The Book Of Boba Fett

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I happened to see The Book Of Boba Fett this morning and my take on the first episode was I found it confusing at first but I think it will be hitting a home run as more episodes appear and be improved. But Teumera Morrison really brings it all in the role of Boba Fett and like Pedro Pascal in The Mandalorian he will be the most popular star of the Star Wars cast. I also found it surprising that they managed to bring Ming-Na Wen and she is so great in The Book Of Boba Fett. I have high hopes that this series will be huge and give an insight to what we shall learn in The Mandalorian Season 3 and hopefully Grogu and Luke Skywalker and of course Mando will make appearences in this series too

I enjoyed it... I think they set the stage, so I'll be looking forward to the new episodes.

The Book Of Boba Fett I think will begin a new chapter in the Star Wars series for TV shows and if promoted right have the same success as The Mandalorian and as you know anything with Star Wars is sure to be a huge hit so I think they are hoping it's a hit

Reactions: GAN

We’re about 20 minutes into the first episode and I’m finding it to be terrible. Poor acting that’s almost painful to watch. DH tried to explain that this is how SW is, compiled with soap opera mode on our tv, but I’m not buying it.

We’re about 20 minutes into the first episode and I’m finding it to be terrible. Poor acting that’s almost painful to watch. DH tried to explain that this is how SW is, compiled with soap opera mode on our tv, but I’m not buying it.

It waw slow, but I didn't think there was any bad acting or anything. Heck, there's not very much dialogue at all! It'll get more interesting.

I watched it last night and was underwhelmed.
I found it confusing. First he's out in the desert with the Sand People with no intro or indication Why he was there. He was just there.
Then here he is sitting on Jabba the Hut's throne and ruling the town, I guess?
Then he goes to the water tank, and that is never explained.
I'm trying to like it, and will give it another try, but just wonder what the heck all of it is about.

I watched it last night and was underwhelmed.
I found it confusing. First he's out in the desert with the Sand People with no intro or indication Why he was there. He was just there.
Then here he is sitting on Jabba the Hut's throne and ruling the town, I guess?
Then he goes to the water tank, and that is never explained.
I'm trying to like it, and will give it another try, but just wonder what the heck all of it is about.

The show opened with flashbacks - his birthplace on Kamino, his father losing his head at Geonosiis, then falling into the Sarlacc pit in Return of the Jedi. First he escapes the monsters belly using his flamethrower, but is immediately robbed by Jawas and then captured by Sand People. These are dreams he is having while in the healin gtank, which is the similar to the same thing that Luke was in in The Empire Strikes Back - it is a medicine called Bacta that is an all-purpose healing agent. I do unserstand that they expect a veiwer to know a lot about Star Wars as theyu do not explain all that. Basically, all the stuff witht the Sand People are flashbacks, and when he is on Jabbas Throne is after his appearance on The Mandalorian (he is shown taking Jabba's throne in The Mandalorian). I hope that helps.

The show opened with flashbacks - his birthplace on Kamino, his father losing his head at Geonosiis, then falling into the Sarlacc pit in Return of the Jedi. First he escapes the monsters belly using his flamethrower, but is immediately robbed by Jawas and then captured by Sand People. These are dreams he is having while in the healin gtank, which is the similar to the same thing that Luke was in in The Empire Strikes Back - it is a medicine called Bacta that is an all-purpose healing agent. I do unserstand that they expect a veiwer to know a lot about Star Wars as theyu do not explain all that. Basically, all the stuff witht the Sand People are flashbacks, and when he is on Jabbas Throne is after his appearance on The Mandalorian (he is shown taking Jabba's throne in The Mandalorian). I hope that helps.
Thank you Brian. I must have missed the part that said they were flashbacks. That does help alot. I will try the next episode:)

They don’t say it.

I liked it so far but, as I was with the Mandolorian, I’m a sucker for the awesome cinematography. I’m not into it for the formulaic storylines.
Also, I love Fennec.

I've been waiting for that Sarlacc esacpe scene since 1983. That was AWESOME!. I do agree that fight scene was weirdly choreographed, and some characters like the mayor's major domo were very annoying, but overall really enjoyed the episode. Love those mean jawas. I didn't really like the first couple episodes of the Mandalorian, and it got so much better. Boba Fett is my second favorite SW character (after Luke, ) so I do have high hopes. Need to keep my expectations in check I know, but I enjoyed the first episode.

I liked it but it did not meet the high expectations I was having.

Fortunately, I grew up with Star Wars (the original trilogy, then watched the prequels and sequels) so I knew those were flashbacks (blasting out of the Sarlaac pit, etc).

I'm not sure that I care to know what else happened after he got out, but I figure there will be some stuff about him meeting up with Mando and getting his armor back. I thought, though, that he had more armor below the belt too...

I enjoyed it for a first episode, I felt they were doing a good job of laying the foundation and filling in the gap of time.

Personally enjoyed far more than Hawkeye, so it restored some faith in Disney+ but still no Mandalorian or Grogo is a huge let down.

Okay, who watched Episode two?

It's getting interesting, but still a little slow. The flashbacks aren't quite as interesting to me as the "current" stuff with the Mayor and the Hutt and all, though it may just be my love for Fennic (Ming Na Wen 😍) that makes me less interested when she's not around. I was hoping the Mayor might be a character we knew, but I did like seeing the Ethorian with a vocal translator. That was soemthign they created for The Clone Wars to minimize the need for subtitles. The Hutt on their litter was fun, but also, that Wookiee! He is just plain coooool! Apparently he's a character that was in some recent comics and he and Boba know each other from previous bounty hunting jobs. He is very "toyetic" in that he will be an absolutely boss Black Series action figure!

All that said, the flashback was pretty cool with the train interdiction. Now, I did not remember this so I lose some Star Wars Nerd Cred, but the location where Boba stole the speeder bikes was Tosche Station, and it is identical to how it appeared in a deleted scene from A New Hope, complete with the same charactes, a couple of friends of Luke and Biggs. Still there, I see. 🤣 Tha'ts digging deep for an Easter Egg, but I love it!

This episode had a couple of THE COOLEST cameos every Luke's friends in Tosche Station. As soon as they showed them, my husband I looked at each other, like NO way. that is just such a cool Easter egg. LOVED it. from a DELETED scene!! wow. Wonder if they'll play a role later.One of my oldest SW items is the SW storybook, that has a few of the pictures in it from Luke looking at the battle, and talking to Biggs. I also wondered why that was in the storybook, but not the movie. I dont' read the comics, but appreciate them, and sounds like this new Wookie bounty hunter is going to be very cool!

I'm watching, but not enjoying it quite as much as The Mandalorian. I haven't seen all of the original Star Wars movies, so I feel like I'm missing things.

I'm watching, but not enjoying it quite as much as The Mandalorian. I haven't seen all of the original Star Wars movies, so I feel like I'm missing things.

It is starting off a little slow, even after the second episode.

You haven't seeen all the Star Wars movie - what are you waiting for? If you have questions though I can help - I have several advanced degrees in Star Wars history, technology, and lore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter