The CP/CM Costume Pictures Thread

World of Disney in Downtown Disney (I'm on the far right)
These costumes were not comfy! But I think it was mainly because I could never find my size. Some of the pants were old and very recycled (some said epcot on the tags). The # that was supposed to stand for the length, meant nothing. For the women, the style assumes the ladies have small waists and HUGE butts and hips. I always said if I wanted to steal something, all I had to do was stuff it down my pants. Haha! I found 2 pairs that fit "well," I kept them and washed them myself. The shirts in Disney are made "unisex", so if you have a bigger bust area, you have to go up a size in shirts so they won't gap.
When I first started, the trainers told us: "You'll be working so hard, you won't care what you are wearing!" It was so true.
BBB2.jpg

When I first started, they didn't have enough costumes! I had to get pants that were too big and too short. And my shirt was 2 Sizes big and I had to get long sleeves in August. I found it pretty humorous! :laughing:
uniform.png

(BTW, that is a lovely Vista Way couch in the background...before we slip covered it!)

:lovestruc Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Downtown Disney:lovestruc
It was comfy for the most part. It was awesome because the costume was made to fit women's curves. The elastic in the sleeves bothered me a bit. The vest was heavy and could be hot some days when working in the back stock area. My roommate worked in the Boutique at MK and had the same skirt and shiney shirt. Only her vest was a blue shade and styled slightly different. princess:
BBB3.jpg

Look how well we made over this princess!:
BBB1.jpg

Joking :rotfl:

Hope nobody minds if I crash the party. I was on the CP back in 1991. I worked tickets at EPCOT Center, as it was known back then. Our costumes were definitely not comfortable. They were 100% polyester, or at least they felt like it.:rotfl2:
Here I am at International Gateway. This costume was the lesser of the two evils.
internationalgateway.jpg

Here are some other cast members hanging out in the front office. Take note of the spiffy, silver jacket.:thumbsup2
Epcotfrontgate.jpg

Here is a lady I worked with who was super skinny. I drew an arrow to the seams that ran down the front (and back) of the thigh. They were soooo unflattering to those of us that had a little meat on our bones.
Epcot.jpg

Buzz.jpg

hardest, heavest and uber expensive...but still one cool toy ;)

Are the costumes mostly made out of comfortable materials? Cotton?

:laughing: Bwahahaha..... I just checked out a new costume today and I was surprised that two parts of it were only 65% polyester...the third part of the costume was 80%! It's like wearing an outfit made out of a paper grocery bag, lol. But I do look pretty magical in it! princess:

Here is me with my current costume:
11-29pictures250.jpg

I know you Joanna! :wave2: You were one of my friend's roommate's in Fall 06. And we worked one or two shifts at MK together. I was in Main St. ops and Entertainment.

Anyhow... here's my Main St. costume... including a mens vest b/c by the time I got it long enough in the womens it was also wide enough for three of me. With the hat, I was a conductor on the train. Without the hat I worked PAC.

263487956_gUqNt-M.jpg

263488523_UBwvx-M.jpg

263489162_y3mGd-M.jpg

I know you Joanna! :wave2: You were one of my friend's roommate's in Fall 06. And we worked one or two shifts at MK together. I was in Main St. ops and Entertainment.

Really?? Who? My Fall 06 roomies have been my favorite roomies so far.

Did we work together doing Ops or Entertainment? I loved picking up PAC shifts. In fact, I still have some friends there. And I miss Character Attendant so much (I just got back from working).

Really?? Who? My Fall 06 roomies have been my favorite roomies so far.

Ali...

Did we work together doing Ops or Entertainment? I loved picking up PAC shifts. In fact, I still have some friends there. And I miss Character Attendant so much (I just got back from working).

We worked together doing Entertianment. You were my attendant! :goodvibes

:laughing: Bwahahaha..... I just checked out a new costume today and I was surprised that two parts of it were only 65% polyester...the third part of the costume was 80%! It's like wearing an outfit made out of a paper grocery bag, lol. But I do look pretty magical in it! princess:

Oh man, thats terribly unfortunate... and cruel!!!

Remind me if I ever win the lottery, to submit a huge chunk of it to updating CM costumes. haha.

Do you guys feel that its sooo uncomfortable that its distracting from your job?

my costume was polyester like everyone else. It was extremely uncomfortable except for in the summer. It was really warm out the material would stick to you and feel kind of scratchy. Plus they werent cool at all. But it was doable and I worked during July and August. Basically dont except to be setting a fashion statement while there.

I am not a CP but I was FT at Disney until February and am now Seasonal. I am college-aged so i figured I count in this post :D

*most* of the people in this photo are actually CPs or IPs. This is our Fantasyland attractions costume, complete with the Pooh-skin coat!
n1405753508_30024960_1684.jpg

Me in the Pirate&Princess Party costume (for treat runner):
n843363119_331005_5187.jpg

Me n my friend Everett (who used to be a CP but turned FT) in the great Movie Ride costume (I HATE this one...you will see why below)
n843363119_330661_2126.jpg

Me in the preferred version of GMR-oldskool!!!
n843363119_331168_3524.jpg

If there are any IPs out there here are some of your costumes:
n731070580_4109678_4840.jpg

^^^There is the male UK (THAT is my fiance:lovestruc ), female UK, female Norway, female Mexico, and i *think* the last female is Japan. Not positive.

n731070580_4109680_7198.jpg

^^Female Norway, Male UK :-)lovestruc ), male germany, and male Morracco

:wizard:

I am not a CP but I was FT at Disney until February and am now Seasonal. I am college-aged so i figured I count in this post :D

*most* of the people in this photo are actually CPs or IPs. This is our Fantasyland attractions costume, complete with the Pooh-skin coat!
n1405753508_30024960_1684.jpg

Me in the Pirate&Princess Party costume (for treat runner):
n843363119_331005_5187.jpg

Me n my friend Everett (who used to be a CP but turned FT) in the great Movie Ride costume (I HATE this one...you will see why below)
n843363119_330661_2126.jpg

Me in the preferred version of GMR-oldskool!!!
n843363119_331168_3524.jpg

If there are any IPs out there here are some of your costumes:
n731070580_4109678_4840.jpg

^^^There is the male UK (THAT is my fiance:lovestruc ), female UK, female Norway, female Mexico, and i *think* the last female is Japan. Not positive.

n731070580_4109680_7198.jpg

^^Female Norway, Male UK :-)lovestruc ), male germany, and male Morracco

:wizard:

I think we had you as our tour guide for the GMR in July. I remember Everett was our tour guide in May. I was wondering why alot of the cast members for GMR wear their pins almost on their shoulder, I just noticed it a lot the last time we were there in July.

I think we had you as our tour guide for the GMR in July. I remember Everett was our tour guide in May. I was wondering why alot of the cast members for GMR wear their pins almost on their shoulder, I just noticed it a lot the last time we were there in July.

I bet those were the best shows of your life!:thumbsup2 No don't answer that :rotfl2:

hahahahaha that's because that is where the geniuses who designed that "lovely" and "comfortable" costume decided to put our name-badge slots (where some costumes have the little holes and you are suppsoed to put your badge pin through them) and we were told we must use them:rolleyes: I hate this costume. lol.

I bet those were the best shows of your life!:thumbsup2 No don't answer that :rotfl2:

hahahahaha that's because that is where the geniuses who designed that "lovely" and "comfortable" costume decided to put our name-badge slots (where some costumes have the little holes and you are suppsoed to put your badge pin through them) and we were told we must use them:rolleyes: I hate this costume. lol.

Hahaha, you and Everett were really good, I've been to Disney about 3 times in the past year and a half and I only had one girl on that ride who was terrible, I don't remember her name but she sped through most the lines to the point where you couldn't understand her and just didn't even seem to enjoy it. The new costumes I think look kind of cool, I can see how the older ones fit the theme better, but the thing with the nametag looks really weird. At first I thought somebody probably just didn't realize where they placed it and then i noticed it on multiple people and I was like "wait a minute......maybe thats how they're supposed to wear them?" haha

Hahaha, you and Everett were really good, I've been to Disney about 3 times in the past year and a half and I only had one girl on that ride who was terrible, I don't remember her name but she sped through most the lines to the point where you couldn't understand her and just didn't even seem to enjoy it. The new costumes I think look kind of cool, I can see how the older ones fit the theme better, but the thing with the nametag looks really weird. At first I thought somebody probably just didn't realize where they placed it and then i noticed it on multiple people and I was like "wait a minute......maybe thats how they're supposed to wear them?" haha

The people who designed our new costumes had NEVER BEEN TO GMR AT ALL :D

Consider this:

Our old costume (besides fitting them theme and being cute IMHO) had short sleeves inside and a shirt to go over it outside-a choice of long or short.
Wonder why?
GMR is one of the only rides lacking that beautiful AC Disney attractions are known for, due to our high level of explosive substances used in the show!!!

The people finally came to see the ride AFTER the cosumtes were in use and asked a CM if they liked it. They said no. The designer asks why. The designer says, "We gave you guys long sleeves inside because all Disney rides have high airconditioning!" O_O

Also the jackets make some of our blocking difficult and look silly. As in, raising your arms when the Sheriff points his gun at you? I'm sure you can imagine what that looks like if you hadn't already seen it, and if your sleeves are tight it is very uncomfortable. We don't really have a choice when it comes to what size to wear because it needs to fit properly but these aren't tailored like a suit jacket is supposed to be, obviously, since everyone shares them.

It SQUASHES my chest because my chest is too large for a S but my body is too small for a M...

We have no hat indoors any longer but still have an outdoor hat so hat hair on the shows is an issue

Among other complaints

lol:rotfl:

The people who designed our new costumes had NEVER BEEN TO GMR AT ALL :D

Consider this:

Our old costume (besides fitting them theme and being cute IMHO) had short sleeves inside and a shirt to go over it outside-a choice of long or short.
Wonder why?
GMR is one of the only rides lacking that beautiful AC Disney attractions are known for, due to our high level of explosive substances used in the show!!!

The people finally came to see the ride AFTER the cosumtes were in use and asked a CM if they liked it. They said no. The designer asks why. The designer says, "We gave you guys long sleeves inside because all Disney rides have high airconditioning!" O_O

Also the jackets make some of our blocking difficult and look silly. As in, raising your arms when the Sheriff points his gun at you? I'm sure you can imagine what that looks like if you hadn't already seen it, and if your sleeves are tight it is very uncomfortable. We don't really have a choice when it comes to what size to wear because it needs to fit properly but these aren't tailored like a suit jacket is supposed to be, obviously, since everyone shares them.

It SQUASHES my chest because my chest is too large for a S but my body is too small for a M...

We have no hat indoors any longer but still have an outdoor hat so hat hair on the shows is an issue

Among other complaints

lol:rotfl:

Oh, that is pretty lame, I actually never realized there was no AC in there. Question, do you guys just put the vehicles in gear on the ride? Cause last year when "Mugsy" took over at one point (I think right during the Raiders Scene) the car broke down for a few minutes and wouldn't move she played around with it for a bit and then it started working again, it was pretty impressive cause she managed to stay in character the entire time, also do you guys swap who hosts and who does the Gangster or Cowboy parts?

Ewww...when did they switch costumes? That's so depressing; the GMR costumes were one of my favorites! Who would think ANYONE working at Disney needs to be in a long-sleeve jacket???

Also I *think* the girl in your "international" picture that you thought was from Japan is actually in the Mexico uniform, not that it really matters, and I could be wrong!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter