The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

We just got back from our welcome home stay and we loved the resort! We bought without visiting and were very impressed with our first visit. Don't know that we'll want to stay anywhere else. My touring plans request seems to have gone through we got a 2bd. SV Lock-off and it had a view of the fireworks. Perfect for our 2 year old who loves fireworks but couldn't stay up late enough to watch them in the parks. Already planning our next RIV stay!

Anyone else see the planned refurb of the skyliner from 1/22-1/29/23? That was our week to be there :( Just switched to Saratoga and on the wait list for Grand Floridian. Rotten luck.

Anyone else see the planned refurb of the skyliner from 1/22-1/29/23? That was our week to be there :( Just switched to Saratoga and on the wait list for Grand Floridian. Rotten luck.
Curious why you think a bus to Epcot/HS from Saratoga will be better than one from Riviera?

Edit: also, sorry about the skyliner being down, that is a bummer. :)

Curious why you think a bus to Epcot/HS from Saratoga will be better than one from Riviera?

Your paying 25% more for the skyliner - makes sense to save the 26 points if it will not be available. I would 100% do the same, plus dining options are limited at RR for a week with no skyliner - I would rather be in the Springs for more variety.

Sorry, should have been more specific about my reasons, but nursemanit nailed it. The points are much less at SS and we can walk to Disney Springs at least from there. Hopefully though, the wait list for Grand Floridian will come through and then we can easily get to Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

I also added a waitlist for Riveria for the week before - the dates don't jive as well with our schedules but I do really love the resort and want to stay there. I just feel that the Skyliner is one of the bigger perks for us.

As DVD sells more RIV points, every once in a while they declare more rooms into inventory for DVC reservations. When that happens, do they first try to fill any existing RIV waitlists?

I have a trip planned for April, and I'm currently booked as a split stay in 2 different room types. I do have a waitlist that, if filled, will put me in the same room type. I'm not too optimistic about the waitlist coming through unless they declare more inventory.

Thanks!
Well color me surprised; my waitlist for April came through! :cloud9: I was somewhat dreading doing a split stay, but now we won't have to for this trip.

I just scored a 2 bedroom preferred view for this spring, too!

Looking forward to my first say at RR. What's the best room request to make? Just asking for a pool view?

Hoping to spend a lot of time at the resort and poolside this trip. Anything not to miss?

Sorry, should have been more specific about my reasons, but nursemanit nailed it. The points are much less at SS and we can walk to Disney Springs at least from there. Hopefully though, the wait list for Grand Floridian will come through and then we can easily get to Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

I also added a waitlist for Riveria for the week before - the dates don't jive as well with our schedules but I do really love the resort and want to stay there. I just feel that the Skyliner is one of the bigger perks for us.
Note that last year the Skyliner was only down for half the time that had been announced. But best be safe anyway

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter