The Many Adventures of...A Family With a New Baby! Jan - Dec 2016! New 11/7!

Nice update. The tea looked fun. Several years ago when tea rooms were really popular I took my daughter for her 5th birthday. She loved it. Now that my girls are teens I would love to do this with them again someday. Glad to hear you liked Skipper Canteen. We are headed there for dinner in a few weeks. We live in CA and go to DL at least once a year but because we are on the west coast we don't get to DW often. We have been 4 times but our last trip was in 10 so we are super excited yet nervous about going xmas week. I know that it is going to be nuts but my mom wanted to go. The more I keep telling her I think she is regretting it LOL. I only am nervous because there is SO much new since we were last there and I won't be able to really see or enjoy it because of the crowds. I did get a fp for 7 dwarves and Frozen so at least we will get to see the 2 new rides. I also was able to get lunch for BOG. Wanted dinner but just glad to get to see it at all. Looking forward to your next update!

That is CRAZY that they wanted you to take Maya out of the wrap at Dumbo!! I don't recall ever being asked to take Delilah out of the carrier on any attraction. I have seen some people report having to turn the babies facing outward, but I wasn't ever asked to do that either if she was in the carrier and facing in. I'm also dumbfounded about them not giving you the rider swap because the line was too short. If the whole point is you can come back and use it later, it doesn't matter what the wait time is now, only what the ride time is later, right?!?! So ridiculous!

Otherwise (and aside from your lunch frustrations) it looks like a pretty good MK day! I love that Maya was so interested in the attractions and the parade. I feel like Delilah enjoyed those kinds of things more on our younger trips too. On this most recent trip, she was a lot more hesitant and scared of things.

I have been loving seeing your pics on Facebook! You look like you're having a great time in Disney right now!

A oldest child/mother date. How sweet! Doesn't it feel special to get that one on one time with your eldest once in awhile? It always reminds me of the days when it was just them and no younger siblings.
My son came in as I was reading and exclaimed, "Look, Mom, they are having a tea party!" :rotfl:

Stroller free is amazing! Unfortunately, I suppose with Baby # 3 on the way, you won't hit the point of traveling without one for a few more years. But one day! One day...:thumbsup2

Glad Skipper Canteen had some good food options. Although, I don't think many WDW dishes are very spicy. I get the feeling they've had one too many guests claim they want "extra spice" and then completely freak when it's too hot for them.

Love the photos of Aria with Tinkerbell and Maya's reaction to MSEP. Too sweet!

Well, back home once again from another wonderful trip!! Phew am I exhausted!! Thank you for the well wishes, we had such a fun time with @Dugette and fam, and the girls did great though Maya is in her scared of characters phase - but she LOVED every ride! The trip flew by of course, but we did SO much and fit so much into a small amount of time it was wonderful. So wonderful in fact, that yesterday I booked our June 2017 trip. I had sort of been waiting for a better deal for a hotel to pop up, and also waiting to hear back about our potential job changes, but since it's during my "maternity leave" time the job thing doesn't matter so much. I got an insane deal of $349/week at this 3 bedroom villa -

Master-
_MG_5076m.jpg

Living-
_MG_5070b.jpg

Pool even has a waterfall (I have a soft spot for waterfalls)
_MG_4925cover.jpg

Plus a cool playground for Aria and Maya to enjoy

playground750.jpg

It's at Star Island resort? I've never stayed here before but couldn't pass up the deal and space vs cost! Since we have AP's and rent a car anyway, staying onsite isn't a necessity really. I also quickly made my ADR's this morning and got everything except H&V which doesn't look like it has opened up. We decided on: H&V, Crystal Palace, Kona, Garden Grill and Akershus for breakfast, Sanaa for lunch, and dinners at Boathouse, Tiffins, Chef Mickeys, Ohana and of course California Grill. I'm sure I'll add more in as time goes on lol. Andrew will be coming, BTW! I'm not going with a ~6 week old, 1 year old and 5 year old by myself, now THAT would be crazy hehehe.

Anyway I'll get back to the TR as soon as I can, and will also get back to reading everyone else's too!

So exciting! I love surprising little ones with cute dresses! If anything your trip report showed me that it's totally doable.

This is our first baby but I also have nieces who I like to spoil with trips to WDW.

Aria loved LOVED her surprise dress! And that's amazing. I would totally take my nieces and nephews to Disney, and hoping to go as a huge group in maybe 2018? We'll see.

Great updates. I love Maya's eyes as she was watching the parade. Just taking it all in. Precious!

That bubble tea looked so good. I've never had that before but definitely want to try it.
I haven't read too much on Skipper Canteen. How did you like it?

Aria looked like she really enjoyed the tea. It's nice just having some mommy and me time.

It was good! Not amazing, but fun. Dugette had a great experience here a few days ago (we decided to skip it in lieu of ice cream and cotton candy for lunch! hahaha).

Just came across this TR but following along! Congratulations on baby girl #3! We are expecting our third baby in May of 2017, so right behind you!

Such a sweet little family, can't wait to get caught up on the TR :)

Thank you so much for following and commenting, and congrats on your new baby!! Any trips planned?

Just wanted to wish you a wonderful trip!

Say 'hi' to Mickey for us ;)

Thank you so much!!

Nice update. The tea looked fun. Several years ago when tea rooms were really popular I took my daughter for her 5th birthday. She loved it. Now that my girls are teens I would love to do this with them again someday. Glad to hear you liked Skipper Canteen. We are headed there for dinner in a few weeks. We live in CA and go to DL at least once a year but because we are on the west coast we don't get to DW often. We have been 4 times but our last trip was in 10 so we are super excited yet nervous about going xmas week. I know that it is going to be nuts but my mom wanted to go. The more I keep telling her I think she is regretting it LOL. I only am nervous because there is SO much new since we were last there and I won't be able to really see or enjoy it because of the crowds. I did get a fp for 7 dwarves and Frozen so at least we will get to see the 2 new rides. I also was able to get lunch for BOG. Wanted dinner but just glad to get to see it at all. Looking forward to your next update!

Aw that is sweet!! Yes they would love it. You're going to have a blast and you got the hard to get FP's so that'll be so awesome. You know going in that the crowds will be crazy so just try to sit back and enjoy. I don't know if I've ever seen MK as busy as it was one of the days we were there this trip, it was insane! But we still had an amazing time.

That is CRAZY that they wanted you to take Maya out of the wrap at Dumbo!! I don't recall ever being asked to take Delilah out of the carrier on any attraction. I have seen some people report having to turn the babies facing outward, but I wasn't ever asked to do that either if she was in the carrier and facing in. I'm also dumbfounded about them not giving you the rider swap because the line was too short. If the whole point is you can come back and use it later, it doesn't matter what the wait time is now, only what the ride time is later, right?!?! So ridiculous!

Otherwise (and aside from your lunch frustrations) it looks like a pretty good MK day! I love that Maya was so interested in the attractions and the parade. I feel like Delilah enjoyed those kinds of things more on our younger trips too. On this most recent trip, she was a lot more hesitant and scared of things.

I have been loving seeing your pics on Facebook! You look like you're having a great time in Disney right now!

I know!! They did give us a RS on Barnstormer this trip, so maybe it was just a mean CM or something. Delilah was scared of the rides, or characters, or both? This trip, Maya was fearful of the characters (though she did okay if I held her, but character meals were tough). But she loved the rides. I got her singing and bouncing along on IaSW again lol.

A oldest child/mother date. How sweet! Doesn't it feel special to get that one on one time with your eldest once in awhile? It always reminds me of the days when it was just them and no younger siblings.
My son came in as I was reading and exclaimed, "Look, Mom, they are having a tea party!" :rotfl:

Stroller free is amazing! Unfortunately, I suppose with Baby # 3 on the way, you won't hit the point of traveling without one for a few more years. But one day! One day...:thumbsup2

Glad Skipper Canteen had some good food options. Although, I don't think many WDW dishes are very spicy. I get the feeling they've had one too many guests claim they want "extra spice" and then completely freak when it's too hot for them.

Love the photos of Aria with Tinkerbell and Maya's reaction to MSEP. Too sweet!

I know!! The little date was so much fun. There was at least one time this trip Aria and I got to do something together (Soarin' while Dugette watched Maya?) and Aria said she was so excited to ride with me. Not as much as a whole mommy daughter date but still super fun. I love spending that quality time with her.

Haha yes, a long time from now we'll be stroller free ;) Yeah probably, although if someone asks for extra spicy they shouldn't complain when it comes spicy hahaha.

Glad to hear you had a great trip!

That pictures of the resort you booked for June looks pretty darn night - haven't heard much about that resort though

Looking at your ADR list and seeing Sanaa for lunch - I saw they just added having breakfast there and the menu sounded good and just something different (just in case you hadn't seen about that)

Glad to hear you had a great trip!

That pictures of the resort you booked for June looks pretty darn night - haven't heard much about that resort though

Looking at your ADR list and seeing Sanaa for lunch - I saw they just added having breakfast there and the menu sounded good and just something different (just in case you hadn't seen about that)

There are a number of timeshare style resorts available for government/military at heroesvacationclub.com - that's how I rented at Silver Lake Resort and a couple others. I haven't seen that one pop up before and many other weeks it's a lot more, but this week it was 349 so I had to grab it.

I did see that about Sanaa, thanks!! I really love their bread service and potato samosas lol so I figure we can pop over to the resort for lunch then back to AK, assuming some new stuff is actually open by then...which may or may not be a smart assumption haha. If not we might just have a leisurely morning at hotel, then Sanaa lunch then go to AK for afternoon or something.

There are a number of timeshare style resorts available for government/military at heroesvacationclub.com - that's how I rented at Silver Lake Resort and a couple others. I haven't seen that one pop up before and many other weeks it's a lot more, but this week it was 349 so I had to grab it.

I did see that about Sanaa, thanks!! I really love their bread service and potato samosas lol so I figure we can pop over to the resort for lunch then back to AK, assuming some new stuff is actually open by then...which may or may not be a smart assumption haha. If not we might just have a leisurely morning at hotel, then Sanaa lunch then go to AK for afternoon or something.

makes sense - at this rate I would not expect anything new open at AK ... they are talking "summer" (which for Disney stretches to September I think) for Pandora and the latest is Rivers of Light will open with Pandora - though there might be a version of it opening sooner and then re-debuting with Pandora. Who knows. I would definitely go in with the thought of nothing new being open - and if it is, then that is a bonus

makes sense - at this rate I would not expect anything new open at AK ... they are talking "summer" (which for Disney stretches to September I think) for Pandora and the latest is Rivers of Light will open with Pandora - though there might be a version of it opening sooner and then re-debuting with Pandora. Who knows. I would definitely go in with the thought of nothing new being open - and if it is, then that is a bonus

Yeah Summer 2017 had me realizing it was prob not going to happen but no biggie, we'll be back hahaha

That looks incredible! I have been toying with the idea of a Labor Day trip with either just Grady or maybe both boys using the "magical" Poly rates available then, but with the new house insanity plus saving for Spain/Portugal in 2018 I'm not sure I have the funds. Now you are making me look into upgrading our tix to AP's in a few weeks and staying offsite-- that's less than the cost of 2 nights for a whole week! I'm glad your trip was so much fun-- can't wait to hear all about it via TR!

That looks incredible! I have been toying with the idea of a Labor Day trip with either just Grady or maybe both boys using the "magical" Poly rates available then, but with the new house insanity plus saving for Spain/Portugal in 2018 I'm not sure I have the funds. Now you are making me look into upgrading our tix to AP's in a few weeks and staying offsite-- that's less than the cost of 2 nights for a whole week! I'm glad your trip was so much fun-- can't wait to hear all about it via TR!

What are the magical Poly rates? I need to look into this! bahahaha

What are the magical Poly rates? I need to look into this! bahahaha

These are awesome! Every trip I have taken this year has been because of these rates. Just google magical rates and a travel agent should pop up. The prices are sometimes as low as 50% off. There are always a few hotels to choose from typically including poly, contemporary, and beach club with some moderates and values thrown in.

We've booked CBR (at something like 45% off rack rate at spring break) and now this Poly room. Labor Day at the Poly is the best deal, though. Still nowhere as good as your condo, though!

These are awesome! Every trip I have taken this year has been because of these rates. Just google magical rates and a travel agent should pop up. The prices are sometimes as low as 50% off. There are always a few hotels to choose from typically including poly, contemporary, and beach club with some moderates and values thrown in.

Are they only for Labor Day weekend? I did contact Magical vacations something or other, and they quoted me about $250/night for Beach Club over Labor Day which is a great rate, but still more than I want to spend lol! (esp when I usually rent points for closer to $160 per night :-D ) I don't think any values or mods were available.

We've booked CBR (at something like 45% off rack rate at spring break) and now this Poly room. Labor Day at the Poly is the best deal, though. Still nowhere as good as your condo, though!

Very cool, if I could find a deluxe less than $150/night I'd jump on it haha. For October my plan is either Shades again or offsite, although my friend Lynda is leaning to Port Orleans at a military rate of 199, so we'll see.

Back to February!! On Day 6 we had a built in "Free Day" (i.e. Water Park day because I never want to just sit around a room all day lol). Since I was unsure how the weather would be, I didn't pre-purchase any tickets/ upgrade tickets to Water Park Fun & more or whatever it's called. Remarkably, we had our warmest day of the trip so far, with weather predicted to get into the mid-80's. @khertz what was the first day of your trip? I'm thinking you still had a couple more days to go, this was Feb 3rd.

Anyway we got up and ready for a water park day, and then headed to breakfast at Kona. This is definitely in my top 3 breakfasts on Disney property -if only they served this delicious food at Ohana!

15591262_10100600461766951_5979874906325988307_o.jpg

Even better, I had done my research ahead of time to find out that my beloved Tonga Toast can be made dairy/soy free! The chef just has to change how the toast is cooked, and no strawberry sauce but that was okay with me!! That plus breakfast potatoes with sriracha?! YUM. We brought the stroller in, because Maya had fallen asleep for about 30 seconds on the drive from Bay Lake to the Poly, and we had hoped she would stay asleep for the meal. No such luck though

15493458_10100600461687111_1017969224172537676_o.jpg

Aria LOVES her baby sister though!

15493626_10100600463418641_4593776714717367196_o.jpg

Andrew had an omelette? IDK. I didn't really pay attention

15585195_10100600463214051_8029011911760709064_o.jpg

And my lovely breakfast

15626492_10100600463578321_7329597492171345386_o.jpg

This breakfast was all I imagined it to be and then some. So good! I was sad we didn't have time to squeeze in this breakfast this last trip lol, but we already have an ADR for June :)

It was a little after 9 when we decided to head to Blizzard Beach which was supposed to be open at 10AM this day...

But we got there and were turned away, saying the park MIGHT be open at Noon?!?!?! What? I don't think I ever figured out what happened. We decided to go grab some groceries like drinks, wine, snacks, etc. Maya had fallen asleep so I stayed in the car while Andrew ran in. Afterwards we swung by the water park again and it was still closed.

with temps already at 80, and already in our swim suits, we decided to head to the pool.

15591487_10100600463822831_3593055920167007554_o.jpg

15493334_10100600463448581_6767400520025252744_o.jpg

It was warm enough that even Maya got to go in the pool for a bit

15625592_10100600466821821_2650240227675433948_o.jpg

15540931_10100600466617231_7411680123918580919_o.jpg

Maya enjoyed the water

15492625_10100600466452561_1645320695514030859_n.jpg

And we checked out the splash pad area too

15621655_10100600467146171_8267705200115644926_n.jpg

Both girls would have a ball here now

15540922_10100600466926611_7962006134217094171_o.jpg

15590123_10100600467021421_6213413995600408733_n.jpg

15585056_10100600466477511_8221741646187526020_o.jpg

It was pretty nice having no where to be, and having saved about $100 on the water park tickets, too! haha

Andrew and Aria went back in the main pool for a few minutes, mainly bc Aria wanted to go down the slide

15625972_10100600467400661_3097230860408418751_o.jpg

Around lunchtime we headed back to the room so that we could snack on some leftovers from the fridge and take showers and all that.

15589781_10100600467290881_4308501294582506329_n.jpg

After our snacking lunch, we put the girls down for naps and they both miraculously took them, while we figured out our afternoon plans! If Andrew's involved, you know it has to have something to do with boating!

Are they only for Labor Day weekend? I did contact Magical vacations something or other, and they quoted me about $250/night for Beach Club over Labor Day which is a great rate, but still more than I want to spend lol! (esp when I usually rent points for closer to $160 per night :-D ) I don't think any values or mods were available.

Very cool, if I could find a deluxe less than $150/night I'd jump on it haha. For October my plan is either Shades again or offsite, although my friend Lynda is leaning to Port Orleans at a military rate of 199, so we'll see.
I'll pm you-- the boards get huffy about mentioning names/deals about this agency.

We decided to go to the marina at the Contemporary and rent a Pontoon! We've rented the Mickey mouse boats and a Whaler before, but never the pontoon, but the space was nice and it was really comfy.

15591221_10100600463029421_5381754401102565684_o.jpg

I always enjoy doing this as I have no interested in driving a boat around myself (although I've rented a mickey mouse boat with aria before, but never the bigger ones). But this is Andrews favorite thing to do anywhere, so why not do it at Disney!

15625959_10100600462904671_7181576172406929248_o.jpg

Nice view of Bay Lake tower!

15585415_10100600463738001_3861002624091447747_o.jpg

On the boats, kids are supposed to wear life jackets the whole time, but adults don't have to, so we had ours onboard. Poor Maya was really squished in hers as it just isn't meant for an 8-week old baby

15591411_10100600463189101_4077490930461723893_o.jpg

Out on the water, Aria tried to make her happy by tickling her

15591216_10100600462889701_9056064509845849626_o.jpg

15625712_10100600462680121_8959064392405154841_o.jpg

I opened up her life jacket though and she was much happier

15591627_10100600462021441_5589063115638654719_o.jpg

15493304_10100600461906671_8353158199870288585_o.jpg

We scoped out the Bungalows! But I will NEVER pay that much for one, not even in Bora Bora. I'm not sure how often they're sold out, but in my opinion they really overpriced those.

We do most of our boating on a Bay/ ocean near Cape Cod, so a Pontoon really isn't good for that, but I must say if we ever do much lake boating it was nice to be so stable and have so much space. Aria really enjoyed walking around on the deck.

15625722_10100600462749981_8247367305534863991_o.jpg

A little sneak of where we're eating dinner!

15578061_10100600461562361_4362886060069610375_o.jpg

Monorail passing over head

15590812_10100600462894691_8258930770586969821_o.jpg

I have a love/hate relationship with these Disney transportation boats. I think they are so cute, but wish we could push the stroller right on lol!

15578206_10100600463688101_7172924858116810828_o.jpg

15590994_10100600462041401_1211446997504073077_o.jpg

Maya got a bit fussy mid ride

15626082_10100600461402681_7429860202266377687_o.jpg

After our ride, we had some time to kill so relaxed in the room. While Aria and I watched some TV, this happened <3

15591217_10100600464825821_9199900564703187586_o.jpg

Next up, dinner!

That looks like such a fun day! I never feel like I can plan a down day, since at 7-8 days our trips never feel long enough (but inLOVE being in the parks, and have trouble making time to do other things!). Kona is also my fave for breakfast, but I'm a die-hard pineapple macadamia pancakes girl! I'm not sure if it's just that I will never allow myself to put that much butter on something outside of WDW, but they are the BEST pancakes ever!

How cute is that picture of napping Maya/Andrew!!!

And to finish up this free day, we headed to 1900 Park Fare for dinner. Couldn't do a day without meeting SOME characters, right!

15665594_10100600463932611_439441042368072327_n.jpg

We took our family photo (proving Maya was there, bc apparently I didn't take ANY photos of her the whole meal!)

15541476_10100600466317831_2629091696209394427_n.jpg

Aria and Andrew were very pleased with their selections

15590836_10100600465419631_2203676612629182730_o.jpg

I had a chef show me a few items on the buffet I could eat, and then he offered to make me some chicken and vegetables as well. The salmon with avocado was really good. The corn dish had sausage or something which I don't normally eat, but there were VERY few dairy/soy free options here.

15585366_10100600465000471_7382317305362902637_o.jpg

Soon Prince Charming came over, and Aria was very shy and wanted daddy to be in the photo

15590936_10100600465968531_8191199926258753567_o.jpg

And Cinderella came over next

15391515_10100600465140191_3212573450957038934_o.jpg

For once, Aria had the evil step sisters and step mother on her dress, but she did have Cinderella on her sleeves lol, so she was showing her.

15492379_10100600465793881_1253975824731080412_n.jpg

15493605_10100600465634201_1956654746055614830_o.jpg

I took this photo because two tables away, there was a girl celebrating something (???) and dressed up to the 9's. Aria kept asking which princess she was. The characters fawned over her and she clearly loved it.

15591333_10100600466213041_5202786513926428194_o.jpg

Soon the chef brought over my allergy meal. I will say, that there was ZERO flavor on the entire plate. Like not even olive oil in the potatoes? I used ample amounts of salt then asked for some sauce. Server was unsure what to do about sauce so I asked if they had hot sauce. So my dinner consisted of tabasco (which I hate) on this flavorless stuff. (Also note the Allergy rolls, which are pre package GF ones. They are disgusting).

15585333_10100600464047381_4566144263919668029_o.jpg

But, we were here for the characters ,right ;)

Aria had fabulous interactions with the Step mother and sisters. She's always been a bit afraid of them, but with her dress and them catching on to her being a bit timid, these went really great.

14600986_10100600464386701_7117570699526482647_n.jpg

Remember the princess two tables away?? The step mother went over to her after meeting Aria and told her she liked Aria's dress. OMG I felt sort of bad for the princess but she thankfully laughed it off!

15626417_10100600465529411_5541206879730788369_o.jpg

And now she brought Aria back to us

15591351_10100600465509451_5485428057067314653_o.jpg

15589661_10100600464042391_3185442439449312740_n.jpg

15578314_10100600465654161_818090501671087892_o.jpg

I think she also told her daughters that she liked Aria's dress better than theirs

15492523_10100600465848771_3005128554415048649_n.jpg

15492044_10100600465195081_5103918301606232184_n.jpg

She tried to teach Aria a pout face

15589882_10100600464895681_6316433364052096480_n.jpg

But Aria wanted to smile instead

15585455_10100600464461551_8568898037398887734_o.jpg

To top off our character night, Aria really wanted to go meet the princess at the other table, so we told her to tell her she liked her dress. She got down on the floor and chatted for a bit, and it ended up being really sweet <3

15585142_10100600466028411_4421173704589333887_o.jpg

15540819_10100600465918631_3833057887428011241_o.jpg

Aria even got a birthday cupcake, to finish up the evening!

15626294_10100600464281911_6813834259042326440_o.jpg

Apparently the relaxing day was just what Maya needed, too, as she slept from 8:15PM - 6:15AM! I think we were up middle of the night making sure she was okay lol.

Coming up, we move over to the Beach Club for the final 6 nights (and you thought this TR was almost over lol!) then spend morning at MK before meeting up with IL's at the Beach Club!

That looks like such a fun day! I never feel like I can plan a down day, since at 7-8 days our trips never feel long enough (but inLOVE being in the parks, and have trouble making time to do other things!). Kona is also my fave for breakfast, but I'm a die-hard pineapple macadamia pancakes girl! I'm not sure if it's just that I will never allow myself to put that much butter on something outside of WDW, but they are the BEST pancakes ever!

How cute is that picture of napping Maya/Andrew!!!

I rarely plan in a full non park day, but with 13 days total to play with this time, Andrew really wanted one. Plus the previous May we had had such fun at Blizzard Beach I really thought Andrew would LOVE it.

I've never had the pancakes, mainly bc I love Tonga Toast too much, and Andrew isn't a sweets guy.

More updates! This looks like so much fun-- this is one meal I would love to do, as I think the stepsisters are hilarious, but I had a revolt on my hands when I brought it up with the boys. I should go by myself--ha! Aria's dress IS adorable-- I love that she got all that attention for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter