The Book Of Boba Fett

OK, this series has really taken a turn. Kids who glue robot parts to their faces and ride around on primary color bikes? Not sure the series needed these Harry Potter rejects, but they're not doing anything to enhance a Star Wars storyline.

I thought they were cool - very cyberpunk! The bikes are awesome with their retro styling too. I would like to know a bit more about them. Interestingly, I believe their enhancements were voluntary and not a matter of necessity.

I thought they were cool - very cyberpunk! The bikes are awesome with their retro styling too. I would like to know a bit more about them. Interestingly, I believe their enhancements were voluntary and not a matter of necessity.
Cool, maybe. But they took me more out of the story than pulling me in. The whole chase sequence at the end of the episode was only written in so they could ride their bikes. I seem to remember a biker gang (maybe?) in one of the novels a few years ago, and they seemed to be a better fit than these random kids. The whole water storyline was a pointless way to shoe horn in some of the crew's kids, more than likely.

Cool, maybe. But they took me more out of the story than pulling me in. The whole chase sequence at the end of the episode was only written in so they could ride their bikes. I seem to remember a biker gang (maybe?) in one of the novels a few years ago, and they seemed to be a better fit than these random kids. The whole water storyline was a pointless way to shoe horn in some of the crew's kids, more than likely.

I think the Nikto biker gang is more like the previously seen one (in Shadows of the Empire I believe). This was just something new and to help Fett build his crew. He's creating a new family to replace the ones that he has lost.

Last edited:
OK, this series has really taken a turn. Kids who glue robot parts to their faces and ride around on primary color bikes? Not sure the series needed these Harry Potter rejects, but they're not doing anything to enhance a Star Wars storyline.
I've heard some rumbling about that on-line. Also, some have taken issue with the Black Krrsantan scene...

Watched two and a half episodes. Done. Beyond tedious and boring. Even the uber hot Ming Na Wen can’t save this dung heap.
It's the Mandalorian Part whatever at this point. I don't care for the friends-of-the-director being cast as aliens and using their regular, awful voices. When they made the mask for Bib Fortuna, it was a great alien sculpt. Now they just stick those headpieces onto anyone and everyone, paint their face in the same color, and use a head harness/hat thing to hide the join. Laziest damn thing I've seen in the Star Wars universe. Hell, they did it in the Return of the Jedi special edition. Just.... blech.

DH and I get up at 5AM to watch it before work, and I think I'm going to have to stop that. I don't think I"m awake enough to take it all in. We re-watch it later in the day, either at lunch, or in the evening, and I realize I am missing all kinds of conversations and details on the first watch. That happens to me a lot though with SW movies too, so I have to have a 2nd, 3rd viewing to really appreciate. Hubby and I debate and discuss SW on a daily basis, and we've talked more about this series than most others....ha. I like it, but are struggling with some of the plot, other characters, storyline....not at all the Boba Fett we expected, especially me, He's my second favorite character ever, so I'm adjusting to his development here. I can't wait to see how it all plays out, and where he goes from here. Love Black Krrsantin, and want to see more. Fett seems to be building his group of fighters, so also hoping SO much to see other familiar bounty hunter faces....Dave Filoni is supposed to direct/write the 6th episode, so wondering what characters we'll see then.

Last edited:
Reactions: GAN
That was a great episode! Way better than last week!!! Love the music at the end.....

See, and I felt it was a little short with some predictible beats. It was good, but I liked episode 3 better - though I know I am in the minority on that!

Okay, a little more to talk about:

This episode was shorter than most, but that's okay. It ws interesting to see that Boba Fett knew the Mods from before, at least in passing and that he brought Fennic there. I was under the impression tha tthey maybe didn't get the best parts/work done, but maybe that's not the case. Seems like it's cutting edge and also illegal, which may be why these guys hang out on Tatooine. I want to see more about that! I know a lot of fans don't like them, but I do.

The Heist for Slave 1 was fun, and it was nice to see EV-9D9 again. The Chef robot reminded me of a low-rent General Grevious! 🤣 Behold the might of 8 cleavers! Anyway, somehow I knew they would get the ship and go shove a seismic mine down the Sarlacc's throat! Did that kill him...?

Krrsantan pulled a baller move by declining to have his debt wiped, tearing that guy's arm off, and paying in full. Man, do not mess with that guy!

Last edited:
Ahem, it’s Boba Fett’s Starship now… 🤪

The tease of the Mandalorian/Din Djarin making a presence with the music at the end will probably help tie in to season 3 of that as well

I believe that only applies to toy packaging. They've done that before too. I mean "General Grevious's Starfighter" was called such, not the "Belbullab-22" or even "Solulless One" which are never stated in the movie and might be confusing names. Kids will want the ship that goes with their figure, after all. The Bad Batch's ship is called "Bad Batch Attack Shuttle" on the Lego box, not "Havoc Marauder." Anyway, I think that's all making mountian out of a molehill, but that's what Star Wars fans do....

He did refer to it as a "Firespray Class" which I think might be the first time it was actually called that on-screen.

I believe that only applies to toy packaging. They've done that before too. I mean "General Grevious's Starfighter" was called such, not the "Belbullab-22" or even "Solulless One" which are never stated in the movie and might be confusing names. Kids will want the ship that goes with their figure, after all. The Bad Batch's ship is called "Bad Batch Attack Shuttle" on the Lego box, not "Havoc Marauder." Anyway, I think that's all making mountian out of a molehill, but that's what Star Wars fans do....

He did refer to it as a "Firespray Class" which I think might be the first time it was actually called that on-screen.

Oh I still call it Slave-1 and find the uproar over it hilarious, but Disney has also shied away from calling it that since its return to screen.

It’s also referred to as Boba Fett’s Starship on Fortnite where he was made available

Oh I still call it Slave-1 and find the uproar over it hilarious, but Disney has also shied away from calling it that since its return to screen.

But, they've never really called it that on screen anyway.

Actually, if they want to get around it and settle it's hash forever, they just need to have Fennic refer to it as "Slave-1" and have Boba correct her. "My father called it that!" Have Boba give it a new name to match his new perspectie on life.

I finished episode 4, over the weekend I went back and watched the first three over again. As I said before I am enjoying this series because it's not all shoot 'em up action. There is some depth to get into and understand. How they dug into the history of the Tusken Raiders and gave them some personality not just the bad guys as portrayed by the Anakin Skywalker's massacre . Personally, I didn't care for the "kids" on their glorified Schwinn Stingray bike club bit (a 70s reference for some out there) and felt they were actually completely out of place in the lore. And this episode really did a great job tying the series into where we saw Boba and the Mandalorian without retreading that same water. The worst part is knowing there are only 4 episodes left and wondering how they will bring it to a pause until the next season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter