The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Thank you, I still have prayers going for Mallory. Sending hugs and hope Mallory will be feeling good soon. Chicken & rice sounds good. We use to feed our little Cindy that. Good luck on your remodel task.

Another county here that is not a fan of the oversized ads.

On Other Fronts Katie is doing well. Our regular vet has her on a pain killer that needs to taken with food so Lucille is breaking in half an mixing with her dinner. She considers dinner the best 45 seconds of the day. She spit shines her bowl none the wiser. We went and saw Dr Sandy on Saturday and got the exactly the same recommendations that Dr Ann our regular vet gave us. So Tuesday Katie and I took a ride to Pa to do consult with the Surgeon, and she is slated for Surgery on Aug 10th. They will debris from where the Socket on her hip should be and adjust the tendons to hold her leg closer so she now will have a false joint.
Her knee is also problematic ie the knee cap because of the hip problems pops in out of place so we are having that taken care of as well.

Glad there is a plan for your pup. I know its tough, I recall when brandy had to repair her knee after a tear at 8 and I was so worried. Hopefully you can keep her comfortable till then and through her recovery.

Mike a three legged dog can move quick. Our first dog, Bear, had knee surgery twice. He could not put weight on it but still moved. Glad Katie is feeling better.

Glad there is a plan for your pup. I know its tough, I recall when brandy had to repair her knee after a tear at 8 and I was so worried. Hopefully you can keep her comfortable till then and through her recovery.
The pain meds she is on must be doing a heck of a job as she isn't slowing down a bit. She does stairs more easily and circles the island at dinner time without losing a step. She goes nuts when I come home and does her bounce dance at cookie time.
Mike a three legged dog can move quick. Our first dog, Bear, had knee surgery twice. He could not put weight on it but still moved. Glad Katie is feeling better.
Kris prognosis from all 3 vets is she will have a limp likely not bad but pain will be gone and she should have full use of the leg. We elected to do knee now as it will also only get worse and would need to be done within 2 years. Doing it now saves her from second surgery down the road. She will love rehab half swim half treadmill in the tank

it was marathon weekend registration day. I am signed up for the 10k and the Marathon. Bert is in for the Half. I am not sure why I did not just sign up for Dopey i will be up 3 of the 4 days. The first race to sell out was the 5k in about 45 minutes. The second race to sell out was the Half in about an hour and a half.

About a week before we went on our trip last month a discovered that my rear/bedroom AC wasn't blowing cold air any longer. I stopped at the shop to expedite an AC replacement. I made it through the trip by lowering the temp in the front and putting a box fan in the hall.
Just to let you all know, there is a shortage of AC units now. Some have been waiting for a year for a replacement. From what I have been told, the supply problem is only with the low profile roof air units they use on a lot of class A's. Mine happens to be a Coleman 15k. The guy I use for parts has said he can still get the larger AC's they use on trailers and 5th wheels. The units I have are sealed and aren't designed to be repaired or recharged.
So I guess this is just a note for those of you who have, or have just picked up your Class A. Keep your fingers crossed that your AC units last at least until the supply shortage is over.

About a week before we went on our trip last month a discovered that my rear/bedroom AC wasn't blowing cold air any longer. I stopped at the shop to expedite an AC replacement. I made it through the trip by lowering the temp in the front and putting a box fan in the hall.
Just to let you all know, there is a shortage of AC units now. Some have been waiting for a year for a replacement. From what I have been told, the supply problem is only with the low profile roof air units they use on a lot of class A's. Mine happens to be a Coleman 15k. The guy I use for parts has said he can still get the larger AC's they use on trailers and 5th wheels. The units I have are sealed and aren't designed to be repaired or recharged.
So I guess this is just a note for those of you who have, or have just picked up your Class A. Keep your fingers crossed that your AC units last at least until the supply shortage is over.

We have basement air, so trying to maintain it and keep it running, since they no longer make them.

Ours died in southern IN during 90+ temps a month ago. Went through quite a course of events with a local repair shop trying to get things resolved. Heard much the same as you, supply issues, with low profiles being severely backordered. Like yours, ours was sealed, but the shop had an HVAC guy that was willing to put in a port for recharging in order to get us back on the road. Unfortunately, the compressor was dead, so that wasn't an option either. Because we are a trailer, a full size 15k Coleman was all we needed, so he was able to get one and have it installed the next morning.

Supply chain items are tough, they where already getting problematic in some cases before the pandemic went full swing. Right now we are waiting sometimes 90-180 days for "optics" which are the fiber modules used on high speed switch connections. We used to wait around 7-10 days for the same items.

@PaHunter I thought the basement air units used more universal components?

We are currently looking at sometime in April 2022 for our next visit, this would be on our DVC points, next RV trip is at least summer 2023 if we don't book one sooner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter