anything like that but I thought it was important to post this today.

Today is Canada's National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women.

34 years ago today, a man walked into the École Polytechnique and opened fire. He targeted women, shooting 28 people, killing 14 women and then killing himself. His name is not important but his victims should never be forgotten.

I remember the women who were killed that day:

Anne St-Arneault, 23
Geneviève Bergeron, 21
Hélène Colgan, 23
Nathalie Croteau, 23
Barbara Daigneault, 22
Anne-Marie Edward, 21
Maud Haviernick, 29
Barbara Klueznick, 31
Maryse Laganière, 25
Maryse Leclair, 23
Anne-Marie Lemay, 22
Sonia Pelletier, 23
Michèle Richard, 21
Annie Turcotte, 21
RIP to all the past victims. 🙏

One thing I hope for Team USA 🇺🇸 and Team Canada 🇨🇦 this year is that both countries do well in all international competitions this year. May both teams have sporting success in the upcoming Olympics (including the fast approaching trials) and Copa America 2024!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter