The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ya MOM and Diva K! Understanding the DP is easier for us veterans but one would expect that we would have few questions with all our experience. I ran into a CM that was walking a guest around in the gift shop and was surprised at some of the things that were and were not included as snacks. From a practical point of view I am thinking that the time consumed by answering those questions over and over again is far too much and that items should be clearly marked.

I agree about far too much paperwork for the TS. Also trading in TS for CS even when you got the two snacks in the same transaction required much shuffling of paper.

Do not get me wrong. I had a wonderful time but in comparing past years with this one I did note many differences and none of them positive. I want Disney to make money because I want them to be around for many more decades and even centuries but feel that skimping on some things ends up losing money. Sort of like when a restaurant starts going downhill and they downgrade the food, one of the cheapest components of the business BTW, and they end up getting a bad rep and lose even more customers and going out of business. The prices are high at Disney and to walk away feeling ripped off because the quality and quantity is not there is not good. People who go for a trip of a lifetime might not note the differences but it might well impact on whether they feel inclined to go back again.

I am a Midwesterner and prices are lower here than many other parts of the country so I am sure that colors my perceptions.

I drive down so I have choices available that many do not so I will be back, and often!!:love:

Did I mention that I noted that the bushes outside of POP Century needed trimming? :rotfl:

SG

Hey, I get paid for criticizing and telling businesses what to do. Takes the pressure off my kids. I keep my mouth shut there. :rotfl:

SG

Hi everyone - a "newbie" here! We are going to DW in Feb and staying at POP. I have a quick question. Our flight lands on 2/7 (Saturday) at 3:20. Do you think it would be wise to make ADR at Chef Mickey's (assuming I can still get them) for Saturday night. And, any suggestions as to what time. Our flight is a direct flight so only problem would be delays at takeoff. I don't know if it's best to just let us wander POP for that first afternoon/evening or plan something!

What are your thoughts / suggestions?

Oh - and also worried about how late busses run. Would hate to miss a ride back to POP from Contemp (which would have to be by way of MK from what I can tell.)

Hi everyone - a "newbie" here! We are going to DW in Feb and staying at POP. I have a quick question. Our flight lands on 2/7 (Saturday) at 3:20. Do you think it would be wise to make ADR at Chef Mickey's (assuming I can still get them) for Saturday night. And, any suggestions as to what time. Our flight is a direct flight so only problem would be delays at takeoff. I don't know if it's best to just let us wander POP for that first afternoon/evening or plan something!

Oh - and also worried about how late busses run. Would hate to miss a ride back to POP from Contemp (which would have to be by way of MK from what I can tell.)

I don't think that you would have any problem getting to an ADR later in the evening. The buses run until about 1 hour past closing so that shouldn't be an issue for you either.

I wouldn't make an ADR @CM for before 7pm...you will have to take the bus to MK and walk to the Comtemporary to get there and vice versa (FYI we took a cab/van from Pop 2 Contemporary early this month and for the 5 of us cost @$20 including tip.)
Another option for your first night is DTD...
Or you could always hang out @Pop, get settled, go to bed early so your ready for the parks bright & early the next day! :thumbsup2

I did it... I can't believe I read this whole threat. I changed my resort from POR to 2 rooms at Pop. since I have never stayed here I was nervous. But thanks to all of you, I believe I've made the right choice.

I did it... I can't believe I read this whole threat. I changed my resort from POR to 2 rooms at Pop. since I have never stayed here I was nervous. But thanks to all of you, I believe I've made the right choice.

You wont be sorry. I was the true deluxe snob and we loved POP. We too changed our ressies from one room at CR to 2 rooms at POP and saved a bundle to boot. POP is a great resort!!!

Okay, everybody - I'm just about on my way! :banana:

Any last minute requests to check out anything at POP while I'm there? Hoping to actually spend some time relaxing around the resort this trip! :cool1:

I'm heading out in the morning myself, Barb! Have safe travels!! In fact, I know there are many on their way there, so everyone be safe and have a wonderful time!!!!!

Personally, I can't wait just to have electricity!!! We've been out since Ike stormed his way through Ohio on Sunday, 9/14. The current ETA for our neighborhood to get it restored is MONDAY! :scared1: Thank God I had nearly everything ready and packed for the WDW and cruise portions of my vacation right before the electricty went off.

boy oh boy there's a TON of great info on this thread. i've been sitting here on and off all day reading, lol. i'm just curious what people's opinions are on calling vs. faxing in room requests. my cousin says you have a better chance of getting your requests granted if you call, but it seems so many people fax. TIA

boy oh boy there's a TON of great info on this thread. i've been sitting here on and off all day reading, lol. i'm just curious what people's opinions are on calling vs. faxing in room requests. my cousin says you have a better chance of getting your requests granted if you call, but it seems so many people fax. TIA

Our request (connecting rooms) was noted on our original reservations and then I faxed it @5 days before we arrived...we got our connecting rooms! :thumbsup2
Good luck! :goodvibes

Glad you've found info that you needed! We all recommend that you do both. Have it noted on your reservation now, then at T-5, fax your request as well. Have fun planning!

Hi all just checked out of POP today and drove down for a night in cocoa bech our hotel was so bad. The room we got was not cleaned and was terrrible I stated crying that I wanted to be back at POP my husband got on the phone and was going to reserve another night at pop. anyway when we get back we are going back tomorrow and staying another week at Old Key West we will have a review but let just say I loved POP so much I want to be back right now Cathy

Be sure to put requests in with the origional reservation first off. All Ears suggest you do not call, as with the call, if they are busy they either don't write it down or put the papaer in the appropriate spot and then the room assigner never gets it. They suggest faxing 4 days before you leave (I beleive) as they assign rooms 3 days before you arrive.

our vacation is already booked and paid for. we did not state our requests with our reservation. do you think we will have a chance at getting what we want with just a fax? (1980's building 1st floor)

our vacation is already booked and paid for. we did not state our requests with our reservation. do you think we will have a chance at getting what we want with just a fax? (1980's building 1st floor)
You can still call in and have them add the requests to your reservation. That would be your best bet! You can then also fax 5 days before, just to make sure! :thumbsup2

sorry for all the questions...we booked through aaa. should i call the agent or should i call myself and if call myself which number would i need to call?

I would call and have it added to your reservation

sorry for all the questions...we booked through aaa. should i call the agent or should i call myself and if call myself which number would i need to call?

You will need to have your AAA agent ad it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter