***The Official May 2016 Thread!!***

We've just moved our booking from AKL to BC, so excited now. ADR Plans are nearly finalised. 29 Days till ADRs!

Tickets purchased, room reserved at the Boardwalk, and finally booked flights Sunday when Jetblue released May dates.

Now just counting down to ADR day...which of course is 6 AM on the day I leave on a business trip overseas. I'm notorious for staying up late the night before to finish packing, then to be up (and functional) by 6...no sleep for me on Nov 10!

We are lucky, being in the UK, 6AM is 11AM so we don't have to get up early.

FPs are another matter. Up at 5am for those!

I'm not too worried about being awake at 6am to make ADRs - it's being coherent enough to not screw up! LOL
34 more days!

I'm looking at doing a solo trip for my birthday in May! I'm hoping to put that $60 credit I have with SW to good use. I don't have dates set yet, but it will all depend on how much the flights will cost and what kind of discounts I can get for the resort. I'm looking at the first two weeks since my birthday is the 2nd though. :goodvibes

My birthday is the 7th! and I'll be there the 11-12th and then heading to a cruise! May birthdays rock! Solo trip would be awesome.. I'm hoping to plan one of those one day..

So happy I found this thread! We are going in May for 14 nights at the Saratoga Springs and it's feeling like waaay too long a wait haha! Happy to see that others are all booked up for then too :D
14 days?! You are sooooo lucky.
one day that'll be me lol.

Anyone have any idea when May hours will be released? I know I had found it before but then have seem to have lost the date.

Thanks!!

I just booked my May 2016 trip! Will be a solo trip from May 8-16. Staying at AoA.
This will be my 3rd trip to Disney, but the last time was 1998. I've been waiting to go back for a long time.
So super dee dooper excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes I laugh and other times I tear up. Hopefully by the time May rolls around there will be only smiles.

I just booked my May 2016 trip! Will be a solo trip from May 8-16. Staying at AoA.
This will be my 3rd trip to Disney, but the last time was 1998. I've been waiting to go back for a long time.
So super dee dooper excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes I laugh and other times I tear up. Hopefully by the time May rolls around there will be only smiles.

That is soooo exciting! I might see a friendly face when I'm there, haha. And we can't promise smiles only... I cry happy tears the every time I see the castle for the first time! And congrats on it being a solo trip! I've wanted to do one of those for a while! I hope you do a trip report so that I can get some inspiration!

That is soooo exciting! I might see a friendly face when I'm there, haha. And we can't promise smiles only... I cry happy tears the every time I see the castle for the first time! And congrats on it being a solo trip! I've wanted to do one of those for a while! I hope you do a trip report so that I can get some inspiration!

I actually recently had a dream that I had just walked in to one of the parks and got so emotional that I started to cry.
This is a solo trip since it's been so long and I'm coming from overseas and don't know when my next trip will be. I just want this to be the most magical trip for me without taking anyone else into consideration. I'm also used to doing much on my own so this is just an extension off that.

We'll be going for a week and a half over Memorial Day weekend and into the next weekend. Any thoughts on how bad Memorial Day crowds actually are?

Anyone have any idea when May hours will be released? I know I had found it before but then have seem to have lost the date.

Thanks!!
My guess would be in around 23 days for the 1st day in May and a little longer depending when you are going in May. Right now hours are posted up through April 7th.

Room reserved at all star music! Was going to be pop, however all star was £100 cheaper, which basically pays for a really really nice meal!

I'm thinking about booking a short trip for May during our anniversary. We both feel guilty even thinking about it because we have a three year old, who will be four by then. Of course he went to Disney this march, and we're taking him in December, plus we are planning for September or October of next year. Nothing really to be guilt about there. We haven't been on a trip by ourselves since either 2006 or 2007, it would be heaven to be alone.

My guess would be in around 23 days for the 1st day in May and a little longer depending when you are going in May. Right now hours are posted up through April 7th.

Someone else responded to me with a note saying they thought the hours would be out this week???

So now there is 6 of us going in May. me and my partner, his brother and sister and his parents :D this is going to be such a fun trip :D. If only I could convince my parents into trying WDW!

Someone else responded to me with a note saying they thought the hours would be out this week???
I thought I read somewhere they would be out the week of the 20th. I'm anxiously awaiting hours too - even thought they tend to extend them here & there sometimes as it gets closer.

I thought I read somewhere they would be out the week of the 20th. I'm anxiously awaiting hours too - even thought they tend to extend them here & there sometimes as it gets closer.

Yeah, I don't mind them extending them out later just like to at least get something to start planning with. Then I can figure out our ADR's close to the 180 days.

So excited! Just booked today May 14-21 at the Beach Club Villas!!!! Bit of a challenge though since the website crashed today. It was a relief when we finally had our confirmation. Can't wait. :yay:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter