The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Just concluded a stay in a fabulous 2 bedroom SV. Watched Harmonious last night and caught the MK Halloween fireworks as well.
Everything feels “right-sized” about this resort… plenty of spaces in the (very close) parking lot, space in both pools, never missed a bus because of over-crowding, etc. It’s a breath of fresh air from the crowds elsewhere.
Topolino’s breakfast and dinner are easily the best meals (excluding V&A) at Disney World.
All the cast members are wonderful.
Eventi room was a terrific space for my kids to paint crafts.
My son now loves bocce ball.
We loved catching moments of Tangled while also watching our kids go down the slide.

All in all this is a wonderful place to call “home!”

Just concluded a stay in a fabulous 2 bedroom SV. Watched Harmonious last night and caught the MK Halloween fireworks as well.
Everything feels “right-sized” about this resort… plenty of spaces in the (very close) parking lot, space in both pools, never missed a bus because of over-crowding, etc. It’s a breath of fresh air from the crowds elsewhere.
Topolino’s breakfast and dinner are easily the best meals (excluding V&A) at Disney World.
All the cast members are wonderful.
Eventi room was a terrific space for my kids to paint crafts.
My son now loves bocce ball.
We loved catching moments of Tangled while also watching our kids go down the slide.

All in all this is a wonderful place to call “home!”

I agree with all of this. I would add that having the Caribbean Beach amenities so close is an underrated benefit. Sebastian's is an excellent family style dinner and Banana Cabana is a cool bar.

Just back from 3 nights in a dedicated 2 bedroom. Room was ready at noon on Checkin day. Lovely view of Epcot from the balcony. We noticed paint being touched up in several of the hallways. Everything looked nice and maintained. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. The bartender at Riva chuckled when I asked about the Monte Cristo being available and said maybe if they build a dedicated kitchen just for that sandwich 😂

Our Welcome Home stay is booked for 9/23 - 9/30 in a preferred studio!
Whelp, this has turned into an interesting Welcome Home stay.

Ian is definitely putting a damper on things, but we've already made great memories with our first 5 days. Suppose we'll add experiencing a hurricane to the list. One silver lining is that MK had extremely low wait times today. We walked on to everything and found a table at Pecos Bill with zero fuss.

Anyone else riding out Ian here at RR?

Ian is definitely putting a damper on things, but we've already made great memories with our first 5 days. Suppose we'll add experiencing a hurricane to the list. One silver lining is that MK had extremely low wait times today. We walked on to everything and found a table at Pecos Bill with zero fuss.

Stay safe!!!

We are supposed to arrive Saturday afternoon. Our first RR stay was canceled due to the pandemic. Been looking forward to our 1st stay here a long time! Hoping and praying all fair well and stay safe!

Is it possible to use the CBR pool/splash pad while staying at RIV? We are staying a week in May and I was originally wanting to do a split stay for a change of scenery but we have two very young kids and I’m nervous about moving/moving day. I thought if my oldest could use the CBR splash pad to change things up it would be a good compromise!

Is it possible to use the CBR pool/splash pad while staying at RIV? We are staying a week in May and I was originally wanting to do a split stay for a change of scenery but we have two very young kids and I’m nervous about moving/moving day. I thought if my oldest could use the CBR splash pad to change things up it would be a good compromise!

Pool hopping is still officially suspended.

Has anyone successfully made a pot of strong coffee using the drip coffee machines at Riviera? We tried different ratios every morning, but could never get a brew we liked, always tasted weak. Maybe we will ask if they can deliver a Keurig machine next time and bring strong pods.

Otherwise our Hurricane Ian stay at Riviera went as well as it could, the Resort staff were excellent, and the resort seemed to suffer very little damage.

Has anyone successfully made a pot of strong coffee using the drip coffee machines at Riviera? We tried different ratios every morning, but could never get a brew we liked, always tasted weak. Maybe we will ask if they can deliver a Keurig machine next time and bring strong pods.

Otherwise our Hurricane Ian stay at Riviera went as well as it could, the Resort staff were excellent, and the resort seemed to suffer very little damage.
What coffee were you using? We bring our own from home and don’t have any problems brewing to the strength we like, and we like it strong! Occasionally for various reasons we’ll use what’s provided, but it’s not very good as far as we’re concerned.

What coffee were you using? We bring our own from home and don’t have any problems brewing to the strength we like, and we like it strong! Occasionally for various reasons we’ll use what’s provided, but it’s not very good as far as we’re concerned.
Good question! We were using pre-ground Lavazza coffee, we've had luck with it before at home. Was debating on grinding our own coffee from home and portioning it out to bring down, might try that when we head back in May! Glad to hear you were able to get it to your liking, will keep trying!

Good question! We were using pre-ground Lavazza coffee, we've had luck with it before at home. Was debating on grinding our own coffee from home and portioning it out to bring down, might try that when we head back in May! Glad to hear you were able to get it to your liking, will keep trying!
Another thought occurred to me - some find the taste of the tap water in different resorts affects the flavor of their coffee. So you might try bottled water.

Another thought occurred to me - some find the taste of the tap water in different resorts affects the flavor of their coffee. So you might try bottled water.
That's a great point, had we not been rationing our bottled water for the hurricane we probably would have given that a shot. Next time!

That's a great point, had we not been rationing our bottled water for the hurricane we probably would have given that a shot. Next time!
Side note to this, we had an early dinner last Saturday at Chefs De France, was served a cup of mighty strong coffee with our Creme Brulee. I had to pour quite a bit of half and half in to get it to the color I like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter