*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

FP are booked!! Took longer than I thought as I kept getting Olaf on the page, and for about 10 minutes it told me I didn't have a reservation. :rolleyes:
I managed get FOP easily enough, but SDD was a problem. Nothing for 60 +3 or 4, so I had to change plans for another day. No big deal - only downside is telling DH about changing a dinner res he requested. :)

Haven't checked in on here in awhile and my FP day is tomorrow! I am hoping for SDD at 60+5, and FOP at 60+6. Looks like it should be OK? Gah! I always get so nervous right before FP day!:guilty:

Haven't checked in on here in awhile and my FP day is tomorrow! I am hoping for SDD at 60+5, and FOP at 60+6. Looks like it should be OK? Gah! I always get so nervous right before FP day!:guilty:

That far into your trip you should have no problems getting either of those.

Did my FP this morning. Got what we wanted. First trip with more than 2 people and some dont do rollercoasters so I had to do some split fastpasses but all in all it went well. I also think the fact that Dw and I are going this Thursday and have FPs for all the big guys this trip made making the August ones less stressful.

Oh and not sure any of you guys saw but they announced Galaxy’s Edge AP previews. No more info yet than it will be free, limited, and only for Platinum, Platinum plus, and Premier. Not gonna lie, very excited about the chance to do this. Not super huge star wars fans but if we can get a less busy visit before it opens we’re there.

My FP's are done. I got everything we wanted. SDD at 60+6 in the evening. We are not rope drop people. So we are trying the late evening strategy to hopefully do all 3 Toy Story rides if possible. FP's are great but for me they are the most stressful part of Disney planning.

We are there until the 19th, so maybe leaving too early for Galaxy's Edge. Plus, I am the only one in the family with an AP. DW probably wouldn't mind if I went to see it without her. DS would likely go on a murderous rampage lol.

We are there until the 19th, so maybe leaving too early for Galaxy's Edge. Plus, I am the only one in the family with an AP. DW probably wouldn't mind if I went to see it without her. DS would likely go on a murderous rampage lol.
I saw on another thread that the price of AP’s went up $200 overnight. :eek:
I guess in anticipation of getting a reservation for the preview of SWGE. Crazy.

Got everything I needed this morning!!! Went pretty smooth. The only one I oddly had an issue with was the Mine Train! I had to move that out to a later date than I planned on but it worked out fine. SDD and FOP were no problem and I got the times I wanted.

I've seen a few posts about Mine Train being a problem for people. Go figure!

We make fastpasses on Sunday. I'm debating on letting DH help me since it's a weekend. He doesn't use the Disney website or app much. He's not the best with this type of tech so I'm not sure if it's even worth having him try. I feel like it might add to the stress of getting them.

I hope some of you get the AP SGE previews. We don't have APs this year so we'll miss out. Still hoping for a soft opening before the 29th when we just happen to be in HS. No big deal if there wasn't. I really just want to walk through the land.

I was a little shocked at how much the APs increased. It makes me nervous for the next ticket price increase. Oh well. We don't know when we'll be back anyway. We're talking about doing a cruise next year instead of Disney and then in 2 years do a Disney/Universal trip. We haven't done Universal and I think my kids will be a good age in 2 years.

I guess in anticipation of getting a reservation for the preview of SWGE. Crazy.

I'm thrilled that we purchased ours before this increase. We had talked about buying 10 day tickets and upgrading once we got there but then we knew we wouldn't be able to make all of our FP's ahead if we did that... so we went for the AP flat out! Saved us from spending an extra $675 for the 3 passes!

I'm thrilled that we purchased ours before this increase. We had talked about buying 10 day tickets and upgrading once we got there but then we knew we wouldn't be able to make all of our FP's ahead if we did that... so we went for the AP flat out! Saved us from spending an extra $675 for the 3 passes!
Good call!

Yeah, I think it was 844 last year, and it is over 1100 now for the same pass. Last year the platinum pass was less than the cost of 2 10 day tickets, now it is more than the cost of 2 10 day tickets. Still a savings if you do at least two 10 day trips within a year, and take advantage of the free parking, food and merchandise discounts, and the Memory Maker, but not nearly as sweet a deal as it has been in the past.

So happy the I bought DD's and mine APs a couple of months ago for our upcoming trip in August. I wanted to make sure I had them for our FP+ date in early June. We sure lucked out. We are planning on visiting again during our spring breaks to see SGE and again next summer. We were there in April 2018 and missed out on TSL. We are there early August so not as confident that the previews will happen that early but hoping that they will and we will get lucky and get a reservation. If not, then it will still be there in the Spring.

FP tomorrow. I am hoping for Seven Dwarves in the morning on 60 + 2. Touring Plans shows no morning availability already, but that wasn't entirely accurate last time. Fingers crossed.

ETA: FP update - Can't get any Seven Dwarves on 60 + 2, which happens to be a party day. A little worried that the party day crowds will not be as light as last year. Got one for 60 + 0 at 6:45 pm. Later than we'd like, but at least I got one. Frozen was much easier this time compared with last time.

Last edited:
I bought APs a month ago and I'm so glad I did! I did go and buy my kids tickets (they don't have APs) yesterday morning in case they raise those prices shortly too. I needed them anyway for booking FPs next week.

FP tomorrow. I am hoping for Seven Dwarves in the morning on 60 + 2. Touring Plans shows no morning availability already, but that wasn't entirely accurate last time. Fingers crossed.

ETA: FP update - Can't get any Seven Dwarves on 60 + 2, which happens to be a party day. A little worried that the party day crowds will not be as light as last year. Got one for 60 + 0 at 6:45 pm. Later than we'd like, but at least I got one. Frozen was much easier this time compared with last time.

We had the same issue. Couldn't get it for our 60+1 on a party day, but could've gotten it on 60 if we wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter