*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

FP day for us. Our quick trip includes touring with friends at the end of their longer trip, so I thought I'd have it pretty easy booking for 60+8, +9, and +11.

Couldn't get SDD before 11am on +8 for a party of 8. Tried to break to two groups of 4 but couldn't do any better. We're just going to have to backtrack later in the day instead of doing SDD right after RDing the other TSL rides.

Staying off site for this trip at Hyatt place Lake Buena Vista because they let me bring my dogs.

Sweet, glad there are a few of us who are staying offsite, I hate to be the only one lol. Roll Call has been updated.

Good morning! So excited as now the trip is OFFICIAL. I had booked a couple of months back but had been waiting for some confirmation on life stuff. lol

Booked FPs on Tuesday but girls and I decided to add a ticket day. Rearranged all our park days and ADRs along with our FPs. I hadn't been able to get SDD anyway so no real loss. They want to try BMT this trip so that was an easy one. We also got 7DMT for both MK days.

Now my question:
This is a quick trip (17th-21st) and DDs are (11 & 8). We are finally out of the stroller stage and I’ve never packed more than a small backpack anyway.

I was planning on using a small backpack to carry personal fans, water bottle, ponchos, charger, sunglasses and snacks. Now I’m wondering if we should each carry one? Or at least the 11yr old and myself??

Do you kids carry bags (i.e. fanny, cinch, tiny backpack?)

Our trip got more expensive but so excited! I just booked the Cruella Halloween bash party for our MNSSHP 8/20. It's my birthday trip and I am going as Cruella! Now to finish my costume.

I was reading about this event yesterday and thought it sounded pretty cool. Have fun!

Good morning! So excited as now the trip is OFFICIAL. I had booked a couple of months back but had been waiting for some confirmation on life stuff. lol

Booked FPs on Tuesday but girls and I decided to add a ticket day. Rearranged all our park days and ADRs along with our FPs. I hadn't been able to get SDD anyway so no real loss. They want to try BMT this trip so that was an easy one. We also got 7DMT for both MK days.

Now my question:
This is a quick trip (17th-21st) and DDs are (11 & 8). We are finally out of the stroller stage and I’ve never packed more than a small backpack anyway.

I was planning on using a small backpack to carry personal fans, water bottle, ponchos, charger, sunglasses and snacks. Now I’m wondering if we should each carry one? Or at least the 11yr old and myself??

We just pack one sling backpack. I usually carry it but my son will carry it for periods of time (he's 9 this trip) and my husband will carry it too. I'm just used to carrying it and I handle the heat better than them. I thought about getting the kids the cinch bags but it just seems like more hassle like all of us would have to go through the bag check. Right now I walk ahead and go through bag check while the kids and dh go through the non-bag security so it's quicker. I'd also feel like I'd have to worry about them leaving their bags. My kids are 6 & 9 so maybe in a few years it will be different. For this trip we'll just continue with the one bag and taking turns carrying it.

I have been trying to pack lighter for the day bag but it's really the waters that make it heavy. I'm considering getting the Brita refillable water bottles instead of bringing bottled water.

I was reading about this event yesterday and thought it sounded pretty cool. Have fun!

We just pack one sling backpack. I usually carry it but my son will carry it for periods of time (he's 9 this trip) and my husband will carry it too. I'm just used to carrying it and I handle the heat better than them. I thought about getting the kids the cinch bags but it just seems like more hassle like all of us would have to go through the bag check. Right now I walk ahead and go through bag check while the kids and dh go through the non-bag security so it's quicker. I'd also feel like I'd have to worry about them leaving their bags. My kids are 6 & 9 so maybe in a few years it will be different. For this trip we'll just continue with the one bag and taking turns carrying it.

I have been trying to pack lighter for the day bag but it's really the waters that make it heavy. I'm considering getting the Brita refillable water bottles instead of bringing bottled water.

I didn't even think about the bag check but did think about having to worry about them leaving it behind.

I found a cute Little Mermaid small daypack at Target this week so I will be using that one. I have the Brita and can just attach a hook so I can attach it to the bag. If I get too hot, the 11yr old can carry it.

Thanks!

Now my question:

My kids are about the same age and we will be there at the exact same time as you. :) we are all bringing our own small bag. My oldest two (14 and 13) will carry either a crossbody, mini backpack (loungefly) or Fanny pack. I am carrying my henri bendel mini jetsetter. My youngest (9) will carry a small mini backpack from justice. We are also going to universal studios so the goal is for us to be able to use one free locker only.

My kids are about the same age and we will be there at the exact same time as you. :) we are all bringing our own small bag. My oldest two (14 and 13) will carry either a crossbody, mini backpack (loungefly) or Fanny pack. I am carrying my henri bendel mini jetsetter. My youngest (9) will carry a small mini backpack from justice. We are also going to universal studios so the goal is for us to be able to use one free locker only.

Where are you staying? I think the 11yr old and I can share duties carrying the small backpack. Even when they were babies I rarely carried a big bag. Prekids, I also just carried a small bag.

Now my question:

My daughter was 11 last trip and she carried a cross body bag. She had her fan, poncho, charger, lip balm, sunscreen and phone. Maybe some tissues and other little things. I had a small crossbag and my hubby carried a backpack. I thougth she'd give it up after a day, but she took it every day (can't go without a phone!).
I like a crossbody because I can keep it on for rides. She will be using the same bag this upcoming trip.

We did do bagless most evenings after we took an afternoon break. Which is so nice!

Where are you staying? I think the 11yr old and I can share duties carrying the small backpack. Even when they were babies I rarely carried a big bag. Prekids, I also just carried a small bag.

We are staying at Coronado Springs. I want each of the older kids to carry her own poncho, sunglasses, a small fan and flip flops. Whatever bag should fit a pair of vans if they decide to wear vans. If it rains, we don’t want to deal with soggy shoes. I may carry my 9 year olds poncho, 1 small fan I can share with her, my rain jacket, a water bottle, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, my wallet, and a few other small items. All of that should fit in my Henri Bendel Jetsetter. Because we are going to universal also, we can’t really use a big backpack do to the locker issue. Whatever bags we use have to work for both parks.

I'm so bummed about the price increase on the APs. I was wavering back and forth and was just about to go ahead and get one for myself, figuring that we'd come out about even on this trip. (There is a chance I'll be in Orlando for business later in the year but I won't know for certain until after our trip - so I'd get my use out of it if that happens). Now with the price increase, I don't think it's worth it, since we won't use the parking discount and we don't have a second trip scheduled. Problem is, now I want it!!:sad2:

Anyone know if you have to be in the car to get the parking discount? As in if the pass holder goes to the parks early via Disney bus, and DH follows with the car at a later time?

I'm so bummed about the price increase on the APs. I was wavering back and forth and was just about to go ahead and get one for myself, figuring that we'd come out about even on this trip. (There is a chance I'll be in Orlando for business later in the year but I won't know for certain until after our trip - so I'd get my use out of it if that happens). Now with the price increase, I don't think it's worth it, since we won't use the parking discount and we don't have a second trip scheduled. Problem is, now I want it!!:sad2:
Lots of people are currently buying their WDW AP vouchers from Sam’s Club at a lower cost then before the new price increase. It might be worth looking into if you really want the AP. I’m not sure how long that deal will last.

We carry one backpack for the 4 of us. 4 ponchos, sometimes an extra tee-shirt and two water bottles. We stop frequently and get water to refill them. I go through bag check. DH & the kids meet me at the entrance.

Can someone help with a Magic Band question...

If we ordered the solid color free one but also purchase a "fancy" one, can both be used during the same trip? Do you have to change something in the my Disney app to change to one or the other?

If we ordered the solid color free one but also purchase a "fancy" one, can both be used during the same trip? Do you have to change something in the my Disney app to change to one or the other?
Any of your bands will work. As long as they are showing in your MDE account.

I'm spotty *at best* when it comes to checking this thread, so apologies in advance if we've recently covered this here. Was just on a diff. thread and was curious to hear other opinions.

How are we feeling about park hours for the month at this point? On the August 2017 thread, by this point, we were still convinced they'd be extended by at least an hour and that unfortunately never happened. I didn't follow August 2018 so I'm unfamiliar with if the hours changed last year (and if they did, when.)

Do we think it's realistic that the week of 18-24 will extend those 9 PM MK closings to 10?

Lots of people are currently buying their WDW AP vouchers from Sam’s Club at a lower cost then before the new price increase. It might be worth looking into if you really want the AP. I’m not sure how long that deal will last.
Do you know if you buy the AP voucher, can you use it to renew your pass when you hit the 60 day mark?

Now my question:

The first trip or two, both of our kids (then 14 and 5) carried bags. The older child (our daughter) continued, and to this day will carry a small backpack when she is in the parks. Our son (the younger child) carries only what he can fit in his pockets now. I am the same way. The only thing I ever carry that doesn't fit in my pockets is my camera bag, which I don't bring every day, and my son and I share duties carrying that.

Anyone know if you have to be in the car to get the parking discount? As in if the pass holder goes to the parks early via Disney bus, and DH follows with the car at a later time?

The passholder must be in the vehicle in order to get the free parking.

Yes, you can use both Magic Bands during the same trip

I'm spotty *at best* when it comes to checking this thread, so apologies in advance if we've recently covered this here. Was just on a diff. thread and was curious to hear other opinions.

How are we feeling about park hours for the month at this point? On the August 2017 thread, by this point, we were still convinced they'd be extended by at least an hour and that unfortunately never happened. I didn't follow August 2018 so I'm unfamiliar with if the hours changed last year (and if they did, when.)

Do we think it's realistic that the week of 18-24 will extend those 9 PM MK closings to 10?

I am still optimistic that we will see 10PM closings in August. Expect any changes to park hours to happen in the beginning of July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter