• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

We’re at the Riv right now. Still obsessed with this place! Only negative so far has been the ECV line for the skyliner at Epcot is still a long wait at park close, but it’s just one of those things, not much they can do.

Only real shame is our view which isn’t great!
35BD5DBB-5A52-4E44-8824-8FDE9F9CB13F.jpeg

We hoped to get lucky with a standard view, especially considering we requested to be near the skyliner too! It’s less the view and more the noise which isn’t great :rotfl2:.

Still though, been an amazing time so far.

We’re at the Riv right now. Still obsessed with this place! Only negative so far has been the ECV line for the skyliner at Epcot is still a long wait at park close, but it’s just one of those things, not much they can do.

View attachment 715455

We hoped to get lucky with a standard view, especially considering we requested to be near the skyliner too! It’s less the view and more the noise which isn’t great :rotfl2:.

I had this one too during one trip! Made the best of it like you are! Have fun!

View attachment 715455

I haven’t seen this view yet! Where are you located?

View attachment 715455

I got this room as well in August… 8263. It was ready early though 🤷‍♂️

Random question. Does anyone know if you can pool hop again? We’re thinking of taking the skyliner down to AoA and wondering if we can jump in the pool briefly if we get hot!

I know we can’t at CBR because it’s not on the list, but wasn’t sure if pool hopping is back at all

Random question. Does anyone know if you can pool hop again? We’re thinking of taking the skyliner down to AoA and wondering if we can jump in the pool briefly if we get hot!

I know we can’t at CBR because it’s not on the list, but wasn’t sure if pool hopping is back at all
AFAIK, pool hopping hasn't returned. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it never comes back. Prepandemic, more and more pools were ending up on the "no hopping" list, and speculation already was that pool hopping privileges would eventually end. The pandemic closure may have allowed them to put an end to it sooner rather than later.

I see primo piatto added a couple new menu options including “grab and go” lasagna and a meatball. Has anyone tried either of these? What do they mean by “grab and go”?

Checking out today after a week with split stay at VGF DS - SV and VGF RS TPV and Hurricane Nicole. Had a good time despite the rain and wind, which brought lower crowds on Wednesday. Didn’t go to the parks on Thursday since tickets were extended to 9/30/2023, which will be perfect to use for a park day either before or after the Member Cruise. Glad we were at RIV for the latter part of the trip and going home with clean clothes!

1BR Std. View 8341 - requested high floor hoping for some Epcot Fireworks, but didn’t get it. Room was ready around 3:45 so we left Epcot on Wednesday just as the rain and wind started to really pick up. View isn’t terrible but it’s directly across from the smoking area. I can’t stand smoke (allergies) so have only used the balcony briefly. Smokers were even out during the heavy wind and rain!

Attachments

• 14977116-0975-4D55-B147-068B931E9246.jpeg
    14977116-0975-4D55-B147-068B931E9246.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 29
  • AFB2D95D-54C1-427D-B99F-8A856242DD3A.jpeg
    AFB2D95D-54C1-427D-B99F-8A856242DD3A.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 27
  • DA383AAF-F9FE-4BE1-A894-C224933E41C1.jpeg
    DA383AAF-F9FE-4BE1-A894-C224933E41C1.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 27
  • ABC0B466-4DBF-4489-933B-68F3E1BD121C.jpeg
    ABC0B466-4DBF-4489-933B-68F3E1BD121C.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 5F725B0A-C376-48BF-A209-D75FB182E4D3.jpeg
    5F725B0A-C376-48BF-A209-D75FB182E4D3.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 27
Checking out today after a week with split stay at VGF DS - SV and VGF RS TPV and Hurricane Nicole. Had a good time despite the rain and wind, which brought lower crowds on Wednesday. Didn’t go to the parks on Thursday since tickets were extended to 9/30/2023, which will be perfect to use for a park day either before or after the Member Cruise. Glad we were at RIV for the latter part of the trip and going home with clean clothes!

1BR Std. View 8341 - requested high floor hoping for some Epcot Fireworks, but didn’t get it. Room was ready around 3:45 so we left Epcot on Wednesday just as the rain and wind started to really pick up. View isn’t terrible but it’s directly across from the smoking area. I can’t stand smoke (allergies) so have only used the balcony briefly. Smokers were even out during the heavy wind and rain!

@Sandisw was trying to maintain a room view thread. Maybe move these pics. over there too.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/riviera-rooms-with-a-view.3782418/

I agree with all of this. I would add that having the Caribbean Beach amenities so close is an underrated benefit. Sebastian's is an excellent family style dinner and Banana Cabana is a cool bar.

See this is why I love these threads, I would not have even thought to check into what's available at CBR for food and fun had I not popped in to see what folks were saying about the resort! We have our first stay at Riviera in February, we finally went ahead bought points there, its such a beautiful resort and I can't wait to go!!!

Arriving tomorrow for our “welcome home” trip. Anyone at the Riviera now and if so can you share the list of activities/events happening at the hotel through the week?

We just added on 200 points at Riviera!

I was planning on buying 12 months from now, but crunched the numbers with the incentives and impending price increase (not to mention possible additional price increases between now and next year) and decided that it made sense to pull the trigger now instead of waiting another year.

I e-mailed my guide last night, got a phone call back this morning, and by this evening I already had points in my account and my first Riviera reservation booked!

We just added on 200 points at Riviera!

I was planning on buying 12 months from now, but crunched the numbers with the incentives and impending price increase (not to mention possible additional price increases between now and next year) and decided that it made sense to pull the trigger now instead of waiting another year.

I e-mailed my guide last night, got a phone call back this morning, and by this evening I already had points in my account and my first Riviera reservation booked!
Welcome home (again)!

We are flying out Wednesday for our first stay at Riviera! We have a 2BR SV from the 23rd-29th and are very excited.

We requested fireworks view through member services many, many months ago. When I called for something else a few months ago they confirmed it showed our request on there still.

With that in mind, I swear I read somewhere on this site, maybe even somewhere in this thread when it was a hundred or so pages smaller, that if you make a room request like that to not do the online check in. Is that true or am I misremembering it? Or can you do the online check in within 24 hours or something because I think they assign the room some time before your visit?

Anyway, if anyone has any tips let me know. If it’s best to check in the day of at the desk or whatever that’s fine. I just don’t want to mess up.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter