The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not, but I do know that they were showing no availablitly for the last few weeks on the website. (well a day here or there, but for a longer stay it wouldn;t show any)

I'm not sure why you're telling me it was full when I was the one vacationing then. I've been at busier times and this time was fine.

I have my fax request written and ready to send next week, which also includes my highest priority to have a King bed room. However, one thing I have to keep in perspective is that only 5% (144 total) of the rooms at Pop Century are Kings. Of those 144, 63 are handicap accessible.

So although I trust they'll make an effort to accommodate my preferences, 5% lends to a small probability.

I'm new to this board and going to WDW for the first time.So if I buy the efillable mugs,can I refill them everywhere in WDW or I can only use them at Pop century food courts.

I'm new to this board and going to WDW for the first time.So if I buy the efillable mugs,can I refill them everywhere in WDW or I can only use them at Pop century food courts.

You cannot use your mugs at the parks, just at your resort. And you can use them at your resort as often as you wish. I would have 2 mugs of Nes-crap-ay each morning - anything to get the ol' eyeballs open!!

I'm new to this board and going to WDW for the first time.

Congratulations!!! :goodvibes Your first time is just SO exciting!! I assume you're looking to stay at Pop Century, so if you haven't already, check out Post #1 that is full of more information that you ever thought you needed!

Happy planning!!!!!!! That's part of the fun, imo!

Subbing because I read this everyday!!! We will be at POP for 12 nights Oct 2-14. Just requested top floor BLDGS 2,3 or 4 lakeview. Hopefully we get one of those. Thanks for all the great information!!! :cool1: :cool1:

Congratulations!!! :goodvibes Your first time is just SO exciting!! I assume you're looking to stay at Pop Century, so if you haven't already, check out Post #1 that is full of more information that you ever thought you needed!

Happy planning!!!!!!! That's part of the fun, imo!

Thanks but at the same time I'm scared too.Being with two demanding kids in theme parks is going to be a hell lot of responsibity.........

Thanks but at the same time I'm scared too.Being with two demanding kids in theme parks is going to be a hell lot of responsibity.........

It does seem frightening at first. I'm taking DS alone this year for the first time, but once you get there you will have a ball!

How old are your kids? Are you going alone with them?

Hi guys! I'm not staying at Pop on this trip, but I'm considering booking bounceback there for next year.

I wanted to answer that bedrail question if I may, and then ask one of my own.

I have bedrails for our upcoming trip, and there is no additional charge, much like if you were to get a pack and play for your child.

Okay, here's my question. I've looked at the resort map. I know we'll be booking a preferred room, because one member of our travel party needs to be in close proximity to things (trouble walking distances and uses an ECV at the parks). We did stay in the 60s building last year, and we were just a few doors down from the Playdoh on the fourth floor. Although that was a fun place to be, and very convenient, it was also very noisy, because we were directly across from the Hippy Dippy Pool.

If I wanted to be in that same building, but not across from the pool, how would I word my request?

Preferred room, 60s building, NOT opposite a pool?

Just curious what the best way is to go about that. And if you have any suggestions as to other locations that would be better, feel free. I know there's some preferred in 50s and 70s as well, so I'd love your opinions. :goodvibes

I would say "Closest to Classic Hall, Not Poolside." That way, you might get one of the super close 50s or 70s rooms.

Yeah it is only fair but it wasn't really all that busy and I would have liked if the lady wasn't so rude. We both had a hard time fitting in the bed [neither one of us sleep well without the other. In fact if he works late I can't sleep without him here so I get less sleep than I should sometimes]. I guess we could have requested to have just 1 bed but I'm almost 100% sure that I saw somewhere on the info we got that we'd have just one. Oh well, now we know! Although, I'm not sure if we'll choose to stay at Pop again.

Love the wedding pics! :wizard:

It's hard when you don't know what to expect!
And sometimes you don't even know what you don't know, so you can't ask someone.

I think that anywhere you go at Disney you will run into the same problems, unless you book a hotel where you can pay for a king room.

That said, it probably would be worth it to you to pay for a king (probably a moderate?) or book a deluxe with a queen.

We're used to a queen, so it is different with a double, but we're usually so tired we forget after the first night. LOL

I just went on to costco.com to order water and the site says it shows no match for the address given on page 1 of this thread. Should I just proceed with out the address verified?:confused3 Has anyone else out there had this happen or is there another address for shipping items to the POP? anyone who has answers I would appreciate it! :goodvibes

I just went on to costco.com to order water and the site says it shows no match for the address given on page 1 of this thread. Should I just proceed with out the address verified?:confused3 Has anyone else out there had this happen or is there another address for shipping items to the POP? anyone who has answers I would appreciate it! :goodvibes

Yes, that is what I did. Just proceed with the address as is. My water arrived just fine.

Have fun!

We're planning on a Sept. 2009 trip stay at Pop. My great nephew is a very picky eater, especially at breakfast. He will eat pancakes & french toast, however. I know that once upon a time they did have both of these available, but the last menu I saw on AllEars.Net doesn't show either one on the menu. If you have stayed here recently, let me know whether or not these are still available at breakfast. TIA! :)

Joyous99 - it is hard to say what will be on any menu a year out. Keep that in mind

We tsyaed at Pop in march. they did have pancakes, french toast and mickey waffles available then. The french toast was excellent. in your pancakes you could evn get chocolate chips. Maybe someone who has been there recently will chime in. Hope that helps.

Joyous99 posted:
We're planning on a Sept. 2009 trip stay at Pop. My great nephew is a very picky eater, especially at breakfast. He will eat pancakes & french toast, however. I know that once upon a time they did have both of these available, but the last menu I saw on AllEars.Net doesn't show either one on the menu. If you have stayed here recently, let me know whether or not these are still available at breakfast. TIA!

At POP August 21 for a few ngts and saw the Mickey Pancakes, Waffles and French Toast..but as someone mentioned, could change, especially if traveling during off season, but these items seem to pretty much be a staple.

Have a great trip - even the pickiest eater can find lots to eat at WDW! We have allegies to deal with (which many refer to as picky) and have no trouble at all. Kids meals are very kid friendly, but any TS ot CS will prepare any item free of seasoning - which can be an issue for some picky eaters.

Good luck and have a wonderful visit to WDW! :)

We are a family of four ........ 2 adults ,1 child and 1 infant.How many beds would be in our room...are these king size or queen size??

We are a family of four ........ 2 adults ,1 child and 1 infant.How many beds would be in our room...are these king size or queen size??

You will be placed in a 2 bed room. Unfortunately, the value resorts do not have queen-sized bed, so each is full-size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter