The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

Question about flying.... Do you guys usually fly coach or first class? My husband I are planning a trip in January, we are looking at airfare. What do you guys suggest?

Here's a trick I use to get a first/business class upgrade, and I know it's going to sound terrible to some people but oh well. I always buy a coach ticket, and when selecting my title from the drop down menu, I select "Dr." 9 times out of 10 if they have upgrades available for free at the gate, I get one based on my title and the fact that I fly without children... And no, I am not a Doctor at all. The first time I did it just because I thought being called Dr. in the airport would be good giggles. When I realized the perks, I've continued since. Dress semi-professionally. Dont lug a lot of bags. You'll have no problem getting a free upgrade if they're available.

Coach isnt so bad if you're allowed to select your seat, know who you'll be sitting next to, and the flight time isnt too long.

Here's a trick I use to get a first/business class upgrade, and I know it's going to sound terrible to some people but oh well. I always buy a coach ticket, and when selecting my title from the drop down menu, I select "Dr." 9 times out of 10 if they have upgrades available for free at the gate, I get one based on my title and the fact that I fly without children... And no, I am not a Doctor at all. The first time I did it just because I thought being called Dr. in the airport would be good giggles. When I realized the perks, I've continued since. Dress semi-professionally. Dont lug a lot of bags. You'll have no problem getting a free upgrade if they're available.

Coach isnt so bad if you're allowed to select your seat, know who you'll be sitting next to, and the flight time isnt too long.

Yep, bad idea. If there happened to be a medical emergency on board the aircraft, guess who they would be turning to for immediate emergency medical attention and care? Yep - the doctor on board. Hope you know CPR....

I am so excited for our next trip, last time I fit on everything we rode totally fine so I didn't even think to be worried. Then, I started reading up on the 7DMT and now I am sooooo worried about it. It is the one ride my girls are dying to ride. They've talked about it since we saw them building it on our last trip. :/ I know it would be super embarrassing to have to get off the ride for not fitting, but it would be even worse since my daughter would have to get off with me. I'm sure it would end in tears from her. I am going with my husband and our 2 girls, who will be 5 and 7 when we go.. both really tiny. I am 5'1, 275 lbs, pear shaped. xl shirt in mens, 1x shirt in womans, 24 in jeans. I hate to be the reason one of my girls can't ride. Any one around my size fit? Or should I just not even risk it?

I am 5'4" and 220, DH is 5'7" and 285, we rode together and did just fine.

Yep, bad idea. If there happened to be a medical emergency on board the aircraft, guess who they would be turning to for immediate emergency medical attention and care? Yep - the doctor on board. Hope you know CPR....
Phd not MD. There is sometimes a distinction on the drop down menus, sometimes there's not. Either way, works 9 out of 10. If there were ever a medical emergency and I was asked, I would clarify its a doctorate. It's risky in that sense, sure. But it's save me thousands.

I need some help re: purchasing a swimsuit. I am around a size 20 and would really like something with a skort (shorts underneath w/ skirt overlay) but have been unable to find a swimsuit like this. Has anyone else seen one or purchased a suit like this ??? Any help is appreciated!

I apologize if this is the wrong for thread for this question, but I am flying for the first time since 08 (also 2 kids ago). I keep reading threads on the boards where people are complaining about having to sit next to heavier people and saying they should have to buy a second seat. I'm pretty sure if I ended up sitting next to some of those people I would have ended up in tears.

It's making me a little anxious about flying. I never had a problem before, I only ever needed a seat belt extender on Delta. However, I am slightly heavier and my weight is distributed differently now. We will be flying Southwest and I'm just wondering if it's really necessary for me to buy a second seat? I'm about a size 20 / 22.

I am probably around your size or slightly heavier than you and did not have a problem flying Southwest seated next to my husband. He is also Pooh-sized, but he carries it more in his stomach, so he fits just fine into a seat and does not mind if I encroach on his seat slightly. Previously, I would sit next to the window, and he would sit in the middle. Now that we have a LO in a car seat, I can sit in the middle too. You said "we" in your post, so I am assuming you are traveling with someone else and maybe what we did will work for you.

Also, not sure if anyone else said this (didn't read all the posts yet), but if you do buy a second seat, you can get refunded the cost if you ask according to their policy: https://www.southwest.com/html/generated/help/faqs/extra_seat_policy_faq.html

Question about flying.... Do you guys usually fly coach or first class? My husband I are planning a trip in January, we are looking at airfare. What do you guys suggest?

Coach...not about to waste the extra money to fly first class to Orlando since it's only a two hour flight for me.

I am so excited for our next trip, last time I fit on everything we rode totally fine so I didn't even think to be worried. Then, I started reading up on the 7DMT and now I am sooooo worried about it. It is the one ride my girls are dying to ride. They've talked about it since we saw them building it on our last trip. :/ I know it would be super embarrassing to have to get off the ride for not fitting, but it would be even worse since my daughter would have to get off with me. I'm sure it would end in tears from her. I am going with my husband and our 2 girls, who will be 5 and 7 when we go.. both really tiny. I am 5'1, 275 lbs, pear shaped. xl shirt in mens, 1x shirt in womans, 24 in jeans. I hate to be the reason one of my girls can't ride. Any one around my size fit? Or should I just not even risk it?

I think you will be okay. I am taller than you and probably bigger than you overall, and I fit just fine. It's a little tight, but that's more about leg room than anything else.

While I don't know how I feel about what she did, I disagree with what you said here. I have several people I know who are PhD and would be Dr. So-and-so, even though they don't have a medical degree.

I need some help re: purchasing a swimsuit. I am around a size 20 and would really like something with a skort (shorts underneath w/ skirt overlay) but have been unable to find a swimsuit like this. Has anyone else seen one or purchased a suit like this ??? Any help is appreciated!

I haven't bought one like this recently, but the last time I did, I believe I got it in the plus-sized section at Sears.

I haven't bought one like this recently, but the last time I did, I believe I got it in the plus-sized section at Sears.
Thank you! I looked there over the weekend and also online and didn't see one for my size. I wish they made one of the empire waisted swimsuits w/ shorts underneath. I was thinking the skort and top may work just as well.

I need some help re: purchasing a swimsuit. I am around a size 20 and would really like something with a skort (shorts underneath w/ skirt overlay) but have been unable to find a swimsuit like this. Has anyone else seen one or purchased a suit like this ??? Any help is appreciated![/QUOTE

Personally I would either go with a one piece with the skirt attached or buy a 2 piece tankini that you can choose the top and the bottoms separately. www.torrid.com has some suits like this and www.alwaysforme.com - just depends on how much you are willing to pay. I usually go to Torrid because they are always running a discount or something to help ease the pricing.

Land's End has styles like those, not exactly skorts though and pricey. They have swim skirts. http://www.landsend.com/shop/womens-swimsuits/-/N-fxm?Nrpp=24

I bought my last 2 bathing suits at onestopplus (now called full beauty) for my October Cruise, and I loved them. I've found to size up on swim suits in general as they always seems to run small:

http://www.onestopplus.com/Plus-Size-One-Piece-Suits.aspx?DeptId=20421&RedirectKeyword=Bathing suits

They always have good coupon codes I get signing up for their emails. Current code:

*Here’s how to use your promo code to get 20% off highest-priced item + 30% 2nd highest-priced item with 3 items or more + 40% off 3rd highest-priced item with 5 items or more.
1. Triple coupon will apply as follow: Place one or more eligible items into your shopping bag to get 20% off your 1st highest-priced item; Place three or more eligible items into your shopping bag to get 20% off your 1st highest-priced item and 30% off your 2nd highest-priced item; Place five or more eligible items into your shopping bag to get 20% off your 1st highest-priced item, 30% off your 2nd highest-priced item and 40% off your 3rd highest-priced item.
2. Type the promo code FBSMILE2 into the promotion code box at checkout, then click apply.
3. The discount will automatically be applied to your order, if eligible.
4. Continue shopping or begin checkout.

Promo code restrictions: Not usable for cash, or applicable to payment of prior bills or charges. Not valid for prior purchases, Aerosoles, Alight, Angelique, Gem Avenue, Lunaire, Elomi, Grenier, Carol Wior, City Chic, IGIGI, Kiyonna, Torrid, Ulla Popken, Sealed With A Kiss Designs, Sydney’s Closet, SwimsuitsForAll, ShopitFashion, handbags, jewelry, fragrances, costumes, home, kitchen, Plus + Size Living, clearance, outlet, items delivered from the merchant, or gift cards & e-gift cards. Offer ends 11:59 PM (EST) Sunday, 3/29/15.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest