The Official Cake Thread - Photo Gallery & Cake Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
4) Here's one of Disney's sample wedding cakes that has snowflakes - dunno if that's Christmas-y enough for ya...

Snowflake
Snowflake.jpg

Here is my daughter Taylor's cake. We got this at 1900 Park Fare on Aug 15th. It was an 8 inch cake with white chocolate filling. The cake was very delicious and was a HUGE hit with the Tremaines. I am adding all the details of our night with them to my TR now if anyone wants to read it.

The cake cost $75.

PFCake2.jpg

PFCake.jpg

PFCakeTaylor2.jpg

Minnie Mouse BD cake. From GF Bakery and served at Narcossee's. 8 inch chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and buttercream icing under fondant. White chocolate Minnie Mouse Topper. $100.

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

Beautiful cake. Received oohs and aahs from nearby tables.
My son "designed" the cake. He asked for Minnie in a flower garden with only pink flowers and a ladybug and two butterflies.

While the cake was beautiful, it was really more a work of art than a great dessert. The cake was very dry. The mousse filling was good, though. Still, I was very pleased with the cake :)

we are home from our fabulous trip which included my oldest daughter's 17th birthday. i opted for a small cake as we were there for 11 days, DDP for 7 and club level. yes i'm sure i gained 8 lbs! anyhow, if you are thinking of a lighter option here is the mini-wedding cake that was made for $25 for her birthday at Boardwalk Bakery.
TBDAY_00015.JPG

TBDAY_00017.JPG

Alright, I hope i'm sharing my cake in the appropriate thread. After 7 different people telling me that they do not make customs cakes....:confused3 I finally got ahold of a CM who gave me one of the Chef's email from the Boardwalk Bakery. After a few emails/photos being exchanged, it was a go.

I decided to go with a rock n' roll theme as a surprise for Dbf because I was surprising him with Aerosmith Tickets.

It cost roughly 110.00 US, and it's an almond cake with bavarian cream filing.

Here it is:
DisneyAugust2009137.jpg

DisneyAugust2009134.jpg

DisneyAugust2009144.jpg

Here is the picture of the treasure chest cake

DSC00353.JPG

and here it is out of the chest

DSC00360.JPG

The cake was adorable and tasted very good. This was a perfect size since we had it at Chef Mickey's and their are plenty of other desserts to pick from. As I have mentioned before my DS was thrilled to get it. :dance3:

Just ordered my daughter's 4th Birthday celebration cake for Chef Mickey's...easy as pie (or cake) to order. Can't wait to see it, now lets hope she doesn't change her mind 20 more times about what kind of cake she wants ;)

8" Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Buttercream tinted Purple
Ariel Screened on White Chololate
TONS of Sprinkles (she would eat them for dinner if we let her)
$57

I'll post pictures when we get back...mid-Sept.
I sure hope you get exactly what you want!

I had issues with Chef Mickey's. I ordered a white cake, white buttercream frosting, with Snow White screen printed on white chocolate. I was very specific in stating that I did not want an edible image, and asked several times if they were sure they could do the white chocolate screen print like the GF Bakery. I was assured they could. The cake was supposed to say "Happy Birthday Emilee."

I got an edible image. It was of Snow White, but she was 'cropped' out of an image of all the princesses and you could see bits and pieces of the other princesses around the edges (like an arm, or part of a face). There was also no Happy Birthday written on the cake or the cake board.

It was pretty, but it wasn't what I ordered. :headache:

DD wants to celebrate her birthday at Chef Mickey's again, but I'm hesitant to order another cake from them. I don't like edible images, not the look but the texture. I can scrape it off my piece if I have to, but I'd rather get what I order. :laughing:

ETA: My cake was from two years ago, so it could have changed and maybe the do have the screen printed white chocolate now, or maybe the person who took my order was clueless and they had it even then.

IMG_4493.jpg

IMG_4496.jpg

I ordered 2 cakes for our recent trip last week. I started with the cake hotline then was transferred to the person for the Grand Floridian Restaurants. I had to leave a voicemail and she called me back the next day. I can't remember her name and have since lost the paper I wrote it on!

The first was a mini tiered wedding cake for our Anniversary at Narcoossee's on 8/19/09. The cost was $30 added to our dinner bill. I ordered yellow cake with chocolate mousse filling and asked for it in lavender as these were the colors of our flowers. I believe she said any decorations other than standard started at $50.

WDWAugust2009117.jpg

The second cake was a mini cake for my daughter's 4th Birthday at 1900 Park Fare. I ordered the same cake and filling and asked for pink. The white chocolate castle was hollow. The cost was also $30 and added to the bill.

WDWAugust2009297.jpg

WDWAugust2009298.jpg

WDWAugust2009299.jpg

The cakes were good and served their purpose. It was better than a Sara Lee cake as far as looks and it definitely was fresh. Would I do this again? I'm not sure...

Florida2009098.jpg
[/IMG]

I hope this worked, if it did it is a picture of my DD birthday cake at 1900 park fare

Price : $51
Date Received : 8/30/09
Cake info : Vanilla cake, pink frosting

So here is my mini-wedding cake.

Ordered for: August 30th, 2009, at 1900 Park Fare
Chocolate Cake with Buttercream Frosting, Chocolate filling (which I didn't expect)
30$ before tax

100_1717.jpg

100_1721.jpg

The flowers were edible:
100_1724.jpg

Hidden Mickey! I realized this right after I stuck my fork in, so I quickly pulled it out to take a photo:
100_1728.jpg

aaarrrgghhh........I want to order a cake for my children (dd4 and ds10) for the 18th Sept for our dinner at 1900 park fayre....we are not realy celebrating anything, just my daughters first trip to the world.

Anyway after looking at this thread for months and getting lots of ideas, I have decided I want a pirate and princess theme, to try and please both of them with 'have a magical trip' written on it....

......well, here is my problem..........I can't get hold of Pat, all I get is her answer machine, I have left messages but I'm not sure she will phone me back as I'm in the UK................aaarrgghhh

Pat rang me back and Im in the Uk - It was after 3 phone messages though. She was great when I finally spoke to her.

Does anyone have a pic of Toy Story theme cake or Buzz Lightyear? We're eating at 1900 Pak Fare one day and I wanted to order one! TIA! April

Here you go

DSC00684.jpg

Here's our latest cake

Cake: Chocolate cake/chocolate mousse filling with marbled ganache icing
Cost: $45 + tax

DSC01103.jpg

Here are some pics of the 6" Jack Skellington Cake I ordered from Pat at the GF Bakery for our Dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe for DD's 15th Bday!

DisneyAugust2009225.jpg

DisneyAugust2009653.jpg

DisneyAugust2009652.jpg

DisneyAugust2009655.jpg

DisneyAugust2009651.jpg

DisneyAugust2009712.jpg

I forgot to post these here. This is the mad hatter cake my hubby ordered for my birthday. Lilo is my favourite character. It was made by the GF bakery (Pat) to be eaten at Citrico's. I was sooooo blown away by it. The filling was milk chocolate buttercream.

Paula2-7.jpg

Paula8-2.jpg

Paula1-7.jpg

Paula-46.jpg

Pictures time!!! This is my b-day cake that DBf ordered from SSR from our Labor Day Trip. It is white butter cream with yellow cake and it was super delicious!;) We ate it for a couple days as our breakfast :lmao: He asked for a cake that taste and look similar to the mini wedding cake that we had a few years back at GF but without the castle and the SSR chef added a few mickey heads on the side which look awesome.

P1000609.jpg

P1000632-1.jpg

P1000631.jpg

Here are the pictures from our Nightmare Before Christmas Cake:

090.jpg

091.jpg

092.jpg

093.jpg

094.jpg

096.jpg

212.jpg

We had it at the Grand Floridian Cafe on September 4/09. It was a chocolate cake with chocolate icing. The cost was $100 (before tax -- about $106 with tax).

Okay I'm trying again. :)
DSC04507.jpg

DSC04504.jpg

This was from 1900 Park Fare on August 27.
Ordered from Pat, $115, chocolate cake with strawberry and custard filling.
It was REALLY good!

:lmao: Sounds like something my dd would say. I did ask if it would be painted as I didn't want plain and was told they have a lady that hand paints them. Maybe they forgot to quote me for that and explains the price difference. Oh well, I am sure it will be gorgeous either way. DD will be happy.

We had ordered a cake for our anniversary and had a Tink cake topper.
I didn't ask for her to painted or unpainted, I just never thought about it.
She automatically came painted and she looked pretty good.

The pic that I have isn't really that great. It's a little small and she looks better in person...I still have her ...lol

DisneyDec08088.jpg

I'm glad that they painted her. She really stood out and looked great on top of the cake!

We got this cake for my youngest daughter's birthday last October. It was delivered at 'Ohana and we ordered it through Poly Private Dining. You would probably order it through the Cake Hotline now, though. My daughter LOVED it and so did everyone around us. It was really good. It was yellow cake with a buttercream filling. The icing was a chocolate ganache and it had some sort of brittle/toffee type nuts pressed into the sides all around the outside of the cake (we didn't ask for that, but it was a nice touch). If I remember correctly, the cake was around $40. Note, she was turning 3. I brought a pack of candles with us and gave them to our server. He put 4 candles on the cake before bringing it to the table. LOL!

Minnieheadcake.jpg

closeupcake.jpg

Oct '08 - this is the Tink we paid extra for! note the flowers on the side - were NOT edible! And that one teeny tiny candle? It was at 1900 Park Fare - and I swear the server waited till DH left the table then brought it out!

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

This was when I decided NEVER again would I order a custom cake - it was NOT worth the $$!

I'm glad to see cakes coming out that are worth it - excited to see chefs enthusiastic about making cakes! well maybe not - because now I"M TEMPTED to order again! :rotfl2: (esp since we are going for our 29th Anniversary at the Calif. Grill!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!