The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be staying at POP during Pop Warner week. I am hoping that I do not have to rent a car. What is the quickest way to get to the WWoS complex. We went there 2 yrs ago and we did have our car, but we are flying this time and do not want to spend the extra $$. A few years back we had to go to MGM now Hollywood Studios then get a bus from there. Is this the only way still or does anyone have a better/quicker way.

If Pop Warner is anything like All Star competitions you will buy a package that will include your hotel, theme park tickets and transfers (by special bus) to the WWOS. You must be a package holder to ride those busses. Are you going for the competition/games or just for fun? It's early in the season still unless your town historically makes it all the way to Orlando each year. Best of luck to you! :goodvibes

Thank you!

I should be in the air in less than 12 hours!

Thanks everyone for all the tips, and especially Buckeye Gal for putting together post #1. Hopefully I can get lots of POP pix!

:woohoo:

Have a great trip!

I can't wait to hear how it went.

If Pop Warner is anything like All Star competitions you will buy a package that will include your hotel, theme park tickets and transfers (by special bus) to the WWOS. You must be a package holder to ride those busses. Are you going for the competition/games or just for fun? It's early in the season still unless your town historically makes it all the way to Orlando each year. Best of luck to you! :goodvibes

I don't know if the ydo that for Pop Warner, but I doubt the ywould have that package at Pop anyways, as the All Stars resorts are supposed to be the official places for the Pop Warners to stay. Of course this could've changed and I could be totally wrong. But most people post saying that Pop is rarely effected by Pop Warner.

I believe this is the TV line up for all resorts:

1. --
2. NBC
3. ABC Family
4. ABC New Now
5. CNN Headline News
6. CBS
7. Lifetime
8. Lifetime Movie
9. ABC
10. ESPN
11. ESPN Classic
12. ESPN2
13. ESPNews
14. Radio Disney
15. Toon Disney
16. Disney Channel
17. What’s on TV
18. Top Seven Must Sees at WDW Resort
19. WDW Today
20. ---
21. DVC
22. Your Next Disney Vacation
23. Company Clips
24. PBS
25. WB
26. FOX
27. WRDQ (Independent)
28. WTGL (Independent)
29. WACX (Independent)
30. PAX (Independent)
31. UPN
32. WLCB (Independent)
33. ---
34. Soapnet
35. BET
36. BET on Jazz
37. Weather Channel
38. CNBC
39. MSNBC
40. CNN
41. --
42. CC NBC
43. CC CBS
44. CC ABC
45. CC CNN
46. CC Headline News
47. CC ESPN
48. CC WB
49. CC PBS
50. CC FOX
51. CC Disney Channel
52. CC Top Must Sees at WDW Resort
53. Haz Realidad UnDeseo
54. DVC en Espanol
55. Univsion
56. Telefutura
57. Duetcsh TV
58. ESPN Spanish
59. Japanese TV
60. Chinese TV

We were there in August and we didn't have most of these channels. We only had about 10 channels and most of those were Disney channels. It wasn't a big deal though because we were only at the resort to sleep and shower. I must say though that I saw the top 7 things at Disney more times than I cared to while waiting my turn for the shower.

DH and I will be @ POP in Nov without the kids!!! We were able to get a great AP rate of $54 a nite- standard view. I have made my ADR's- Can't get that darn Le Cellier though- I'll have to keep checking!:goodvibes or if worst comes to worst I would like to try Bistro de Paris:yay: We were at POP in May and really had a blast! I am soo excited too be going back to Disney!!!:banana:

....the All Stars resorts are supposed to be the official places for the Pop Warners to stay. Of course this could've changed and I could be totally wrong. But most people post saying that Pop is rarely effected by Pop Warner.

I've always heard and read the very same thing. IF that has indeed changed, that's a good thing to know.

We had new matresses but not all the matresses there are the same. We had friends there when we were there and their matress was very soft but ours was very firm. If you don't like the bed just ask to move rooms before you get comfortable.

Ang

DH and I will be @ POP in Nov without the kids!!! We were able to get a great AP rate of $54 a nite- standard view. I have made my ADR's- Can't get that darn Le Cellier though- I'll have to keep checking!:goodvibes or if worst comes to worst I would like to try Bistro de Paris:yay: We were at POP in May and really had a blast! I am soo excited too be going back to Disney!!!:banana:

We finished our Mom and Dad only trip about a month ago. It was lots of fun but in a different way. We actually got to do some things that we wanted to do.

Keep trying on Le Cellier. One of the best restaurants at WDW I thik.

Also for the person wondering how long to give for transport to an ADR. Beware the busses when we were there 8/21 to 9/8 were hit an miss on the 20 minute rule. We had several busses that we timed at just over 50 minutes. Most were within 20 minutes and quite a few were around 30 minutes for waits. If you just miss a bus it could take a while for the next one. If you are late due to busses just let the restaurant know what happened and they should accomodate you. HTH

Thank you!

I should be in the air in less than 12 hours!

Thanks everyone for all the tips, and especially Buckeye Gal for putting together post #1. Hopefully I can get lots of POP pix!

:woohoo:

It's a little over 12 hours since your post, so you must be in the air! It won't be long to check-in at POP!:upsidedow

Can hardly wait to hear all about your trip and see the photo memories. :)

It is so exciting when the waiting has ended and the real fun begins.:thumbsup2

I know you're going to have a magical time!! We'll be thinking of you! :flower3:

Just back from a 6 night stay (9/8-9/14) @Pop.
Originally were going to check out 9/13 but with Ike threatening Texas decided we would rather be @Disney than at home and were able to add a night without any problem (didn't have to change rooms!)
Did not eat much in the food court so I can't comment on that but we were satisfied with our rooms (request for connecting rooms noted on original reservation, faxed a request 5 days before we checked in and got it!) We had a standard room, ground floor, 70's building.
Had ordered two cases of water from COSTCO to be delivered to Pop...one was waiting for us when we checked in but they couldn't find the other one...a few hours later we recieved a call in our room that they had found it!
We were more or less satisfied with bus transportation...one morning (granted it was EMH @MK) the line was extremly long and we opted to take a cab (van @$20 for 5 of us) to the Contemporary and walked over to MK from there....that night after Spectro and Wishes we waited what seemed like forever (but probably much shorter) for a bus back to Pop.
Booked the Bounce Back offer for Pop next year!!! :bounce:

Did Pop just get new mattresses in all the rooms? I think I read this somewhere. I hope they did.

Yes they were reported as being brought in by someone while they were there at Pop !!I think they mentioned how many trucks full but I don't remember the #!!

Did Pop just get new mattresses in all the rooms? I think I read this somewhere. I hope they did.

Don't know if our mattresses were new or not but just wanted to say I found them comfortable more firm than soft if that helps! :thumbsup2

If you like tuna you have to try the tuna sandwich at POP. It was one of my favorite meals. It comes on a multigrain bread and has slices of cucumber etc. You can ask for grapes instead of the bland macaroni salad too.

I saw a distinct difference in personal pizzas and hamburgers and such. The good news is that they were prepared in advance which made the line go faster (I am used to Sports and am not sure how POP has done it in the past) HOWEVER they were smaller, much smaller and a bit wrinkled looking to my eye . Might have been the heat lamp on the burger but the pizza, which I am used to filling the small paper plate fills about 2/3rd now. The bakery display was excellent and a good use of a snack credit. Only small sizes of snacks/chips etc. are on the DP now and it is not easy to know what is included or not. They had staff wandering the food court checking trays and advising changes to fulfill the DP requirements. Seems to me that if you have to spend that much money and time and trouble that you should make it simplier for folks to understand instead.

Be aware that I am a mystery shopper back home so I am trained to note things and make suggestions. My children find it ironic that I am paid to criticize. I figure it takes the pressure of them though. :laughing:

SG

Kristineamb- glad you had a great trip! And escaped Ike:scared: Do you happen to remember the specifics on what dates the bounceback was offered for? I have 60 more days!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter