The Official 2013 Fall Professional Internship Thread!

Anyone know about how competitive the Alumni only PIs are?

Obviously not as competitive as the MIs, but just wondering. Today I set up my second interview for an Alumni PI. I always feel more confident when I feel like competition is manageable. Obviously it won't be minimal, but manageable adds confidence.

Probably more competitive than the MIs, actually.

I've made it to the post-interview stage. I was told that I'd hear back by the middle of next week. *Fingers crossed!*

I think I gave the best job interview of my life. It was a group call over speaker phone and I was able to answer everyone's questions and relate them back to my own personal experience as much as possible. I don't feel that I gave any bad answers at all.

Regardless of what happens, I'm proud to have made it this far. The interviewers told me how many applicants they had and how I was one of the very few to make it to a final round. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I don't think I'm going to get any sleep for a week.

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting to hear back!

I've made it to the post-interview stage. I was told that I'd hear back by the middle of next week. *Fingers crossed!*

I think I gave the best job interview of my life. It was a group call over speaker phone and I was able to answer everyone's questions and relate them back to my own personal experience as much as possible. I don't feel that I gave any bad answers at all.

Regardless of what happens, I'm proud to have made it this far. The interviewers told me how many applicants they had and how I was one of the very few to make it to a final round. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I don't think I'm going to get any sleep for a week.

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting to hear back!

Sounds great! What PI did you interview for?

Sounds great! What PI did you interview for?

Thank you. I've applied for a design internship and just received and submitted my "Application DWSS Pro Intern FL" background check form today. I hope that being asked for a criminal background check is a good sign that Disney is still interested in me. I have no criminal background so I'm not worried about passing it. I'm much more worried about not getting offered the position.

waltfreakingdisney said:
Thank you. I've applied for a design internship and just received and submitted my "Application DWSS Pro Intern FL" background check form today. I hope that being asked for a criminal background check is a good sign that Disney is still interested in me. I have no criminal background so I'm not worried about passing it. I'm much more worried about not getting offered the position.

Sounds like an offer is coming soon! That is such a competitive field so no matter what you should be extremely proud of yourself!

Which Design internship did you apply for? I had my second interview yesterday for disney institute graphic design and i think it went great! They sent me that application togill out like two weeks ago now im just waiting!!! Good lick to you :)

Which Design internship did you apply for? I had my second interview yesterday for disney institute graphic design and i think it went great! They sent me that application togill out like two weeks ago now im just waiting!!! Good lick to you :)

That is not the internship that I interviewed for, so you needn't worry about competing with me. Good luck to you!

Sounds like an offer is coming soon! That is such a competitive field so no matter what you should be extremely proud of yourself!

Not necessarily. As I understand it, we rank our however many top applicants in order. Then to save time they send the top two background checks. That way if the first person declines then the second person can be called right away. I know last year another girl got the background check I did but I was offered it first.

Not necessarily. As I understand it, we rank our however many top applicants in order. Then to save time they send the top two background checks. That way if the first person declines then the second person can be called right away. I know last year another girl got the background check I did but I was offered it first.

Then I feel sorry for whoever is second after me because I'm definitely accepting the position. ;-P

Cais said:

Yes that is how it works which is why I said no matter what they should be proud of themselves.

I don't know about anyone else here, but I am on complete pins and needles waiting to hear back. According to my Dashboard, I'm in the "post-interview" stage and I submitted my background check form on Friday. I haven't slept more than 3 or 4 hours a night since Thursday because I'm excited and nervous. It's honestly "worse" than feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa to arrive. :)

I don't know about anyone else here, but I am on complete pins and needles waiting to hear back. According to my Dashboard, I'm in the "post-interview" stage and I submitted my background check form on Friday. I haven't slept more than 3 or 4 hours a night since Thursday because I'm excited and nervous. It's honestly "worse" than feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa to arrive. :)

Good Luck!!! I hope you hear something soon!!!

I am also waiting anxiously to hear back about Alumni Only Positions. I heard a rumor that Guest Relations would start looking at resumes tomorrow (Monday) so hopefully there will be some movement/background check info going out this week!

I'm in the same boat! I had my 3rd interview for disney institute custom content dev. On Friday and got the dwss app email on Saturday. I've spent this whole weekend anxiously waiting without any clue what it means. Hopefully we receive some kind of news tomorrow or the stress continues!

I was accepted today for Management Internship: Lodging. I was also "Post Interview Stage" for a PI too. The PI would have been amazing also. I am so excited right now!!! :banana::banana:

Disney PI Hopeful said:
I was accepted today for Management Internship: Lodging. I was also "Post Interview Stage" for a PI too. The PI would have been amazing also. I am so excited right now!!! :banana::banana:

Congrats!!!

So as long as the position is still listed as "open" and you're still at least "in progress", you're still in the running, correct? I interviewed last week and haven't heard anything yet. I know it may still be a little soon to get panicky, I just want to make sure.

I was contacted by a Disney recruiter today and asked to setup a time to call and answer some follow up questions about my in-progress PI. They also requested a copy of my transcripts. I was informed that this phone call would not be another interview, so I'm curious what it is about. Anyone else experience a similar situation? Thanks.

I was contacted by a Disney recruiter today and asked to setup a time to call and answer some follow up questions about my in-progress PI. They also requested a copy of my transcripts. I was informed that this phone call would not be another interview, so I'm curious what it is about. Anyone else experience a similar situation? Thanks.

Usually when this happens you are about to receive an offer! Fingers crossed for you!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter