The **NEW** Grand Floridian FAQ!(MAY 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning catyanna. Oh how exciting for your mom. My mom was like that when she found out that we were staying at the GF. We did go out and buy new clothes too! LOL.

The offerings are the same in RPC and in SL. However, I have only stayed in SL. We, keep your fingers crossed, will be in RPC in 10 days. I'll report back and let you know.

Keep smiling!

Fingers Crossed! How long will you be there?
BTW, do you know if they still have the ladybug release on Thursdays?

KCmike those are great pictures of the water slide!!! I didn't realize it was so big. My DD (and probably DH will have a fantastic time with that)

It was great and very smooth. My kids had a great time with it (so did Dad!).

IMG_2225.jpg

nicoleakr - Welcome!:goodvibes Don't worry about asking questions, if you can't find it, ask away - that's why we're here.:)

KC Mike - nice shots of the slide, and the hammock.

catyana - How sweet about your mom, she's gonna love the GF!:cloud9:

The info you asked about is very old, yet still floating around the 'net.:headache: Once upon a long time ago, the offerings in SL were less than those at RPC - no wine or cordials in the evenings was one of the big differences. Now, as others have posted, both RPC and SL serve the same offerings. We stayed in RPC in May of last year, then SL in August.

If you read this on the Concierge thread - I've posted the correct info to the thread, sent a PM to the thread starter and asked the mods to correct the first page there. Nothing.:badpc: I think the thread starter has moved on, and is no longer editing, but I need to try the mods again.

ETA: the ladybug release ended several years ago, I'm sorry to say.

Fingers Crossed! How long will you be there?
BTW, do you know if they still have the ladybug release on Thursdays?

We will be there from July 18-25.

I don't think that the GF has the ladybug release anymore. I hope someone can answer that question for sure.

Hello all! :wave2: It's been far far too long since I've visited this thread (super busy at work) and I just wanted to say that those pics being posted by janeapplemeadow and kcmike are fantastic! I think that of all the resorts, the Grand Floridian has one of the most beautiful sunrise settings. I have one saved as my wallpaper from our March trip in fact.

I'm so glad to see everyone keeping this thread going and k&a&c's mom - love love love all the pics in the first page. :)

Just returned from a great short trip staying at the Wilderness Lodge and starting to think about planning our next big one. I'm dying for it to be at the Grand but I've got to run some numbers first.... Of course, it probably won't be until next spring, so I have time to save up!

Mommy Gina - I edited my earlier post, so you probably missed my ladybug response. I'm sure you are right, and the ladybug release was discontinued a while back.~sigh~

Figment1990 - welcome back, great to see you!:hug: How are you, weren't you having leg problems earlier this year? Hope you are all healed.

We love the WL, need to book it again soon. We eat at Whispering Canyon almost every trip.:goodvibes I much prefer to stay there when we have a car. I know most WL vets say they have good luck with the transportation, but since we visit the MK-area resorts so much, it seems to take us forever compared to the quick trip over in a car!:car:

Good morning catyanna. Oh how exciting for your mom. My mom was like that when she found out that we were staying at the GF. We did go out and buy new clothes too! LOL.

The offerings are the same in RPC and in SL. However, I have only stayed in SL. We, keep your fingers crossed, will be in RPC in 10 days. I'll report back and let you know.

Keep smiling!

Oh, MommyGina! you are going to L O V E the RPC!!!! :love:
Have a fabulous time! :goodvibes

IMG_0259.jpg

Now, another random shot after a thunder storm. Out on Seven Seas lagoon. Between the GF and the Poly.

Thanks for the photos, janeapplemeadow! I rarely get shots of the food, as there always seems to be someone nearby.

Love the sunset(rise?) photo!

As long as there is food in RPC, DS doesn't care what it is! Last year when we stayed in SL, he would ask if he could go get something to eat. Of course he could. He would come back up and tell me what he ate. Not 20 minutes later, he would ask if he could go and get a snack. He was still hungry!

Ah, the life of a teenager. He is eating us out of house and home and not gaining an ounce. Me, I am trying not to eat to much these past few weeks so that I can eat when it comes to Disney!

LuLu's Mom - thanks for the well wishes. I can't wait to go. My pile is getting bigger in our bedroom of what to pack. I just can't forget to bring the phone chargers for DS and DD phones. Their lanyards and trading pins are ready to go too.

As long as there is food in RPC, DS doesn't care what it is! Last year when we stayed in SL, he would ask if he could go get something to eat. Of course he could. He would come back up and tell me what he ate. Not 20 minutes later, he would ask if he could go and get a snack. He was still hungry!

Ah, the life of a teenager. He is eating us out of house and home and not gaining an ounce. Me, I am trying not to eat to much these past few weeks so that I can eat when it comes to Disney!

MommyGina,
I have to laugh, when my 2 nephews saw the food in the morning, they thought they had died and gone to heaven. They couldn't get over the fact, that when they were hungry, there always seemed to be something they could eat. It's 2 years later, and they still talk about the danish and lemonade!

For those of you who might not read the theme park board, there is a thread there about monorail service stopping 1 hour after regular park closing hours beginning July 11 for the Epcot monorail and August 1 for the MK. That means no monorail at the end of EMH, special events or late dining. Boat and bus service will still be available. I thought it would be a good idea to post this here so that no one is surprised.

A wrong click in the User CP wipes it all out! The color, and I think extra character limit, can only be done by our tag fairy. I wish I knew the trick from my moderator days here, but unfortunately I don't. :cool2:

Aww, what a shame. :sad1:

For those of you who might not read the theme park board, there is a thread there about monorail service stopping 1 hour after regular park closing hours beginning July 11 for the Epcot monorail and August 1 for the MK. That means no monorail at the end of EMH, special events or late dining. Boat and bus service will still be available. I thought it would be a good idea to post this here so that no one is surprised.

Thanks very much for that info. Is it a permanent change? After so many years of counting on the monorail for traveling to and from dinner, that will be a big change for us. Thanks again, asta.

More great photos, KCmike and janeapplemeadow. Thanks so much. :surfweb:

Hi johnsonet! :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest