The Official 2013 Fall Professional Internship Thread!

I just got my offer for GUEST RELATIONS!:lovestruc:banana::cloud9::woohoo::yay::goodvibes:cool1:

I am so excited. They called me this morning around 9:15 am. The start date is June 19th and she did not know how many GR interns they were taking but she did say she was making more calls today!

She also said she didn't have locations yet, but that they were coming soon! They just wanted to get all the offers out first!

Congrats girl!

I just got my offer for GUEST RELATIONS!:lovestruc:banana::cloud9::woohoo::yay::goodvibes:cool1:

I am so excited. They called me this morning around 9:15 am. The start date is June 19th and she did not know how many GR interns they were taking but she did say she was making more calls today!

She also said she didn't have locations yet, but that they were coming soon! They just wanted to get all the offers out first!

Congrats Kate!!!!

Hey all :) I'm new here to this thread, but I got an offer for the Digital Marketing Internship last Wednesday, so I am still in the clouds!

Let me know if you have any questions, as I am happy to help :)

First off, congrats! :cool1: Digital Marketing is one thing I'll definitely be applying for in the future. May I ask what kind of background you had in that field? And what type of questions did they ask for this particular internship?

First off, congrats! :cool1: Digital Marketing is one thing I'll definitely be applying for in the future. May I ask what kind of background you had in that field? And what type of questions did they ask for this particular internship?

Definitely! So I worked as a Marketing Assistant with the Student Unions on Campus for a year and a half basically coming up with campaign strategies in not only print, but also digital mediums. I then worked as a Google Analytics and Social Media Intern for Gopher Sports, my school's athletic department, which basically comprised of compiling web data and making it useful and then posting on different sorts of social media - Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, etc.

Some of the questions that they asked were what social media I used in my every day life, how comfortable I was with analytics, how I target audiences with social media and why that platform.

Honestly, just make social media your life and definitely learn the analytics behind it and know WHY certain analytics are useful/not useful to targeting your audience or gaining more engagement. I would recommend if you aren't in an internship now to DEFINITELY get one, even better if it was in some type of analytics/social media platform. Do freelance work for local businesses if you have to, just make sure to be comfortable with all aspects of social media, so not only content generation, but also the analytics behind your posts and how to to take those analytics and make them useful for future posts.

Hi! Today I was offered the Destination Sales Client Coordinator Professional Internship. It's one of the alumni only ones and I'm really struggling to find a job description. Anyone have one?

Hi! Today I was offered the Destination Sales Client Coordinator Professional Internship. It's one of the alumni only ones and I'm really struggling to find a job description. Anyone have one?

Congrats!!! I just copied and pasted this from the PDF I have:

Destination Sales -Client Services Coordinator Internship

RESPONSIBILITIES: Serve as a primary contact and business driver for the front line sales representatives in the local tourist market. Provide direct sales guidance to influence the sales of the Walt Disney World Resort Magic Your Way Ticket product through the local sales channels. Develop and maintain relationships with targeted Guest Service companies to facilitate and expand sales and training opportunities resulting in increased Magic Your Way Ticket sales. Monitor and report daily interactions between Guest Service representatives and Guests to ensure that proper nomenclature is being used when referencing the Walt Disney World Resort and Magic Your Way tickets. Maintain Point-of-Purchase displays at over 200 off-property Guest Service locations throughout Central Florida to increase Walt Disney World Resort Magic You Way ticket sales and utilization. Distribute marketing collateral (i.e., brochures and flyers) in a Walt Disney World theme vehicle which will increases visibility within Central Florida and helps maintain market share in an extremely competitive Guest Service industry. This role requires you to drive a company themed vehicle every day. REQUIRED

QUALIFICATIONS:
* Successful completion of the Disney College Program or a current Disney College Program participant
* Currently earning a college/university degree as a Junior or Senior
* Major in Communication, Marketing, Hospitality, Public Relations or related field
* Must be at least 21 years of age with an excellent driving record

DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Previous sales experience

Also... congrats to everyone who's gotten offers so far!! :)

I have a drop down for Guest Correspondence and had a second interview last week. Hate the waiting game, thank goodness next week is the deadline!

Hey all, I've accepted a PI in the Executive Communications office from June-January, and am desperately scrambling to find 1 or 2 roommates outside of Disney housing that are near my age. I'm an older student (31), hoping you are, too!

I'm a California girl. I love art, all kinds of music, traveling/exploring, movies. I'm laid back and love trying new things and experiences, and also a neat and organized person. I'm excited to see WDW, as being a West Coaster, I've actually never been.

Male or female, ages 25-35, preferably a fellow Disney employee to run around the parks with and/or unwind with a beer or glass of wine at the end of a long, hard day.

PLEASE, message me if this fits you!

A few weeks ago they pulled Disney Operations into my drop down menu but it now says No Longer in Consideration.

No other PI's have been pulled into my drop down but the Alumni Only drop down still says "in progress" I know they said we would hear by the 26th, if i have no other drop downs does that mean I am no longer being considered for ANY Alumni Only positions?

Thanks!

I can't concentrate on anything today. I got a background info form request last week and I'm hoping thats a good sign but i dont know! They also asked for my transcripts. When will I find out!?? I WANT THIS INTERNSHIP SO BAD!! I'm even dreaming about it at night haha

Anyone else hear from MI-Retail lately? I'm just getting nervous as my dashboard has not changed from interview stage and I had my second interview almost a month ago.

Today I have a second interview for guest correspondence. I'm nervous yet anxious I know the deadline is Friday so I'm hoping to make a great impression!!!

Today I have a second interview for guest correspondence. I'm nervous yet anxious I know the deadline is Friday so I'm hoping to make a great impression!!!

Congrats! Let us know how it goes! I've been seeing you post on facebook and wondering when you would hear something! Good luck!

I did! I wish I knew more about our role other than what was on the job description application

Me too! There is so little info about it out there. I know there was one girl here who did it a few years ago, but I went to send her a message and she hasn't logged in since 2011. I feel like the job could be anything from sitting in an office writing BEOs all day, to working on your feet all night at an event, and I just want to get myself prepared for what its going to look like.

Do you know if you'll be in parks or one of the resorts?

Congrats! Let us know how it goes! I've been seeing you post on facebook and wondering when you would hear something! Good luck!

Thanks Kate!! It went well. The interviewers were two men from the department and very nice it lasted about 20 mins and they said I should hear in about a week or two and hopefully I would be hearing from them so I guess I'll be still playing the waiting game after the deadline.

does it mean anything if you go all the way to the deadline in progress? I already have a different internship for this summer but if it means I might have a better chance next time then I'm happy haha. I didn't get any drop downs or anything though but I only applied for alumni only.

ahhhhhhh guys i got the DWSS email today for Guest Correspondence! I just interviewed Wednesday but I am so excited hope this leads to an offer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter