The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Thanks! So was that at all the QS restaurants or a specific one?

I'm trying to gauge the differences, if any, of the coffee between the QS places specifically at RIV.
That is just the one in the main lobby, I didn’t try it anywhere else after, how could I? :)

Hello everyone, by tomorrow morning, we will be new direct owners of 177 fixed week (7) points at RIV!!

We have yet to stay but have dined and visited many times. I love the thought of having our adult only time here, the resort seems secluded, yet not, upscale in a fancy Disney way, and small enough to feel boutique boujee:)

This will be our 6th contract - if our 5th passes ROFR - 2nd direct. With this contract being the only fixed week makes it new and exciting! I can’t wait to read through this thread

Hello everyone, by tomorrow morning, we will be new direct owners of 177 fixed week (7) points at RIV!!

We have yet to stay but have dined and visited many times. I love the thought of having our adult only time here, the resort seems secluded, yet not, upscale in a fancy Disney way, and small enough to feel boutique boujee:)

This will be our 6th contract - if our 5th passes ROFR - 2nd direct. With this contract being the only fixed week makes it new and exciting! I can’t wait to read through this thread
Welcome Home! What week and room type did you go with? We've stayed at Riviera several times and love it more each time - woot!

Our welcome home trip is scheduled for thanksgiving week. I called DVC and requested a few specific room numbers for our two bedroom preferred view villa. Should I check in early the day of arrival through the app or will that remove my requested room numbers?

Our welcome home trip is scheduled for thanksgiving week. I called DVC and requested a few specific room numbers for our two bedroom preferred view villa. Should I check in early the day of arrival through the app or will that remove my requested room numbers?

You can check in online at any time, but do not fill in any room preferences as it will override your request. Oh, and welcome home!

If anyone is going soon and can post the August activities calendar I would greatly appreciate it.

And the other quick service menu items they got rid of in the name of Covid!!! Their menu gets old fast!
agreed, not sure why it still is or really ever was limited. Chicken and steak were available everywhere else. It really irks me so much they have not reverted back to the original menu. And also stop with the huge amount of wasted paper boxes for dine in orders too.

agreed, not sure why it still is or really ever was limited. Chicken and steak were available everywhere else. It really irks me so much they have not reverted back to the original menu. And also stop with the huge amount of wasted paper boxes for dine in orders too.
I think Disney used Covid as an excuse to make a lot of cuts, some of which don’t really make sense to me to this day.

Just spent 3 nights at RIviera and really liked the room and the pool areas.The food/ beverages and cast interaction were top notch.

We stayed in a standard view studio on the east wing 3rd floor and not a great view by any means- I would say it could be categorized sub standard and be more accurate. Usually I can find something to like about even the less than ideal room views but not this time.

Skyliner is wonderful when working but when it storms not so much. I would stay again but not it the summer, those afternoon down times on the skyliner were brutal this week.

As DVD sells more RIV points, every once in a while they declare more rooms into inventory for DVC reservations. When that happens, do they first try to fill any existing RIV waitlists?

I have a trip planned for April, and I'm currently booked as a split stay in 2 different room types. I do have a waitlist that, if filled, will put me in the same room type. I'm not too optimistic about the waitlist coming through unless they declare more inventory.

Thanks!

As DVD sells more RIV points, every once in a while they declare more rooms into inventory for DVC reservations. When that happens, do they first try to fill any existing RIV waitlists?

I have a trip planned for April, and I'm currently booked as a split stay in 2 different room types. I do have a waitlist that, if filled, will put me in the same room type. I'm not too optimistic about the waitlist coming through unless they declare more inventory.

Thanks!

We believe that is what happens...but when its released, it goes into the system and it is possible that rooms get booked before the typical waitlist run runs. But, TBH, no one knows exactly how it works.

When they declared the remainder of VGF studios, none of us really saw too much change to the online system so maybe there were a lot of WL in place and that is why? But, the more rooms that come into the system, the better chance you have for that WL to fill.

Keep an eye out for announcement that more has been declared...DVC news posts that typically...and then you can go in and see if your dates show up before you notice a filled WL!

Hello! Just booked a 2 bedroom SV for 5/13/23-5/20/23. So excited. It will be for myself, my husband and 19 year-old DD and it is a surprise for them, they think I booked two studio tower rooms😊 Is it possible to be added to Be Our Guest list? Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter