The ABCs of Starting Over- OR to KY Roadtrip + WDW 50th Ann. Trip 9/28-10/4; Day 6 and REPORT COMPLETE!

I've known her for a while too and would love to meet her someday.

I hope we get to meet in person someday too.

Wonderful shot of you two lovely ladies.

Thank you!

I really like this shot of Vanessa. Really nice.

Thanks! I was trying to attract some wildlife with the fish food.

I am too! And I hope we can enjoy another meet up again soon.

Me too!

That sounds amazing!! I looked at their website and it is gorgeous!

It really is. It's been the backdrop for lots of films and TV shows.

The drive from San Antonio was long. Very long. I hate that drive.
We did that drive from San Antonio to Houston and back in one day once. Thank goodness for audio books.
Someone had recommended Pat’s Fisherman’s Wharf for a solid Cajun meal of everything greasy and fishy you could ever want.
Sounds good!
after “knowing” her since 2008 or something, it was amazing to finally get to hug my friend! 😊 Thank you, Vanessa for making the drive over to meet up with us!
So nice to finally actually get to meet folks after so long!
She made some recommendations and Zach and I ended up ordering some sort of Shrimp extravaganza which was basically fried shrimp in about a dozen iterations.
That's a LOT of food!
Zach and I checked into our little rustic cabin at the Bayou Cabins of Breaux Bridge.
Cute, but definitely rustic. I would not feel totally safe with the water as close to the back of the cabins as one of your pictures showed!
*I* got up early enough to head out and find a latte. Which I did, then promptly dropped and spilled. I did not go back for another one, because I was too embarrassed. Wanna know why? Because I was so ramped up about being at our tour in time and not sure where I was going that I started to leave without paying. The obviously irritated waitress half yelled at me to tell me to pony up. Oops.
Yikes! Then again, it does sound like you. :lmao:
I’ll spare you the suspense and tell you we saw many. And it was cool as crap. We also saw several species of herons, loads of other birds, frogs, snails, dragonflies, ducks, turtles. For this gal, it was fascinating and other-worldly. Truly an amazing experience that I’d do again in a heartbeat. Our guide was sooooo good. His father has a degree in bayou biology and taught him a ton that he was able to pass on to us. He also took the time to maneuver the boat so that the light fell on the animals so I could take some fantastic photos. He really gave us patience and answered all of our questions.
That sounds totally cool! If we ever get back there, I want to do a private Bayou tour!
After our tour we headed northwards out of Louisiana and and up into Mississippi along the Blues Highway.
Just keep swimming!
I love that whoever is reading this... is. But right now, I have barely enough energy to simply type up some terrible text and attach my photos.
Ugh, sorry about that.
I haven't visited a single thread of yours since I pulled out of Tucson, and for that I feel incredibly guilty. I love reading your stories as well and keeping up with you, my friends. But life is going to keep me beyond busy for the next 14 weeks, as I pull 14 hour days either working (in the hardest unit I have ever done- post cardiac care) or studying for the hardest class I've ever taken.
That sounds....brutal. Take care of yourself!
I had crab meat au gratin and a stuffed potato. I ended up taken half of it home for lunch the next day.
That sounds absolutely delicious!

I am finally caught up. My life got in the way of a lot of things and Trip Reports sadly were on hold. I had my downstairs redone and I will say that has been one of the best things I have done. I went from dark colors to light grays and it made such a HUGE difference. My grandson did all the work for me and it was a lot. New floors, ceilings, some mold (a lot of bleach and some new subfloor here) and rotted floor boards (thankfully just a portion of one joist and easily fixed). We also added lights in the ceiling and he is doing the floor and fixtures in the bathroom in July.

While dealing with all of that my husband had a health issue. Diabetes is no joke. We cleared that issue up and he developed a more serious one which led to the amputation of a toe and another infection in his leg. Thankfully the toe has healed nicely and the leg is doing really well thanks to my daughter and daughter in law. They have come over every day to change and dress his leg. I am thankful to have a BSN and LPN in the family. I saw the leg and started gagging. I have a weak stomach. On top of all this my 14 year old grandson tore his ACL playing Basketball so he needed surgery too. My husband is sending me to Disney in the fall so I can recuperate.

I loved all the pictures of your move. We had hoped to do that one day but I am no good on long drives, as a driver anyway. I get lulled to sleep and I would much rather take pictures. For some reason my family frowns on my driving and photography at the same time. The bug bites on your feet made me glad I sleep with my socks on. I cannot stand itchy feet. The praying mantis picture reminded me of one of my grandson, the one who is working on my house. When he was younger we took him on trips with us and he found a Praying Mantis. He wanted to take it home with him since it liked him so much.
140.JPG
He had it crawling all over his neck and arms.

There are some Blue Herons in my area and I swear they toy with me. They fly over my house, and low, when I don't have my camera on me to get a picture.

Hope all is going well with your schoolwork. Knowing how my daughter complained at times getting her bachelors I can only imagine what it is like going for a Master's.

Friendlies,

Week 4:

Overwhelming.

If one word were to describe my experience with NP Graduate School so far, it'd be "overwhelming". The amount of material we are expected to read, learn, absorb, apply, etc.... is far more than humanly possible and yet, I must. While it's been fascinating, the amount of stress consumes me and most days I wonder why I did this to myself.

As I said before, while I AM definitely reading and loving all of your kind comments and encouragement, I have not even found time to take care of the very basics like grocery shopping, errands, etc... It's all I can do to put in 14 hours days either studying or working at the UofL (Louisville). I KNOW this will pass by the end of August, but meantime, it's intense and difficult.

Yes. I'm being a whiner to the max. I just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten about neither you NOR this TR, and I will come back to it when I am able. Meantime, I'll regale you with intermittent whinings. If it becomes too much, feel free to virtually slap me. ;)

Hope you are all well!!

@tazdev3225 - Thank you for filling us in on your life happenings! You, too, have been very busy and your life has certainly had it's ups and downs! I will reply more in the coming weeks. :)

Last edited:

Overwhelming.
Uh, oh...
If one word were to describe my experience with NP Graduate School so far, it'd be "overwhelming". The amount of material we are expected to read, learn, absorb, apply, etc.... is far more than humanly possible and yet, I must. While it's been fascinating, the amount of stress consumes me and most days I wonder why I did this to myself.
And yet we all know that you can (and will!) do this... and with flying colours, no doubt!
It's all I can do to put in 14 hours days either studying or working at the UofL (Louisville).
Holy crap! :eek: :faint:
Yes. I'm being a whiner to the max.
Um... 14 hour days of studying or working??? I think you've earned the right!
I just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten about neither you NOR this TR, and I will come back to it when I am able.
We totally get it. Don't worry about it and come on back when you have the time (and energy!) to do so.
We'll be waiting. :)
Meantime, I'll regale you with intermittent whinings. If it becomes too much, feel free to virtually slap me. ;)
:laughing: I wonder what kind of sound a virtual slap makes???

Hey Liesa! My time on the boards has been really limited lately (I know you can relate) but I'm finally catching up here.

Someone had recommended Pat’s Fisherman’s Wharf for a solid Cajun meal of everything greasy and fishy you could ever want.
Well, I'd be in for the greasy part.

The place was hopping when we arrived and we didn’t have to wait long for Vanessa ( @vamassey1 ) to join us from Baton Rouge. Huzzah, after “knowing” her since 2008 or something, it was amazing to finally get to hug my friend! 😊 Thank you, Vanessa for making the drive over to meet up with us!
Hooray! Glad you could meet up.

We also learned that the cover charge was more than what we’d paid for dinner.
Yikes! That had better be U2 playing.

IMG_9705-L.jpg
Seems reasonable.

A swamp is an area of land that’s always wet, but with mostly standing water with no current, whereas a bayou is an area that’s wet but the water has a current.
I had no idea! Thanks!

The walls of our particular cabin were literally “papered” with newspaper from the 40s and 50s. Not kidding. Made a visit to the bathroom… interesting.
Well, you won't run out of toilet paper.

Nice gator photos!

Hey Everyone, I love that whoever is reading this... is. But right now, I have barely enough energy to simply type up some terrible text and attach my photos. I haven't visited a single thread of yours since I pulled out of Tucson, and for that I feel incredibly guilty. I love reading your stories as well and keeping up with you, my friends. But life is going to keep me beyond busy for the next 14 weeks, as I pull 14 hour days either working (in the hardest unit I have ever done- post cardiac care) or studying for the hardest class I've ever taken.

If I am completely honest with myself, I don't even know if I will be able to pull away from this class to answer replies, although I am reading them all as they come in. This season will come to an end, either successfully or not, by the end of August and after that I may have a little more time to be here. But I would love any hellos and happy thoughts as I trudge through the next few weeks.
Hang in there! I totally understand how life gets in the way. Been happening to me, too!

Overwhelming.

As I said before, while I AM definitely reading and loving all of your kind comments and encouragement, I have not even found time to take care of the very basics like grocery shopping, errands, etc... It's all I can do to put in 14 hours days either studying or working at the UofL (Louisville). I KNOW this will pass by the end of August, but meantime, it's intense and difficult.
This too shall pass! I'm sorry it's been such a struggle. You'll make it to the other side, I promise.

Hang in there. You got this! Just think of all the lovely relaxing things coming your way in September- like grocery shopping and sleep lol
Seriously though I’m wishing you the best of luck with it all ☘️

Hellooo! I have every confidence in you and you will get through this!! You have done it before and you never cease to amaze me with your determination!! In a few months it will be over!

Just a quick check-in. Still deep into pathophysiology and disease processes. Etiologies, signs, symptoms, treatments, etc…. I plan to take my pre-assessment in 2 weeks and will be given a comprehensive review of the class based on those results. After that I have 2 attempts to pass the cumulative exam. Do or die. If I fail I am booted from the program and cannot come back. So… nose to the grindstone. My last day of work is tomorrow. I had to admit defeat and throw in the towel. It was just far too much to study 50-60 hours a week AND try and work (and commute) 40 more. I’m tired.

Hope all y’all are going amazing!!

Still deep into pathophysiology and disease processes. Etiologies, signs, symptoms, treatments, etc….
Oh, sure. Everyone does that. Pretty common, day to day, kind of stuff.

:rolleyes1
I plan to take my pre-assessment in 2 weeks and will be given a comprehensive review of the class based on those results. After that I have 2 attempts to pass the cumulative exam.
So just a bit of studying in your future...
If I fail I am booted from the program and cannot come back.
:eek:
My last day of work is tomorrow. I had to admit defeat and throw in the towel. It was just far too much to study 50-60 hours a week AND try and work (and commute) 40 more. I’m tired.
:faint:
Holy cow. And I thought I had a tough schedule!

Hi Liesa! And here I thought I was behind, it's you! No worries! Study hard and get good grades. We'll be here when you're all done with your fancy degree :lovestruc

I just found your trip report, which I am loving. One of my favorite trips ever was to Northern Arizona. We did a loop from Phoenix (stopped at Montezuma's Castle and Walnut Canyon on the way) to Winslow (stayed at La Posada Hotel, which I highly recommend and enjoyed the Petrified Forest), to Monument Valley, to Page (Horseshoe Canyon, Antelope Canyon--ahh-mazing!--and half-day raft trip ), to Grand Canyon South Rim (with a stop at Cameron Trading Post!), to Sedona and then back to Phoenix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter