The end of Fastpass forever?

cdurham1

Most magical at the most magical place on Earth
DVC Platinum
Seems like a great transition time for Disney to do away with Fastpass for good. And in all likelihood replace it with something that will be, net, much more expensive than what they are currently doing

I would expect once we get past this, whenever that is, and the parks are back to full capacity, we will see FP or something similar return.
I doubt the virtual queue will be the final answer. It doesn't take enough people out of the main areas.

I think this is perfect opportunity for disney to introduce a new fastpass system. Once we are past Covid phase 3, I think they will start charging for them in some way.

Fastpasses are an excellent tool for crowd control and guest recovery. They'll be back.

tenor.gif

Disney doesn't offer FastPasses out of the goodness of their hearts. It helps the bottom line and is a huge reason why people purchase things like Park Hoppers, special edition MagicBands and so on.

Yeah they don't want guests standing in line for long amounts of time b/c that keeps them from buying food, drink, souvenirs etc. There are way more reasons for them to keep FP in it's current or even an updated/better version as soon as they can.

I doubt they get rid of FPs after this. My question is how are they going to handle RotR boarding groups. If you have to have a reservation to get into the park are you going to have staggered entry times? If so, you can't have the system they had before the closure.

Seems like a great transition time for Disney to do away with Fastpass for good. And in all likelihood replace it with something that will be, net, much more expensive than what they are currently doing
No...Disney is about money, and they have officially stated that they like the FP system because gives guests more time to shop and spend money. Plus, the FP is a great future moneymaker as they charge for extra fast passes (which they already do for club level). To do away with them would have them make less money, an anathema to their business plan.

No...Disney is about money, and they have officially stated that they like the FP system because gives guests more time to shop and spend money. Plus, the FP is a great future moneymaker as they charge for extra fast passes (which they already do for club level). To do away with them would have them make less money, an anathema to their business plan.

Yup, guest don’t spend money on food or souvenirs in line. This is how FP+ or Virtual Ques Benefit Disney

Making FP also locks you into park attendance for a given day. I mean, you COULD change the day of, but most people who go through the process of reserving their rides 60 or 30 days ahead of time are going to show up. Disney likes to know how many guests will be at a given location at a particular time/date, so they can staff accordingly. If there’s one thing Disney loves almost as much as money, it’s data.

Yup, guest don’t spend money on food or souvenirs in line. This is how FP+ or Virtual Ques Benefit Disney
Can anyone tell me the plan for right now?
I know there are no FP+ but is there anything or is it all regular stand by?
tia

Can anyone tell me the plan for right now?
I know there are no FP+ but is there anything or is it all regular stand by?
tia
Apparently, it's all stand by. As far as we know. I think the plan is to use the entire queue space to allow for better social distancing. I think the idea is that the park attendance will be limited enough that the lines will move fairly quickly.

It will sort of be like EMH or a party night. No FP, but standby moves much faster because no one is cutting the lines with their FP, plus lower park capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter