The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

I was thinking this could be a better strategy. Aim for an afternoon and evening visit but stack in the morning for it. With us only doing one full MK day though I think we might just have to brave wait lines in the morning and stack for later in the day. We can’t rope drop that morning as we’re hoping for an Ohana breakfast before going to the park.
Have you considered rope dropping and then doing to latest possible breakfast? That is what we do, to make sure to take advantage of rope drop lines.

Have you considered rope dropping and then doing to latest possible breakfast? That is what we do, to make sure to take advantage of rope drop lines.
This might work better, I think the latest is 10.30 or 11 but we’ll being doing seats and treats in the evening so figured we’ll be losing a chunk of time there.

I was thinking maybe booking a 8am breakfast and making our first Genie+ for 9-10am, then stacking as we tap in, leaving around 1pm but booking genie+ attractions from 4pm onward upto our dessert party. Does this sound like we’d get much done this way?

It usually just refers to booking several genie+ attractions. For example, if you aren’t entering the park until afternoon or evening, you can go onto the app, book your first afternoon attraction at 7am, then book another two hours later, then another two hours after that essentially stacking the ride timings so they’re one after the next. When you then tap into the attraction you can stack another one.

This is how I understand it anyway and I may be wrong
If you book your first G+ LL before park open, the 2-hour rule lets you book your next two hours after park open, not two hours after booking the first. Tapping into your most-recently-booked G+ LL lets you book another. Tapping into an earlier-booked G+ LL does not.

If you book your first G+ LL before park open, the 2-hour rule lets you book your next two hours after park open, not two hours after booking the first. Tapping into your most-recently-booked G+ LL lets you book another. Tapping into an earlier-booked G+ LL does not.
Thank you, still lots to get my head around with Genie+.

So, I I book a genie+ at 7am for 4pm (assuming I’m trying to stack for the afternoon/evening) then park open at MK is 9am, I can’t book another until 11am then?

Then when I tap in for my 4pm ride, I can’t book another attraction as that isn’t my most recent ride booked?

Is this correct? Just trying to make sure I understand correctly.

Thank you, still lots to get my head around with Genie+.

So, I I book a genie+ at 7am for 4pm (assuming I’m trying to stack for the afternoon/evening) then park open at MK is 9am, I can’t book another until 11am then?

Then when I tap in for my 4pm ride, I can’t book another attraction as that isn’t my most recent ride booked?

Is this correct? Just trying to make sure I understand correctly.
Yes, yes and yes. I think you've got it!

We were having this doubt in another thread. At 7am I will be booking Jungle Cruise for a night return window lets say 7pm. 2 hours after park opens -11am- I can book a new G+ ride, lets say Splash Mountain with a return window 12-13 pm. Once I tap into Splash I can book my new G+ ride or do I have to wait for the 2 hours rule?

We were having this doubt in another thread. At 7am I will be booking Jungle Cruise for a night return window lets say 7pm. 2 hours after park opens -11am- I can book a new G+ ride, lets say Splash Mountain with a return window 12-13 pm. Once I tap into Splash I can book my new G+ ride or do I have to wait for the 2 hours rule?
No since it will be your most recently booked LL.

As soon as you tap into Splash, you can book another.

At 7 am, JC at most will go into early afternoon, not 7 pm (just looked at thrill data; I suppose if you wait a few mins it will go past 4 pm!)

I would suggest booking JC sometime between 9-11 am, tapping in (when you tap into the second turnstile you’re near loading btw) and super refresh for Big Thunder. At this time POC is easier to walk on (mostly shaded queue vs Big Thunder). Lunch break before or after Big Thunder depending on how close you can book.

Around 12:30 pm most rides will go into the early evening so you can start stacking (we start with Monsters, Buzz, Space and then have a LLI$ for SDMT, then Peter Pan and Haunted mansion for post fireworks).

Last edited:
At 7 am, JC at most will go into early afternoon, not 7 pm (just looked at thrill data; I suppose if you wait a few mins it will go past 4 pm!)

I would suggest booking JC sometime between 9-11 am, tapping in (when you tap into the second turnstile you’re near loading btw) and super refresh for Big Thunder. At this time POC is easier to walk on (mostly shaded queue vs Big Thunder). Lunch break before or after Big Thunder depending on how close you can book.

Around 12:30 pm most rides will go into the early evening so you can start stacking (we start with Monsters, Buzz, Space and then have a LLI$ for SDMT, then Peter Pan and Haunted mansion for post fireworks).
This is actually really helpful for my MK, so thank you for posting. We’re aiming to be at the park around 10am following our Ohana breakfast so good to know I can still book a Genie+ or two before we leave the park for an afternoon break and then stack for the late afternoon/evening.

If we stay off-site, will we miss out on the most popular ILL opportunities? For instance, everyone seems to indicate that ROTR ILL will be gone in minutes every day, so none would be available at park open. Is this true of this ride or any others.

We may stay on-site, and this could swing our decision. If it helps, we will be there in September.

If we stay off-site, will we miss out on the most popular ILL opportunities? For instance, everyone seems to indicate that ROTR ILL will be gone in minutes every day, so none would be available at park open. Is this true of this ride or any others.

We may stay on-site, and this could swing our decision. If it helps, we will be there in September.
ROTR does pop back up occasionally. It’s hard to grab and would make a difference if your party is smaller

https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/attraction/hollywood-studios/starwarsriseoftheresistance/

I would expect some changes August 7, and as things have been trending, probably a price jump or premier pass (like Paris).

We are planning Epcot morning and DHS evening will be stacking for evening but wondered if I can get a Remy LL for 9 and tap in, can I get next LL for DHS PM then or do I have to wait the 2 hrs til 10:30? TIA

This is actually really helpful for my MK, so thank you for posting. We’re aiming to be at the park around 10am following our Ohana breakfast so good to know I can still book a Genie+ or two before we leave the park for an afternoon break and then stack for the late afternoon/evening.
When is your ADR? Service has been really slow lately. Most of our ADRs took 2 hrs (in the past took less than 1.5 hr).

If you’re going during peak time (summer, holidays), then it will be harder to grab more LLs, but not impossible.

HS was the worst in terms of having to super refresh (and I completely forgot to book my next LL while enjoying a Fuzzy Tantan at Oga’s, was interrupted multiple times when I was super refreshing, then just forgot; was still able to get SDD (at 7 am), MMRR (had to refresh 40+ mins, TOT (took over 1 hr of refreshing) and TSMM (bought ROTR LLI$). My hands were cramping at the end of the day.

Even if something conflicts with an ADR, go ahead and book it as GET can change it (they make a fuss but if you don’t have anything booked they can’t help on errors).

We are planning Epcot morning and DHS evening will be stacking for evening but wondered if I can get a Remy LL for 9 and tap in, can I get next LL for DHS PM then or do I have to wait the 2 hrs til 10:30? TIA
Once you tap in you can book another pass right away. The issue is getting the early Remy pass (it will go fast).

When is your ADR? Service has been really slow lately. Most of our ADRs took 2 hrs (in the past took less than 1.5 hr).

If you’re going during peak time (summer, holidays), then it will be harder to grab more LLs, but not impossible.

HS was the worst in terms of having to super refresh (and I completely forgot to book my next LL while enjoying a Fuzzy Tantan at Oga’s, was interrupted multiple times when I was super refreshing, then just forgot; was still able to get SDD (at 7 am), MMRR (had to refresh 40+ mins, TOT (took over 1 hr of refreshing) and TSMM (bought ROTR LLI$). My hands were cramping at the end of the day.

Even if something conflicts with an ADR, go ahead and book it as GET can change it (they make a fuss but if you don’t have anything booked they can’t help on errors).
Good tip about ADRs taking longer A rough plan so far has an Ohana ADR for around 7.30/8am and was hoping to be at MK around 10am. Then stay at MK until around 2pm and head back to the resort until 4/5pm or so.

I had planned to book our first G+ ride around 7am for 10-11 then book another once we tap in. Was hoping to do Big Thunder, and Space Mountain on G+ then 7DMT as LL$ before 1pm - probably too ambitious and won’t work but won’t be the end of the world if not. Would be nice to maximise G+ and paid LL to try to get 3/4 rides done before heading back to the resort. Ideally would like to get Big Thunder, 7DMT, Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion done before doing back to the resort.

Then try to stack a few others for the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter