The least expensive/best way to resize or at least keep my rings on?

nbodyhome

DIS Veteran
I've lost quite a bit of weight over the last 4 years, and my poor rings are just wiggling around on my finger. I am trying to figure out what the best way to keep my rings on are. The rings aren't expensive - my wedding ring cost $50 or so on Amazon (white gold), and my Moisonnite engagement ring cost $300. So they aren't pricey rings, so I don't necessarily want to spend tons fixing them to my finger. Plus, I am running now and it's making me leaner - so I expect to possibly need to do this again.

Thanks!

Get a ring guard. My grandmother lost a lot of weight and got a ring guard at the jewelers they installed it I don't know how much it cost but it was reasonable. Its like a little clip thingie that fits inside the band, you flip it open to put the ring on, the click it shut for a tighter fit. Done right its comfortable and doesn't look tacky. Ask at a jeweler, they should know what it is.

Thanks! I care more about comfort thank worrying about it being tacky. :) I love my rings, but I was thinking about putting a bandaid around them!

I second the ring guard instead of the band aid :rotfl2: I haven't needed one lately, but when I did I think the jeweler only charged a couple/few bucks for this.

I second the ring guard instead of the band aid :rotfl2: I haven't needed one lately, but when I did I think the jeweler only charged a couple/few bucks for this.

I actually have small bandaids (put on last night) temporarily on the rings. Otherwise, I can't wear them! I'll get ring-guards, thank you. :)

I am not complaining about losing weight, I'm just surprised that it's so recent that I'm having problems with the rings.

I hope you weren't offended....I didn't mean to if you were. I just thought it was cute with the band aids.......but myself would be worried about the glue from the adhesive. I think it's wonderful that you've lost so much that your ring size is an issue! It sounds like you have done remarkably well!

I hope you weren't offended....I didn't mean to if you were. I just thought it was cute with the band aids.......but myself would be worried about the glue from the adhesive. I think it's wonderful that you've lost so much that your ring size is an issue! It sounds like you have done remarkably well!

Oh, no - not offended at all! :) I will see a jeweler as soon as I have a chance, I just wanted to keep the rings on iff possible.

I have lost 80 pounds in over 4 years, I still want to lose a little more. But it's just recently where the rings have become loose (I am assuming it's because of running, since I've not lost a lot of weight this past year, but have gotten leaner).

Thank you!

My jeweler didn't charge me a whole lot to re-size my rings. They were literally falling off my fingers. Since I was planning to lose more weight, he suggested sizing them down a bit more than I originally wanted so I only needed to do it once. Have to admit, I really questioned this idea when I couldn't get the rings off again for a few weeks, but I did lose more weight and now they fit perfect!

I have a very thin (1mm) band that I wear in front of my looser anniversary band when I wear that without the rest of my wedding set. It fits tight enough to keep the anniversary band from falling off, and is great to wear alone when my fingers are swollen from the heat.

Anne

All good ideas! I think I'll start with the ring guard, then at some point I might get them fully resized - I may still lose another 20 or so pounds, plus I'm running and that will likely matter too. The rings aren't as loose when my fingers do get swollen (like exercising), but they are never anywhere near tight. It just gets irritating to have my engagement ring backwards (where it slides around, having the stone at the palm area of my hand). :)

When I first got the engagement ring, it was sometimes uncomfortable when my fingers swelled (usually while exercising at Disney - it would be warm and humid). I'd go to the various Epcot shops and get a tiny bit of lotion for my hands. :) But that was 25 pounds ago. I didn't realize my fingers would shrink along with everything else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter