The end of Fastpass forever?

I wouldn’t be surprised if they used this as a spring board to charging for FPs.

Then they'd make money from the FP, but they'd lose the data of knowing who is going to be in which park on which day at what time, and they'd lose park guests. Lots of people are priced out of Disney. We are likely heading into a recession, possibly a depression to rival the 30s. Even after the virus is under control, there are many jobs that just aren't going to come back.

Right now we're not seeing discounts or promos because Disney needs to keep attendance down. At some point, Disney is going to want more bodies in the park to increase profits. They'll need to offer incentives to make a WDW trip seem worthwhile. Making people chose between paying more for FP or squandering their whole vacation waiting in line is not the way to bring people back.

Maybe they could just revise the FP+ system? MP at DLR is absolutely fantastic. It's not free, but I'd rather pay for that than get FP+ for free. I wish WDW would adopt something similar to that.

Since I know how to maximize the FP system, I like it, and I like not having to pay extra for it.

But as long as Disney is keeping capacity low, I'd rather have all standby. I'd rather stand in more lines that move quickly, than get through a few rides quickly for my FP/MP and wait in ridiculous standby lines because all the people with passes keep moving to the front.

I feel like it's more efficient to just go from this ride right to the next ride, rather than trying to take into account reservation windows. Yeah, the wait is shorter with FP, but there is a bit of trying to figure out how to fill the time until your next window opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter