The New (Part 4) WL FAQ Thread...Just the Facts M'am!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never have gone to the WL before I am choosing it as our next spot to stay at Disney!

My husband is a smoker. I understand the rooms are on the 6th floor. Does anyone know if any of those room face either the MK Fireworks or the EWP? I can't think of anything more magical than to be sitting in our room watching the fireworks or EWP. If so, do you know any room numbers?

Thank you for this thread! I am so excited to visit the WL.

:wave:

I am unsure of Smoking rooms, but if you look at the link on my post on the first page, there are Balcony pics that can help you get an idea.

Trish Bessette,

Hi, :wave:
I believe that with a Woods View you might get a distant view of the Castle and some of the Wishes fireworks. With a Courtyard View you may have a view of Bay Lake that would let you see EWP from your balcony.

Have a Great Trip.
mickey-dust.gif

Smoking rooms are 6th floor, Building "B", North Wing. This would be Woodsview and inner Courtyard.

Thank you campinggal

We'll definitely consider getting a taxi. We aren't actually going there for breakfast but for the backstage safari tour and need to be there by 8:15 but of course we would have to use the same transportation as the breakfast folks. I know what you mean about it being crazy as they call people for breakfast. I got to watch that mess when we went on the safari in Aug and arrived at AK a half hour early (we had no clue how the buses would run).

Originally posted by Trish Bessette
Never have gone to the WL before I am choosing it as our next spot to stay at Disney!

My husband is a smoker. I understand the rooms are on the 6th floor. Does anyone know if any of those room face either the MK Fireworks or the EWP? I can't think of anything more magical than to be sitting in our room watching the fireworks or EWP. If so, do you know any room numbers?

Hi Trish,

While we were there in Dec. we had a smoking room on the 6th floor and it was facing the MK and we saw the fireworks at night.
And the Dec. of 2002, the smoking rooms were on the 5th floor and our room faced the villas. (but they have since moved smoking to the 6th flr.)
I will go home and check for you tonight what room number it was. It was considered a woods view...sorry, I forgot the room number off hand. I'll PM you tonight.

:wave2:

Thanks Queenie & Jay!

I look forward to hearing from you. If there are any other tip/advise you can give me about the WL I'd appreciate it. The pictures I see of the place look beautiful!

Thanks again:wave:

Hi WL Vets:wave:

Can somone tell me if it's possible to walk to the TTC from the WL. If you can it seems like a great way to get to Epcot. Thanks!!

Melissa

msteddom,

No, while it isn't that far there are no sidewalks...and a very busy road to cross. What we do is walk to bus stop and ride the inter-Resort bus that runs from Ft. Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge then TTC takes about two minutes then we ride the Monorail to EPCOT. This way can can get my Monorail fix that I miss.

I loved taking the boat from WL to the Contemporary, then catching the monorail to TTC. I did that alot!

Originally posted by Trish Bessette

-----------------------------------------------------

Room 6034 is a woods view room with 2 queen beds and close to the elevators that offers a castle and fireworks view! Oh yeah, it IS a smoking room!

Does anyone have a layout map of some sort of the WL that shows the different room numbers and where they are located?

I'd love to see where a room is located once someone recommends a particular room number.

Thank you!:wave:

Sixth floor is now smoking? Better go change my reservation, room 6060 WILL NOT be a good room for us now.

Wooo Hooo!

I just booked the WL for December 19-24!!! Now I have 10 months to obsess about all the details of our trip! How exciting!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

YEAH!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!

You will LOVE the Lodge...Especially at Xmas!

Dallas Lady If you have not seen the lodge at Christmas, you are in for a special treat. It is, in my humble opinion, the most beautifully decorated resort. When you are sitting with your hot cocoa, (coffee for me) in the lobby looking at the tree, or watching the fire in that enormous fireplace, listening to the music, you will want to stay forever. My family wants to wait now and go back again in December also since our April trip is looking like a no-go! Maybe we'll see you there!:wave2:

Okay , so.....we have a courtyard room booked for September.
Originally, I really wanted woods view..............but when I called to book last week, the CM said no woods view available.

Now, WDW website shows that there is woods view available. But I don't know what to do........

Some say woods view are darker and quieter.Are the courtyard views noisy even at night? And do the outside lights from the courtyard area spill into your room at night?

One more question:D
I booked one night room only, and the other 5 nights with a package.I had to make two deposits, with the room only needing to be paid in full.
If I called to change it to woods view, how would the difference be refunded to me?Would they just credit my CC back?

...love the new JBJ pic (BTW ~ where IS corky??!?!?); sending PD your way...

Okay, troops, my 2-in-c (second-in-command for all you 'lay people' [minds out of the gutters please!:teeth: ]...::yes:: )AC, has begun our 4th installment of our beloved WL FAQ thread. I'm liking VERY much what I have been reading (DisneyDmbNut, as usual, well done on your wether reports!). Hopefully, Fred'll be around to join us and get us started on a NEW AND IMPROVED WL MEMORIES BOX. Ratpack, although not all rooms on the 6th floor are smoking, you may just wanna steer clear of that floor altogether...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter