The Official Cake Thread - Photo Gallery & Cake Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a cake that we ordered at the podium at Tutto Italia. The frosting is a little messed up on it. We thought it tasted really good. They added the chocolate wafers to decorate it a little more.

Cost $21.00 plus tax

DSC00234.JPG

Here are the pictures of my Ariel Cake with purple icing and sprinkles...the CR Bakery did an absolutely FABULOUS job :cheer2: There was soooooo much detail and it tasted great. My daughter was absolutely thrilled to show off her cake to Ariel. MANY MANY MANY THANKS to Brian and his team for making my daughter's Birthday so magical princess:

048-1.jpg

The Cake
131.jpg

The topper - white chocolate Ariel - edible icing image
128.jpg

Starfish Details
129.jpg

Seahorse Details
130.jpg

Ariel Details
132.jpg

Flower Details
133.jpg

Closer Starfish Details

Here's the cake we ordered from the GF bakery for delivery at Citrico's. We had it presented at the begining of the meal to use as a centerpiece. Some of those chocolate shavings disappeared before dessert time!

8 Inch chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse filling
chocolate ganache frosting
custom decoration
$64 (plus tip...we had the TIW card and got 20% discount on this)

We had 8 people in our party (two had to cancel, but we took them their pieces). Since Citrico's desserts all cost $8, this cake was the same as everyone ordering dessert! :thumbsup2

I thiink my friends photos turned out better, so I'll post her's when she returns.

In the first photo, the gold you see in the background is the champagne glasses.

And.....the aftermath:

We couldn't have been more pleased with the cake we received, it was awesome!

We did use TIW, and I think the discount and gratuity was applied to the cake also.

Sept 14th 2009
1900 Park Fare
6in white cake butter cream frosting
Malificent Themed
Cost $50 added to food bill

Disney2009Halloween108.jpg

Disney2009Halloween109.jpg

Tower of Terror Bellhop Hat cake!

8" vanilla cake w/chocolate buttercream icing, delivered to Cali Grill - $65.

Many thanks to Brian!

3949216700_efbe152c25.jpg

3949217024_5af1c3f227.jpg

3949217396_b917862b54.jpg

We just returned from WDW and I thought I'd post a quick photo and review of the birthday cake my dh ordered for me from the GF.

eeyorecake.jpg

I'd wanted an Eeyore cake, but dh was told that because Disney doesn't own the rights to the Pooh characters, it wasn't possible. So he asked them to make a cake with an empty spot on top and then brought a figurine we bought on our first family trip 11 years ago.

The cake was $90 plus tax and tip. It was marble batter with buttercream frosting. Although the cake itself was adorable, it was definitely the WORST cake we've ever tried to eat! It was spongy and almost tasteless. We had family over to our villa for dinner and cake, and none of us could stomach more than a couple of bites. It was SO disappointing, especially for the price.

We are back from our trip and I finally have time to share pics of the wonderful cake that cakemanbri did for us :)

Purchased at CM's
9/6/09
8 inch chocolate with buttercream icing and (chocolate filling??)asked for vanilla but that's OK :) covered in fondant
Disney's Dinosaur carnatoraus (bad guy) as main character with Jungle Theme
$100

It tasted delicious. We had 8 people there and we only touched about 1/2 of the cake and took the rest back to our room and put in the fridge.

The kiddos went crazy for the "rocks". They were decorated jellybeans :) Everything except the palm trees and the wires that held the flowers in place could be eaten.

Front of cake
frontcake1.jpg

Birthday Boy and his cake
samuelandcake.jpg

Birthday Boy with Mickey and his cake
samuelmickeycake.jpg

Side View of Cake
sideofcake1.jpg

sideofcake.jpg

Back view of cake
backcake.jpg

Cutting the cake
cuttingcake.jpg

inside.jpg

slice.jpg

Price $53
Date Received September 21, 2009
Location Chef Mickey's
Cake info - Flavors, special requests, etc White Cake Butter Cream
Anything else special about that particular cake

DS asked for a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Cake. The hotline said they could do an edible image or the Mickey Head Cake. I didn't really want an edible image but my son specifically asked for a Clubhouse Cake so I went with that.

It was delicious!!! They also asked if I wanted a castle card for the table for an extra $6. I said sure why not!

DS was thrilled but I hoped for an actual image of the clubhouse not the mousekadoer but oh well!

WDW085.jpg

WDW090.jpg

WDW093.jpg

WDW062.jpg

GF 1900 Park Fare
$92
8" Chocolate Fondant, vanilla cake, chocolate buttercream icing.

This is the cake we ordered for our son's birthday. We spoke with Pat and gave her a $100 budget and just asked for it to be Pirate themed. The entire cake was edible, we absolutely loved it!!

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

img_24912.jpg

img_24902.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

I wanted to share the surprise cake that I ordered from the GF Bakery for our 9th anniversary Wishes Cruise from the GF on 9/17. It was a white almond cake with amaretto buttercream filling and frosting and then covered in white fondant. The cake was DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cake was delivered to the boat. It was super hot and muggy that night so it started to melt very quickly. Sorry about the picture quality but the boat was moving and the cake was melting fast!

The cake was $150 plus the gratuity, delivery, etc. I think it came to around $195 in the end.

We didn't come close to finishing the cake before we left. There were 7 of us on the cruise and we had the cake for 5 days after that.

DisneySept09Vol4031.jpg

DisneySept09Vol4047.jpg

We celebrated DS Birthday during our trip Sept.9th-18th. Maddox had 2 cakes...one at Chef Mickey's and one at 1900 Park Fare. I called the Contemporary 2 months in adavance and asked them if they could make the hand-piped Mickey Head cake like the one that they make at the Grand Floridian and they said it would be no problem! I spoke to a super nice lady named Eadie who spoke to Brian the chef. It turned out wonderful!! It was so cute and tasted great!! The cost was 48.00

The Buzz Lightyear cake was wonderful too but wayyyy too big for just 3 people. It was a 10 inch cake and was huge! It was so good; it was white cake on the inside, frosted in buttercream with fondant accents; cost was 109.00

DSC_0471.jpg

DSC_0477.jpg

DSC_1014.jpg

DSC_1019.jpg

DSC_1020.jpg

I debated on whether or not to post this because I know that at least one of the cake decorators at the Contemporary is a DIS'er and I don't want to hurt any one's feelings, but...

We had a not so good experience with our 10th Anniversary cake at the Contemporary resort on 9/11/09. I had exchanged a few emails with the cake person at the Contemporary as well as spoke with someone directly on the Cake Hotline there. I was of the understanding that I was getting a 6" cake with the white chocolate castle with some blue/violet hydrangea and white roses on top. I asked for a chocolate cake with a raspberry mousse filling.

When the cake arrived at our table I was very disappointed. It had no chocolate castle on it, but a gold stamp of a generic castle on the side of the cake. The stamp wasn't even of one of the Disney castles! The icing and detail work was sloppy and the flowers were nothing like had been described. Although the cake was pretty, it was still dissapointing to receive something that was nothing like I had ordered.

Also, it was an 8" instead of 6", which cost me more. The chocolate cake tasted like cardboard and the filling was a custard not a mousse. I wasn't going to say anything, but i think our server sensed our dissapointment because the manager appeared at our table and asked if the cake was to our liking. I explained the issues to him and he was very nice and considerate, but said that it was out of his hands because "none of the custom cakes are made on site here at the Contemporary. They are all made at the Grand Floridian and then sent over." :scared1: WHAT! That is one question I specifically asked, if the cake was made on site at the California Grill and I was told yes. I asked when the cake had arrived and he said Wednesday morning. WHAT! (again) That means my cake was frozen for two days before being thawed out on Friday morning to be served Fri. evening. Dissapointing to say the least.
I will post a picture soon.
Here are my pics:
cake7.jpg

cake8.jpg

cake5.jpg

cake6.jpg

Here are thr photos of our cake

1900 Park Fare
Yellow cake with buttercream
Fondant Icing
8" Cake

068.jpg

073.jpg

069.jpg
[/IMG]

070.jpg
[/IMG]

072.jpg
[/IMG]

This is the cake I got for my daughters 16th Birthday Party @ 1900 Park Fare on Wednesday. It was vanilla with buttercream icing and fondant. The inside had custard and no strawberries. I ordered strawberries, but it was good anyway. She loved it, so I was happy.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My DH and I renewed our Wedding Vows in Stowe Vermont this weekend here is a pic of our cake. American and English Flag Mickey.
VowRenewalStoweVermont2009077.jpg

G F Cafe on October 2nd
6" vanilla cake, white chocolate mousse filling, buttercream icing
$51 plus tax & tip

You can add me to the group of "cake was not exactly what I ordered, but still happy with it!" :thumbsup2

I actually ordered chocolate ganache icing because I didn't want fondant or plain white buttercream, but if I'd known they could tint the icing blue, I would've ordered the buttercream anyway.

The other glitch is that I asked when I checked in for them to bring it to the table at the beginning of the meal, but he didn't bring it until dessert. :sad2:

I basically gave Pat some information about my DD and let them create whatever they wanted. The cake was to celebrate her graduation from high school and upcoming move to Orlando for college. I asked for it to say "May all your dreams come true". I also said that her favorite character is Belle, she loves to read & travel, her favorite color is blue, and her favorite flower is peach-colored roses.

As you can see, it had Belle on top, was blue, and had roses (not peach though) - nothing about reading or travel, but that's okay. She loved that it had one red rose for Belle. I also loved the decorations on the sides - it almost looked like little castles.

The taste was delicious - very moist, fresh and creamy.

Best of all, DD was totally surprised and THRILLED! :goodvibes

img_0038.jpg

img_0034.jpg

img_0043.jpg

Here's the cake I ordered

Came from the Boardwalk Bakery
Delivered to the Saratoga Springs Resort
Cost $80

10inch Chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries. Burgundy and silver fondant.

It was amazing! Moist and rich flavour and the raspberries, just perfect :cloud9:

7433_131896006575_539081575_3017909_7859620_n.jpg

7433_154343206575_539081575_3236755_1234407_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!