The Official Cake Thread - Photo Gallery & Cake Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an anniversary cake I ordered for my parents last week at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Although it was beautiful, and my parents loved the cake, I was also slightly disappointed by the process of ordering a custom cake from Disney. Even though I confirmed the order the order three days before, it was not exactly what I ordered. It was a 6 inch, vanilla cake, with chocolate buttercream frosting, dark chocolate mousse filling, cream fondant with gold stamped Mickeys, a Donald, and a Tinkerbell, and the white chocolate Mickey and Minnie Topper. I have more pictures of the details, but haven't figured out how to post multiple pictures yet.

ry%3D480

The inside of the cake

ry%3D400

The Tinkerbell Stamp

ry%3D400

The Donald

ry%3D400

Ok, we are back from WDW. Our Haunted Mansion cake was great of course. They were thrilled with it so now i'm gonna try to post pics of it. First time trying it so bear with me.
Picture109.jpg

Picture113.jpg

Picture111.jpg

Picture103.jpg
This is of the last minute cake i got for him at WCC.

Hope this works.

Sorry so big will work on this.

Ok trying this. This is our Tinkerbelle cake from The Wave. I'm not a good photographer, and I have a new camera. So pics didn't turn out well. The cake was wonderful. Vanilla with Bavarian Creme and strawberries. I ordered 2 chocolate covered strawberries on the side.

DRandDisney-Sept09054.jpg

Hope this works

The back.
DRandDisney-Sept09062.jpg

For those who didn't see my thread, I ordered the Haunted Mansion cake on page 121 of this thread. This is what I got:

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dissappointed. I wont post the details here since I posted them in the other thread. I just wanted to add the cake pic to this thread. I'll have a pic of it non-cut in a few days.

Our anniversary cake at Jiko. Theme Jack & Sally, unfortunately I had to use a disposable camera and the photos came out terrible! The cake however was a work of art and we couldn't be more pleased. I am so bummed about the camera quality, but I was able to get a decent snapshot of the topper back at our room!

Cake $4o
Decorations $30
Made by Sous Chef Frank Vega,
Animal Kingdom Lodge

034_34.jpg

035_35.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

I didn't follow the rules. This is a cake we got the second week in Sept. at The Wave. It was around $80-85 I believe but I had ordered 2 chocolate covered strawberries. Hard to remember because we were on dining plan and I also ordered a beer and used TIW for that. But close to that price. It was vanilla with bavarian cream and strawberries. My only real request was the writing must say "I TINK everyone has the right to my opinion" and I wanted the Tink chocolate statue painted so you could see the colors. Everything else I left up to the person that made it. It came with a milk chocolate castle that was a 6 piece puzzle. It was everything I wanted. the cake was delicious. I only had a few bites and dd had a piece. The rest we gave away to other diners.

I called 407-827-2253 followed the prompts. For Contemporary I believe it was 7 then 1. Spoke with Sally. She was great. Wrote it down perfectly. Made sure it was exactly what I wanted.

DRandDisney-Sept09050.jpg

Here are some pics of the mad hatter cake we had at Chef Mickey's for my son's 20th birthday. The only request I made was that it incorporated music, guitar and soccer which are the things my son love. He LOVED it!!! We had this 9/26/09 and the cost was $135. It was worth every penny!

zachcake1.jpg

zachcake2.jpg

zachcake3.jpg

zachcake4.jpg

zachcake5.jpg

Here's a few pictures of the monorail themed cake I ordered for DH at the Contemporary last month. It was a ten inch (it was the only size private dining would customize) with marble cake and buttercream. I did ask for the layer of fondant as I thought it would give it a smoother look. All the people I dealt with were very nice and really willing to help. I also gave them free reign and just asked that it be monorailed themed.

The cake was $70.00, and since it was delivered to our room at the Contempory, a delivery fee and gratuity were added. Total was 90.35

IMG_4983.jpg

IMG_4984.jpg

IMG_4986.jpg

IMG_4988.jpg

Cake was tasty - just a whole lot for two people for just a couple of days! :rotfl:

I've got other cakes that I need to get uploaded from the GF.

We are at WDW now! My dd's 9th birthday was Tuesday and it was magical. We got our cake at Chef Mickey's and I have to say first that CHEF BRIAN ROCKS!!! The cake was everything and more that I hoped it would be.

I also want to say that yes, it is just a cake, BUT, my dd had some problems on her bday with all the attention and actually wanted to take her bday button OFF b/c it was too much for her. She's very shy and does not like to be the center of attention. The cake really MADE her bday b/c we asked that they not sing and just bring it out and it was so special and magical without everyone focusing on her (you couldn't with this gorgeous cake! LOL)

Here are the details:
Chef Mickey's at Contemporary. Called the cake hotline, followed the prompts for Contemporary, talked with Sally to order. We ordered a 10 inch marble cake with bavarian creme filling, chocolate gnache icing, and a Halloween theme, it's my dd's favorite holiday and so close to her bday too! The cake was 110$ and worth every penny.

We did have some issues with waiting for the cake to come out and waiting for them to find a box BIG enough for it! :laughing: but that had to do with CM service, not the cake itself.
Here are the pics!!!
WDW09827.jpg

WDW09843.jpg

WDW09836.jpg

WDW09831.jpg

WDW09885.jpg

As promised, here is my sister's bday cake from the GF! It was around $100 plus tip and was so worth it. We asked Pat for a Haunted Mansion theme. The cake was 8 inches, chocolate with a chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries. It was so good, we ate the whole thing over 7 days! The pictures really do not do it justice!

The first look:
disneyworldoct09138.jpg

disneyworldoct09140.jpg

disneyworldoct09141.jpg

disneyworldoct09142.jpg

disneyworldoct09143.jpg

disneyworldoct09144.jpg

disneyworldoct09145.jpg

k bear with me i havent loaded pics up here in months!

cake was at 1900 park fare for our tenth wedding anny dinner. it was chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream frosting. super yummy- and very rich! i solved my tummy ache by going on test track three times that nite.
it was 77 i believe including taxes. it was a 6inch custom cake.

100_2138.jpg

100_2139.jpg

100_2140.jpg

100_2141.jpg

100_2142.jpg

notice the hidden mickey! i didn't!

100_2143.jpg

dh with his somewhat of a surprise camo cake.

100_2144.jpg

him trying to neatly take it apart to cut

100_2147.jpg

and the yummy cake!
100_2149.jpg

Custom cake ordered from Yacht & Beach Club Private Dining - I ordered enough for about 40 people because we were having a DISmeet. The small round was vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream filling and the large round was chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream. I did not want fondant so they used blue tinted frosting ... it tasted great and stained everyone's fingers and tongues! The bakery staff even painted the chocolate Goofy statue that I requested for a cake topper.

We had this delivered to the Beach Club Solarium about 9:30PM on a Saturday evening ... and I did not do any follow up calling, other than to call my "contact person" in private dining a few days in advance to let her know that we were on property if she needed to reach us. Everything was perfect - I loved the final result and the cake tasted great. :thumbsup2

209.jpg

217.jpg

211.jpg

205.jpg

244.jpg

I just ordered our cake for our 1 year anniversary on January 5th. We were married at Disney and will be having our dinner at the same place we had our little reception. We did not have a cake at disney but did have one at our at home reception. I called and was able to get the 6 inch vanilla with white frosting. I requested to have it made as a replica of the top tier of our wedding cake.

We are not having the calla lilies on it this time but I did ask them to put all 3 designs on the cake. We had Mickey heads, hearts and swirls. They will also be putting the marine blue ribbon around the bottom. I asked if they could put our cake topper on it but are unable to have outside items due to food regulations. So instead I ordered a white chocolate castle on top. They quited me $65 for the cake. DH doesnt know so I am hoping to surprise him. I wanted it custom but couldnt imagine having to buy a 10 in cake and having cake ALL week...blek dont get me wrong I love cake...but I just know that I would force both of us to eat it all...lol

lurkyloo said it exactly right. Seems like Disney is making their cakes for looks only....not spending enought attention to taste. I've decided against ordering a cake for our trip in December, but if i had and it did not taste good, you can be sure i wouldn't have paid for it! I'll send my steak back if it's not cooked right, and i'll send my cake back if it isn't cooked right.

If Disney can not get the cake baking process down correctly, they should stop selling them. :confused3 If you can't do it right, and don't want to fix it.....then don't do it.

Agreed. I'd tell them I wasn't paying for it. I have a cake order in for this coming Sunday:cool1:. I'm sure it'll be very pretty, like I asked, but not so sure it'll be a good cake. That said, however, our 25th anniversary cake at Yachtsman was DELICIOUS! Flavorful, moist and really really good.

ry%3D400

This cake was a 10 inch cake, the one I'm ordering for Sunday will be a 6 inch (there's only going to be 5 of us). And I'm having it delivered to our room at AKV, and made by the chef there, so we'll see. I'm not getting in a twist over it, I'm sure chances are that it'll be just what I hope for, and if not, I'll deal with it if and when it happens!!:rotfl::rotfl:

I ordered a cake to be delivered to our room at the CR on October 25th.

I ordered a 10 inch white cake with chocolate mousse filling and chocolate buttercream icing (no fondant) with a white chocolate monorail on top for decoration. It was delivered to the room. The base price was $45 for the cake & $40 for the monorail - with the $3 delivery charge and the 18% auto gratuity the total for the cake came to $109 (charged to the room).
The cake was moist and delicious (not quite as good as mine but as a former baker, few are ;)). The decoration was well done and certainly lived up to my expectations.

We had bell services store the cake for us in the fridge overnight after we had cut into it since it would not fit in our fridge. We had asked the concierge if there was anywhere to store it and they suggested this since Bell Services has a large fridge (where they store groceries, etc to be delivered to the rooms).

MostlyWDWOct09165.jpg

MostlyWDWOct09170.jpg

MostlyWDWOct09169.jpg

MostlyWDWOct09168.jpg

MostlyWDWOct09167.jpg

MostlyWDWOct09166.jpg

Sorry, I didn't get any pictures of the cake after it was cut. It was multiple layers of white cake and dark chocolate mousse (the mouse was a darker colour than the buttercream icing).

DSC_0477.jpg

This is the one I am looking to get-- per the Cake gallery thread page 8 post 120- this was ordered at CM in Sept. and I see now that Brian had to approve it.

I know that some have posted that they have had the Mickey head cake @ Chef Mickeys and that it was "like the ones at GF" as in the piping of the face... has anyone had one recently?

I was told yesterday that it would have a white choc disc as the face, would be a solid cake with no filling and no icing... I was beyond confused by this person.

I am not sure if it is a matter of "terms" or what because she also told me that the ears were not ganache they were like a fudge?

Why let the folks answer the phone if they dont have a clue what they are talking about? Why can folks not say "I am sorry, I dont know... let me ask."

Anywho- would love to hear about recent Mickey heads @ the CR. Thanks!

Cruise08018.jpg

This is what we had last November. This is the standard Mickey head cake at CM. It was $48.00 and was chocolate. You are right in saying we did not have a choice of filling. We either got a vanilla with vanilla icing cake or a choc/choc cake. It was REALLY good though!

11/11/09 - Chef Mickey's for dinner
$47.00 8 inch round with edible image
Vanilla cake with buttercream icing

For $47.00, the excitement of my son was completely worth it. The cake was extremely cold, not like it had been in the frig cold, but like it was on the downside of dethaw cold. My son absolutely loved it and I would do it again, but my buttercream icing is better. Mine is homemade, though and since they are doing so many cakes, they may not make fresh batches each day or may buy tubs from someone else.

I wish I had taken a picture with my flash on so that you could see Pluto better, but all in all, it was great! So happy that Brian made it for us.

Mary
Cakecopy.jpg

I posted this in the Anniversary cake thread in 2007 but will do so here so you can see this beautiful cake! I wish it tasted as good as it looked but alas I digress...

Date: September 2007
Where: a late Supercalifragalistic Breakfast at the GF Cafe ( it was actually 1900 Park Fare, but at that time was moved to the GF cafe temporarily while they did some rehab to the actual 1900 Park Fare restaurant space).
What: Yellow cake with vanilla "buttercream" (really more like shortening and a dash of sugar), and chocolate ganache swirl on top.
Cost: $85.00

Everything was edible except the pearls.

1367904368_f5d026a84c_b.jpg

1367074539_07c89d65e0_b.jpg

More can be seen at my OP:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=20774210&postcount=2092

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter