The CP/CM Costume Pictures Thread

I just have to say that I LOVE the BBB Hostess uniforms. I wish I could wear one

If you get a position at MK you can actually check them out from costuming as there's no restrictions on costumes provided that it's a female costume. However, you will be responsible for returning them, and they're make almost entirely out of polyester, so they may look cute, but they were awful to wear.

The skirts were too long (especially when you have to go up and down 3 flights of stairs), and you had to wear knee high stockings with them. Then you had to pin the stupid circlet to your head super tight so it'd stay on. And for a lot of the FGITs who had a bust line, the tops would gap at the buttons around the ****s. And the lace on the sleeves is itchy!

True ... but, at least Toontown is a reasonably comfortable costume to wear. Yes they're heavy, but the cut/fit on them is much better than some costumes I've worn. Plus they have the advantage of if you want to go out after work, you don't need to bring an extra pair of pants/shorts.

omg. there was nothing i liked about toontown costume. I was QSR so i always had to wear it outside, and alot of times with the hot frozen lemonade machines blowing on your legs. . .ughh. I have the hugest hips, it didn't flatter me at all!

The skirts were too long (especially when you have to go up and down 3 flights of stairs), and you had to wear knee high stockings with them. Then you had to pin the stupid circlet to your head super tight so it'd stay on. And for a lot of the FGITs who had a bust line, the tops would gap at the buttons around the ****s. And the lace on the sleeves is itchy!

My roomie worked at the BBB in the castle and she had to buy some rubbery thingies to put in her bras because she couldnt fill out the costume.

When I worked in the BBB, the sleeves were indeed super itchy! So often I wish I could've altered my shirts and put some lining where the elastic was. The headpiece was awesome because it could easily cover a bad hair day! They also had several different lengths of skirts for our location. That was pretty nifty.

If you get a position at MK you can actually check them out from costuming as there's no restrictions on costumes provided that it's a female costume. However, you will be responsible for returning them, and they're make almost entirely out of polyester, so they may look cute, but they were awful to wear.

Actually there are restrictions, you have to have permission to get out a costume that isn't from your area :( They will want to speak to a manager or something.

oh i remember the emporium costumes.

Brown/Blue plaid long skirts with a blue cumberbund(sp?) at the top
a cream blouse that had a peter pan collar and lace on it
the short sleeves were basically 3/4 sleeve and had lace on them too
and how can you forget the tie that seemed like it was from the 70s

omg. there was nothing i liked about toontown costume. I was QSR so i always had to wear it outside, and alot of times with the hot frozen lemonade machines blowing on your legs. . .ughh. I have the hugest hips, it didn't flatter me at all!

Disney Costumes are not meant to flatter anybody. I don't mind the shorts (if I have the option to wear shorts, I will, so I've never tried the Toontown long pants), and the shirt is more comfortable than the Fantasyland shirts. (Also more comfortable than the shirts at LMA, HISK, Backlot Tour, and Playhouse/Mermaid), plus it has a pocket on the shirt, which is more than I can say for my current shirt (MK Attractions Coordinator)

If anyone keeps an eye out for trends, you may of noticed that plaid (red and black plaid, to be exact) is EVERYWHERE. On jackets, celebrities, purses, scarves, Victoria Secret underwear even! This all seemed to of happened within the past year, WHILE I was working in the World Showcase wearing this spectacular and totally hip ensemble :

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

If that doesn't scream fashion, make sure you note the hiking boots! Haha, so much fun. Guests would always comment asking if that's what all Canadians wear. Usually I would reply that they are special occasion shoes only meant for Canadian tap dancing, and then would tap dance ridiculously and clunk around and stomp... and kids would usually join me. Haha, I had faaar too much fun.

I am not a CP but I was FT at Disney until February and am now Seasonal. I am college-aged so i figured I count in this post :D

If there are any IPs out there here are some of your costumes:
n731070580_4109678_4840.jpg

^^^There is the male UK (THAT is my fiance:lovestruc ), female UK, female Norway, female Mexico, and i *think* the last female is Japan. Not positive.

:wizard:

I was on the international program and did that show! In fact, I did it with those people! The tall Norweigan girl was in my arrival group! But ahhh, the overnight training was killer and COLD but so fun!

And yes, that's the female Kidcot cast member for Japan. The rest of the Japanese (and Morroccan, actually) cast members are hired separately from the Int. Cultural Rep Program (don't know the details) but those hired to work Kidcot and KIDCOT ONLY are IP's and live in the Commons with us :)

Don't get me wrong, I adooored Kidcot, but more than a couple hours there (which happens when one gets stuck in rotation) can wear you down!

If that doesn't scream fashion, make sure you note the hiking boots! Haha, so much fun. Guests would always comment asking if that's what all Canadians wear. Usually I would reply that they are special occasion shoes only meant for Canadian tap dancing, and then would tap dance ridiculously and clunk around and stomp... and kids would usually join me. Haha, I had faaar too much fun.

:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl:

Lol thats so funny! I had to wear hiking boots working at Expedition Everest in Animal Kingdom (yay expedition "guides") and one of my roomies had to wear them working at Big Thunder Mountain. Ah fun times. If anyone ever gets a role where they have to wear hiking boots....WATCH OUT FOR WAL-MART ONES some of them suck. I ended up getting a new pair from the Timberland outlet, LOVE THEM. I was surprised they even sold hiking boots...IN FLORIDA hehe.

Anyone have pictures of these costumes:

Pirates of the Character
Peter Pan's Great Flight
Dr. Seuss Ride [not sure on the name of the ride's name]

Pirates of the Character
Peter Pan's Great Flight

When you say Pirates of the Character- did you want Pirates of the Caribbean, or Character Attendant? If it's character attendant, I have that. If it's Pirates of the Caribbean, I can try to find one.

I have a picture for Peter Pan (and the other Fantasyland attractions- they all use the same costume). It was from when I was in merchandise (they used to share the same costume). Here it is (the one with the green shorts):
P5301657.jpg

Dr. Seuss is Universal Studios. But I can try to find one.

Pirates of the Character
Peter Pan's Great Flight

you will not need to worry about the Dr. Suess ride because it is in Universal and Disney CPs dont get that attraction, lol :goodvibes

Heres my Main Street USA costume. I worked at the Emporium.
mecostume.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl:

Lol thats so funny! I had to wear hiking boots working at Expedition Everest in Animal Kingdom (yay expedition "guides") and one of my roomies had to wear them working at Big Thunder Mountain. Ah fun times. If anyone ever gets a role where they have to wear hiking boots....WATCH OUT FOR WAL-MART ONES some of them suck. I ended up getting a new pair from the Timberland outlet, LOVE THEM. I was surprised they even sold hiking boots...IN FLORIDA hehe.

Oh, the merchies and attractions cast in Canada feel your woes! I got mine at target for 60$ (and they dont pay us back for them, so I was a little irked!) but the greatest thing is that I got my revenge to those horrid shoes. There are maaaany traditions for the cast working in merch in the pavillion and for those attractions cast in in the 'cave' and one of my favourites was saying goodbye to those suckers in a creative way.

Sometimes, for soooome reason beyond us ;) , they would end up in the waterfalls and children would point them out to us. If I was having a rough day I told them that was the remains of the last person to make fun of Canadian accents! Bahahaha, but in a cheerful non-scary way because it's a favourite joke of mine.

Maintenance didn't like getting calls about shoes plugging up the waterfalls, thouugh. :/

you will not need to worry about the Dr. Suess ride because it is in Universal and Disney CPs dont get that attraction, lol :goodvibes

oh oops i forgot, i keep forgetting which place it was in,

and thanks for the pictures! :D

Hi there! Could someone please post a picture of the costuming cast member costume? That sounds so funny! Thanks all

There are maaaany traditions for the cast working in merch in the pavillion and for those attractions cast in in the 'cave' and one of my favourites was saying goodbye to those suckers in a creative way.

Sometimes, for soooome reason beyond us ;) , they would end up in the waterfalls and children would point them out to us. If I was having a rough day I told them that was the remains of the last person to make fun of Canadian accents! Bahahaha, but in a cheerful non-scary way because it's a favourite joke of mine.

Maintenance didn't like getting calls about shoes plugging up the waterfalls, thouugh. :/

That's the best thing I've heard all day. Besides, I happen to think Canadian accents are cute. LoL

Anyone know what the outfit for Zawadi Marketplace in DAKL looks like? That's where I'll be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter