The Official Cake Thread - Photo Gallery & Cake Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pictures of my birthday cake

Price: $45
Date Received: June 27th 2009
Cake info: Chocolate cake with chocolate filling with white buttercream icing.

WDWJune2009110.jpg

WDWJune2009111.jpg

WDWJune2009113.jpg

The cake was tasty and moist. It was very cold though - I assume their fridges are set very close to 0 degrees. The next morning, the cake and icing was much softer. The large strawberries were a nice surprise - very ripe and juicy.

I know these aren't really custom cakes but I thought I would share. I wasn't charged extra for the "Happy Birthday" writing or cake holders just $3.99 for each. :goodvibes They were yummy!

IMG_3254.JPG

IMG_3351.JPG

Delivered to our room at the VWL last week.

Cost: $45 + delivery fee + 18% automatic gratuity + taxes = $60 (well, $59 and some change)
Cake: 10" Chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse filling and chocolate ganache
Review: Very moist, very yummy! MORE than enough for 3 people. We had this for dessert for 4 days and even had left overs to bring back home.

3714695104_1b6f460c5e.jpg

3713895473_8932001807.jpg

This was our experience as well. The CM from the cake hotline read the description to me and it said white chocolate but we got dark. My impression too is that it's random--you get whichever version they're serving that day.

That's good to know - thank you for posting!

fwiw we've ordered it for dd for our Grand Floridian Teas, and once at the 1900 - we've always gotten the white chocolate slipper with the chocolate mousse -

WeddingPictures-somedisney023.jpg

and it has always been my understanding in the past that the dark chocolate slipper was served on a "bed" of cake with fruit surrounding it at CRT - (dd doesnt like CRT - go figure! so I dont have any pics of that!)

The previous post is how the slipper is served at GF. Below photos are how it is served at CRT.

Here's the Dark Chocolate Slipper from CRT which cannot be ordered/specified...it would be random:
12600dark_choc_slipper.jpg

Here's the White Chocolate Slipper from CRT:
12600SlipperdessertatCRT.jpg

I had my birthday dinner at 1900 Park Fare last night, and the cake was delicious!

cake2.jpg

cake3.jpg

Price: $62, 32 for the cake and 30 for the decorations

Date Received: July 16, 2009

Cake info - My order form says "8 inch vanilla cake filled with custard and fresh strawberries, pink buttercream icing, Minnie Mouse themed."

Anything else special about that particular cake: I was very pleased with the result--on the phone, they kept telling me that flowers and white chocolate standees would be extra, but they were included in the decorations fee. 6 people ate it last night, and we still have half! This could easily feed 10. Also, I was told that 8 inch cakes cannot be custom decorated, but the lady that actually took my order offered it, so I accepted!

Custom cakes are so worth it, even if they are a bit expensive. It was way better than any cake I've had before, and Cinderella bringing the cake and singing Happy Birthday was just pixiedust:

Date: 7/19/2009
Price: $62
Description: 8" chocolate cake with mocha mousse filling and chocolate ganache. For decoration, I requested something coffee themed, because my mother loves coffee, and to incorporate something to do with Rome or Italy, because my mother took herself to Rome for a special 50th birthday vacation. This cake was so beautiful and exceeded my expectations! It was also very delicious--there were four of us, and we finished half of the cake the first night (it was just that good!). The "postcards" on top were white chocolate, and there was mocha mousse and whipped cream inside the chocolate cup.

6452_129138001410_509141410_3697565_2607709_n.jpg

6452_129139156410_509141410_3697574_6741635_n.jpg

6452_129139171410_509141410_3697575_8198846_n.jpg

6452_129139186410_509141410_3697576_7422369_n.jpg

6452_129139216410_509141410_3697578_6685188_n.jpg

I booked a cake to surprise my husband for our Siver Wedding anniversary. I booked a meal at Coral Reef and we had menus with wedding photos and pics of the kids on, a diver with a message and a wonderful cake - my husband was absolutely bowled over by it all, he just couldn't believe his eyes! Anyway I booked the cake directly with the restaurant.
098.jpg

Here are some pictures of the Halloween themed cake that I ordered through the Beach Club last year. I specifically asked for the orange/black marble fondant and edible decorations on the top. The cake was AWESOME!!!!! I think that the cost was around $85.

WDWOctoberTrip20081064.jpg

WDWOctoberTrip20081065.jpg

WDWOctoberTrip20081052.jpg

WDWOctoberTrip20081056.jpg

WDWOctoberTrip20081049.jpg

WDWOctoberTrip20081054.jpg

Does anyknow if they can deliver the small mickey cake? I was thinking of having one on our first night? Doesy anyone know if it can be made into a minnie one?
Lexi

The Boardwalk Bakery sells miniature pre-made Mickey head cakes for about $4 ... I've never seen Minnie Mouse. I'd suggest giving them a call to find out.

Here's the Mickey cake we purchased in 2007 ... the inside was white cake with candy confetti baked into it. It was tasty ... big enough for my husband and me to split.

159.jpg

My DD had her 18th birthday at Citricos last night (7/29). We ordered this cake from Pat at the GF bakery. It is a 10 inch round cake, marble cake, chocolate mousse filling. I requested a whimsical, Mad Hatter type of theme (we couldn't actually afford the Mad Hatter cake at $140 and up). This cake was $90.

P7290102.JPG

P7290103.JPG

P7290104.JPG

P7290105.JPG

Wish I could make these bigger. If you want to see them better, go over to the DIS Photo Member Galleries and do a search on "Christine".

c3.jpg

Can anyone tell me the price of this cake?

I originally wanted to recreate our top layer of our disney wedding cake but they want $140 for it and there is just two of us which is alot of cake!

Thought this was smaller and looked good

Several years ago I ordered this special dessert at Boma for my father's birthday through AKL in room dining (we were staying at OKW). Any idea if they still have things like this - for us, this works better than cake.

Oops -- I see I can't post photos yet.

It was a fence made of pretzel sticks with two chocolate giraffes peeking over the top and it also had a chocolate Animal Kingdom Lodge sign. We added a dozen zebra strawberries and they wrote "Happy Birthday Dad" on the platter.

If anyone knows what I am talking about, I'd appreciate info.

Thanks!

I know exactly what you are talking about and when we were there last May I asked about that exact goody. I was told that they don't do that anymore. I could order a cake, cookies, strawberries, etc. I opted for a treat that had cookies, brownies and a chocolate elephant and sign. I was around $50-something and delivered to the room.

Here is a picture -
Disney12May045.jpg

We got these at CRT on August 3rd. Mom & my cousin were very surprised. They said they were tasty. I tasted the chocolate mousse myself and it was yummy. Had no trouble ordering these at 2 weeks out but also called 1 week out to confirm. It said "chocolate slipper dessert" on the receipt that was placed on the table but they never looked at it. I also had to remind her at the end because she forgot. No biggie. I believe the total was $31 for both. :goodvibes

100_4248.jpg

100_4249.jpg

I ordered a custom cake for $65 for our anniversary dinner at the California Grill this past Thursday.

Brian from the California Grill made it to these specs: Haunted Mansion, chocolate and raspberry, and small. We chatted by e-mail and phone a bit, but I really left it up to him- and I still can't believe the results!

I got it as a surprise for my husband and was amazed when the hostess brought it out. Our server said she couldn't bring herself to cut it.

It was soooooo much more than I expected! He wrapped it in the Mansion wallpaper, made tiny skulls, bats and coffins with skeletons, added the drapes like the hostesses outfits and then topped it off with a "gold" chocolate frame with Constance and one of her late husbands surrounded by black and blood red roses! AND- it tasted as good as it looked! The chocolate cake was spongy and not too sweet while the raspberry filling was incredibly fresh tasting.

We ended up sharing with some other couples around us, but we froze the top pieces and part of the front because we couldn't bear to destroy this beautiful work of art!

and now, PICS!

DSC01378.jpg

DSC01386.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

Please feel free to ask any questions on my experience or let me know if you want to see more photos!

Yes, that is the Brian who made our cake- he is wonderful! Sorry if you are suddenly overwhelmed with requests Brian! But you cake was awesome! :worship:

I am mailing photos to you in your thank you card as well!

And, lurkyloo, ask and ye shall receive!

DSC01387.jpg

DSC01385.jpg

DSC01393.jpg

DSC01390.jpg

And finally the happy couple with our amazing cake:

DSC01379.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter