The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

It was pleasant and had some highlights. :)

Well I'm glad you could look on the glass half full side.

Seriously, every single item I chose was incredibly delicious. But I knew I had to pace myself.

That's me in every. single. buffet. situation.

So, after I finished my 2nd plate of goodies, the meatballs and warm pita arrived.

Are they tiny meatballs? I don't see any.

the Eggs Benedict arrived and as he set them on the table, he said that the house-made sausage and bacon were “to die for” so he thought I’d enjoy that too and brought it. Ummm, okay. While I did appreciate that he was being extremely generous, and I did enjoy a couple pieces of bacon and a sausage patty, it was becoming so much food that it was almost embarrassing. OY!

The bacon and sausage look lovely, but there is no way I could eat that much even if that was my entire meal. I like that at Palo they only give you one Bennie when you order it.

The table to my right was quickly becoming pretty inebriated as during the course of that two hours I’d been there, they drank literally 6 bottles of champagne.

That's crazy for them to order bottles of champagne when Mimosas are included. Then again my parents would never "ruin" their champagne by mixing something into it, so they would be likely to pay for a bottle, but not six!

Steppe’s overall impressions? Amazing meal in every aspect. The view is exquisite, the ambiance including the live music, the attention to detail and great service, combined with excellent, fresh food makes this a meal WELL worth the high price tag.

I have heard nothing but good things about this place, perhaps we should have considered it for our Sunday in March, but at this point I'm going to stick with the plan of lunch at Beaches and Cream. Afternoon at the spa, and then Morimoto's for dinner.

'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain?

Na, na, na, na, nun, nun, nun, na....na, na, na, na....na......

Anyhow, how are you all spending your day off?

We stayed in bed until about noon. Then we ordered a pizza and big salad. We watched a marathon of The Librarian, and had leftover Clam Chowder (that's what we made for NYE dinner).

I need my one day off during the week for business hours type errands or trying my best to be a single mom.

Ahhhh, you're going public with this. It's been a while since we chatted last, but I was wondering if you had come to a decision. :hug: If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm pretty much available whenever. :flower:

Well I'm glad you could look on the glass half full side.

Always the best tack on life. :)

That's me in every. single. buffet. situation.

#firstworldproblems

Are they tiny meatballs? I don't see any.

Shakshuka
Tunisian-style Stewed Piquillo Pepper and Tomato Sauce, House-made Vegan Meatball, Organic Egg, House Pita

The menu says this, but I am positive it was lamb. Either way, it was quite good.

The bacon and sausage look lovely, but there is no way I could eat that much even if that was my entire meal. I like that at Palo they only give you one Bennie when you order it.

It was a HUGE platter. I have NO idea how on Earth they thought anyone could eat all that.

That's crazy for them to order bottles of champagne when Mimosas are included. Then again my parents would never "ruin" their champagne by mixing something into it, so they would be likely to pay for a bottle, but not six!

I know!! Maybe one of them had just won Mega Bucks.

I have heard nothing but good things about this place, perhaps we should have considered it for our Sunday in March, but at this point I'm going to stick with the plan of lunch at Beaches and Cream. Afternoon at the spa, and then Morimoto's for dinner.

I love this plan!! I think you'll like Morimoto. I have a very thorough review coming up for it. :)

We stayed in bed until about noon. Then we ordered a pizza and big salad. We watched a marathon of The Librarian, and had leftover Clam Chowder (that's what we made for NYE dinner).

I'd love to sleep til noon. Ever. I did sleep until 9:00 today which was a rare and wonderful treat. I woke with a horrific headache which never went away today. Just took some Exedrin for it now. :(

Ahhhh, you're going public with this. It's been a while since we chatted last, but I was wondering if you had come to a decision. :hug: If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm pretty much available whenever. :flower:

Thanks, Alison. You're a good friend. :hug:

I'll PM you soon...

Shakshuka
Tunisian-style Stewed Piquillo Pepper and Tomato Sauce, House-made Vegan Meatball, Organic Egg, House Pita

The menu says this, but I am positive it was lamb. Either way, it was quite good.

Well I do love me a good lamb....more so than the vegan stuff.

It was a HUGE platter. I have NO idea how on Earth they thought anyone could eat all that.

I find that a lot of the restaurants like this give you way more food than you can deal with.

I love this plan!! I think you'll like Morimoto. I have a very thorough review coming up for it. :)

I've been there twice before. I really wanted to do their Omikase, but no one was board with that, so I didn't want to subject other folks to my 10 courses while they only had 2-4 courses.

I'd love to sleep til noon. Ever.

I didn't say that I was sleeping. :teeth: But Fran was, so I just played my Mahjong game while watching the Rose Parade, then I started The Librarian marathon.

Thanks, Alison. You're a good friend. :hug:

I'll PM you soon...

Hang in there. I know it's tough, but happiness is always better than sticking around for the wrong reasons. Been there, done that.

Ah, I'm so glad you're still here! Did you know you're one of my longest standing readers? I always get a smile on my face when you post. :hug:

I didn't realize that I was one of the older ones. I do remember when I "found" your reports though. I followed a link from one of @jordanyosh trip reports. I will have to try to post more often for you.

Well, we're 5 days into 2019... so far so good?

So, I have finally, but very sadly, accepted the fact that I can no longer be a daily DISser. :( Working a full time job of 4 10's (or more) is tough and I need my one day off during the week for business hours type errands or trying my best to be a single mom. Weekends I have to do the mundane stuff of cleaning and generally catching up on necessary business-y stuff. The DIS is, out of necessity and sanity, a weekend thing now and if I'm lucky an occasional weekday hobby. I do VERY faithfully read comments and try very hard to keep up on the threads I'm on, but not as well as I'd like to. Just trying to hang on and learn a new normal. Truth be told, it's a welcome escape...

I also decided to pursue an accreditation/certification in my field of perianesthesia nursing. It's a rigorous exam this Spring and I need to begin studying for it. For now the pilot's license is put on hold for $$ (which admittedly I may never have) and better weather. It's rarely VFR in the winter here.

So, I realize that's probably WAY too much TMI, but thought you might be interested. :)

I have had periods in my life when I was not able to be a daily poster and the nice thing about the Dis is that we will always be here. Also prayers for you :hug: as you get use to your new normal.

Thank you!!! How is 2019 shaping up so far?

Well so far so good. I am sad we will just miss each other again in Disney. This will be the third trip we just miss each other.

Heh, the numbers tell a different story. ;)

But they don't tell all the story. ;)

Even a blind monkey can get a base hit here and there.

Well... you wear glasses, so I can't comment on your eyesight. But a monkey you certainly ain't!

Oh trust me. I have plenty of that and more.

That is not the next line in the song.

Nah, I'm no competition for a cute young'un. She can have her bowl.

Free bowls for everyone!

Ah, well, lucky for you there's PLENTY more to choose from.

Yay!

Well, we're 5 days into 2019... so far so good?

Yep. First day off this year was today. Back at it tomorrow. Next day off (maybe) in 7 days.

So, I have finally, but very sadly, accepted the fact that I can no longer be a daily DISser. :( Working a full time job of 4 10's (or more) is tough and I need my one day off during the week for business hours type errands or trying my best to be a single mom.

Yes, I can totally understand that.

Weekends I have to do the mundane stuff of cleaning and generally catching up on necessary business-y stuff. The DIS is, out of necessity and sanity, a weekend thing now and if I'm lucky an occasional weekday hobby. I do VERY faithfully read comments and try very hard to keep up on the threads I'm on, but not as well as I'd like to. Just trying to hang on and learn a new normal. Truth be told, it's a welcome escape...

I don't think anyone would fault you for not commenting daily. I think we all understand that life gets busy and... believe it or not... there are higher priorities than the DIS, sometimes.

:hug:

I also decided to pursue an accreditation/certification in my field of perianesthesia nursing. It's a rigorous exam this Spring and I need to begin studying for it.

Whoa! That sounds... hard!
But I know you can do it!

For now the pilot's license is put on hold for $$ (which admittedly I may never have) and better weather. It's rarely VFR in the winter here.

Oh, that's too bad. But I can certainly understand it. Maybe after your exam, the weather will be better and you can get back to it.

So, I realize that's probably WAY too much TMI, but thought you might be interested. :)

I am. And it wasn't too much. :)

Well I do love me a good lamb....more so than the vegan stuff.

Well, yeah! Of course and me too! But, whatever it was, and I do think it was lamb, it was pretty fantastic. And too much. But, I'm glad I tried it. When I eat out, I love to be able to try lots of different things.

I find that a lot of the restaurants like this give you way more food than you can deal with.

Yeah for sure. Luckily at Cali Grill, I was able to taste a lot of things and other than the bennie and the lamb and meats, there wasn't a ton of waste.

I've been there twice before. I really wanted to do their Omikase, but no one was board with that, so I didn't want to subject other folks to my 10 courses while they only had 2-4 courses.

That'd be a lot of food for just you! LOL!

I didn't say that I was sleeping. :teeth: But Fran was, so I just played my Mahjong game while watching the Rose Parade, then I started The Librarian marathon.

I miss watching the Rose Parade. I've camped out a few times for that one. IT was COLD!!! But so beautiful and smelled amazing! ;) My cousin (the one I met when I saw you in 2017) lives in Burbank and they always help do flowers for either the Glendale or Burbank floats. She was pretty sad that Glendale opted to help another group do a float this year instead of entering one of their own.

Hang in there. I know it's tough, but happiness is always better than sticking around for the wrong reasons. Been there, done that.

Doing my best. :) And yes, I agree!

I didn't realize that I was one of the older ones. I do remember when I "found" your reports though. I followed a link from one of @jordanyosh trip reports. I will have to try to post more often for you.

Yep, you are. And that you mention Jordy, proves it! LOL!! That takes us back to about 2008 or so. :D

I miss that old crowd with Tim (that'snice), Brook, Cherie (winkers), Camille, Kathy and the others. Glennbo and you are possibly the only original readers I still have from "the old days", pre- Steppe.

I have had periods in my life when I was not able to be a daily poster and the nice thing about the Dis is that we will always be here. Also prayers for you :hug: as you get use to your new normal.

I've had "seasons" here as well, and took a LONG hiatus when I moved back from Crapistan and had to rebuild my life. Change can be hard, but oh so good as well. Thank you for your well wishes as I walk this difficult path.

Well so far so good. I am sad we will just miss each other again in Disney. This will be the third trip we just miss each other.

Again. :(

I did notice your ticker and thought the same thing. Seriously, it's mere days. PM me your dates though, and let's take a look.

But they don't tell all the story. ;)

Not convinced. ;)

Well... you wear glasses, so I can't comment on your eyesight. But a monkey you certainly ain't!

Well, I don't like bananas, so that's a start.

That is not the next line in the song.

I wrote a new song book.

Yep. First day off this year was today. Back at it tomorrow. Next day off (maybe) in 7 days.

That's brutal.

I don't think anyone would fault you for not commenting daily. I think we all understand that life gets busy and... believe it or not... there are higher priorities than the DIS, sometimes.

Still, I'd like to be.

Whoa! That sounds... hard!
But I know you can do it!

I hope so. I hope it makes me more marketable in my field should I ever choose to relocate. Or move into management.

Oh, that's too bad. But I can certainly understand it. Maybe after your exam, the weather will be better and you can get back to it.

I hope so. I might win the lottery too.

I am. And it wasn't too much. :)

I wanted to share a few of the take-aways from my New Year's Day trip to the Central Oregon Coast.

I saw those on fb (believe it or not) and I believe I commented "wow". The sentiment hasn't changed!
Wow!

Oh, and if you haven't seen Mary Poppins by now, you should have! ;)

I have! :)

Wanted to comment on that one in particular, though. That looks... almost fake. (No, I know it's not.) Amazing how high that went!

Na, na, na, na, nun, nun, nun, na....na, na, na, na....na......

::yes::

I feel like a complete idiot. :(

I did see (and even quoted) that comment... but the fact that "you went public" went right over my head (like so many things do.)

Thinking of you and please feel free to PM if you want to chat.

Not convinced. ;)

Just don't you dare stop writing. I enjoy it far too much.

Well, I don't like bananas, so that's a start.

Proof positive!
I like bananas... but I'm a baboon, so...

I wrote a new song book.

Noted

That's brutal.

That's my norm. (sometimes)

Still, I'd like to be.

Yeah. I'd like to be retired about now. And that ain't gonna happen either!

I hope so. I hope it makes me more marketable in my field should I ever choose to relocate. Or move into management.

Then good luck! I'm sure you'll do great! :)

I hope so. I might win the lottery too.

Well... you might. :)

W is for Wonderful, Wet, Watery World!

… and then there was that time Steppe decided to do the unthinkable during a trip to Florida,

and left Disney.

I know. Shocking. But trust me, it was amazing! What a truly beautiful hidden oasis to spend a completely relaxing, totally refreshing and restorative day.

You’re probably wondering what in the world I could be talking about. Fear not, Dear Reader! Let me give you a guided tour of…

Discovery Cove!!

I owe this daylong field trip and give all credit to Meghan @MeghanEmily for getting me out of the Disney Bubble. I had a great time and am inclined now to try some other things around Orlando including Universal.

So,

Let’s go find ADVENTURE Somewhere Beyond the Sea!

(For enhanced Trip Report reading, begin soundtrack now.)

Because this was an adventure and not a work day, I got up with a spring in my step and a smile on my face. If you are one of those who gets up with a spring in your step and a smile on your face for work at 6:00, I wanna be you when I grow up. Meantime, I will judge your sanity. You probably don’t even like coffee.

Discovery Cove mornings start EARLY!! Even earlier than a Disney Rope Drop AND you have to go further to get there. And because I am me, it took 3 times as long to do so. :rolleyes: The spring in my step and the smile on my face was short-lived but I’ll get to that.

I booked my DC Day months in advance and it is no small potatoes. The website says $199 for a day pass, which includes a swim with a dolphin. Breakfast and lunch, and unlimited snacks and drinks (including a limited selection of boozy, weak slushie drinks) are also included. So, similar to a day in Disney with a 1-day ticket. There are all kinds of extras you can add on such as a private cabana with wait service, upgraded booze packages, massages, cushy lounge chairs, etc… They also have shark swims, underwater walks with a dive helmet, and that sort of stuff to add on for MUCHO dinero. I stuck with the basic package and, to be VERY honest, it was MORE than enough to have a very full, and wonderful, in a very relaxing way sort of day.

Their website is here if you're interested.

Because breakfast was included, there was added time I could practice waking up with a smile in bed. Still, I had to be up at 5:45 so I could find my Uber ride at 6:30 that I’d ordered the night before. Check-in at the DC desk is at 7:00. I packed a few things including my bathing suit because while the dolphins swim naked, they generally frown on naked old ladies who’ve carried 5 kids. I packed up the camera I was borrowing for this day, a change of clothes for dinner later that night (back at Disney), my water shoes (that I picked up for $10 in Bowling Green) and my wallet. Because like with every “all-inclusive” experience, most thinking people know that they are… not. Fish friendly sunscreen is provided so I left that behind.

The Uber was on time, but there was a tiny delay in her finding the right parking lot at POFQ to pick me up in. After a text or two, I was on my way to Somewhere Beyond the Sea! Off we went, and we drove, and we drove, and we drove, and we arrived at.... a destination. Instead of the lush oasis that I’d seen photos of, we had pulled up to Somewhere Beyond the Skeevy Apartmentland . I tried to be very calm and nice, hoping this wasn’t a human trafficking scheme in which I was about to become fresh meat for Hannibal Lechter, so I said, “This isn't the right place!” Okay, fine, I was pretty irritated. Time was quickly evaporating, and I had a check-in time to get to! I whipped out my phone and frantically plugged in Discovery Cove and gave my non-English speaking lady driver (here is where my guy readers are already crafting their most creative women driver jokes) a turn by turn narrative to get me to my destination. Yes, it was about twice the price I should have paid, but still reasonable. Yes, I should reported her to Uber. Yes, I should have gotten a refund. But while the smile on my face was LONG gone, I was too busy to do any of that, and sucked up the extra few bucks in lieu of not dealing with a long phone call or email. Lesson learned: When you don’t know where you’re going, maybe have the destination pulled up on your phone and follow along.

Right at 7:00 on the dot, I arrived at the right place and the smile was slowly coming back. It didn’t take long, in fact, because as soon as I stepped out of the car, I entered that lush, tropical oasis that I’d pictured- in there tucked away was Somewhere Beyond the Sea. (I do hope you clicked the link and it’s playing softly in the background to add some musical ambiance to the mediocre writing of this TR.)

In order to get to the Reception Building, you first walk along a winding path through dense, green vegetation giving you a sense of losing yourself in another world away from the urban busy-ness of downtown Orlando. It deserves a saunter and I gave it nothing less. Yes, it was a quick saunter as I was antsy to get my Dolphin Swim time and get my day inside the non-all-inclusive resort started. I took some photos along the way, but as with all first morning shots in the sticky Florida air, they turned out a bit “foggy”. But, they did turn out well enough for you to get the idea of how incredibly beautiful this place is. There are streams and green everywhere. It was unbelievably clean and well kept. There were staff to greet you immediately and also to guide you along the way making sure you got to wherever you wanted to go. Not just at the entrance, but every step of the way all day long.

The Reception Area is very well organized, and I was greeted immediately with a friendly smile and an efficient check-in process. The day and all of its opportunities and times were carefully explained to me. To be honest, I think their customer service was far superior to Disney’s. It's as lovely as it is efficient.

The first order of business is breakfast. ALL guests are ushered to the dining hall to begin with an average quality meal.

Sorry blurry, bleary-eyed, pre-coffee photo:

It was nothing special, but certainly not bad. The variety was adequate to satisfy any appetite and palate. There were pastries, bagels, toast, fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, sausage, hash, potatoes, oatmeal, etc… Juices, coffee, and milk were also available. I chose this and was more than full.

I’m NOT a breakfast eater, but knew I’d need the calories to explore Somewhere Beyond the Sea. I also knew that since I’m a hardcore addict, I’d need coffee so my head didn’t implode from caffeine neglect. I finished up and a greeter stationed at the exit of the eatery was giving directions to the next stop. After breakfast it's time to get suited up. I was directed to walk further down the trail
a bit to the locker area to pick out my swim gear and get changed. The lockers are plenty big enough to hold all of your day gear in. They’re probably big enough to stash your misbehaving kids in too. Just in case. Everyone on the staff here was incredibly helpful and friendly. They know what size suit you should try on and get you suited up just right. Er, well they try anyway. Because there is the occasional moron like me who comes out of the locker room with it on backwards. I wasn’t embarrassed at all. Nope, not one little bit. And Disney isn’t expensive. And this was an all-inclusive resort.

Getting my shuit together, I sauntered off to explore. I found myself at the Grand Lagoon where all the swimming with fishies happens. I cannot even begin to tell you how gorgeous this place is. The white sand with lounge chairs all in neat rows and hammocks hung randomly in quiet places screamed “relax!”. The water was perfectly blue and calm and so inviting. While I'm still smiling:

I dipped my toes in the water and then my idyllic reverie was shattered when I got yelled at. “The Lagoon’s not open yet!”. Oh okay, sorry, I sheepishly muttered. I slunk back out pretty sure I might spend the next several days in a scummy Orlando jail for trespassing in the NOT-YET-OPEN! Lagoon. Daring not to touch the forbidden water's edge, I idly watched a few fish venture to the border- perhaps they’d been scolded harshly about coming too close in but were the rebels of the fish world risking a life sentence to fish prison for coming in too close before opening. I'll refrain from Wall Jokes.

Here are the criminals on the Most Wanted List:

Before long, my Dolphin Swim time was up and I headed to the Cabana where the check-in and briefing would happen. (I make it sound like a Black Ops mission, huh?)

Each Dolphin Encounter has 32 slots in it wherein you are divided into 4 groups of 8. Each group of 8 has a dolphin they interact with and watch do various tricks. After you remove ALL jewelry (unless you absolutely cannot) and watch a little video about dolphins, your group leaders herd you out to the lagoon and introduce you to your dolphin. I can’t remember her name. Sorry, this wasn’t a horse nor was this a desert, so a total fail.

For about 30 minutes, you pet the dolphin as it swims by you avoiding their blowhole, feed and watch her eat ice chips and fish, and then take a quick ride as she pulls you about 30 yards back to shore. It’s super fun and I’m glad I got to do this once in my lifetime.

Shut up.

And while it was certainly fun and educational, I can honestly say it probably wasn’t the best part of my day Somewhere Beyond the Sea....

This is getting long, so am going to make this a 3--part update. Maybe I’ll get more done today, maybe not. Meantime, enjoy! And… I’m missing a lot of my posters! Where are you?! Roll call time; post and say hello!

Last edited:
:wave: Liesa.
Still enjoying even though I can't post as often.

Waiting to find out what was better if the dolphin swim wasn't the best part.

You haven't posted that yet?????

I saw those on fb (believe it or not) and I believe I commented "wow". The sentiment hasn't changed!
Wow!

Thanks! It was such a wonderful day!

Wanted to comment on that one in particular, though. That looks... almost fake. (No, I know it's not.) Amazing how high that went!

It is, but sadly my edit made the top look like smoke. Too busy now to fix it. Ah well....

I feel like a complete idiot. :(

I did see (and even quoted) that comment... but the fact that "you went public" went right over my head (like so many things do.)

Thinking of you and please feel free to PM if you want to chat.

OH, it's totally okay! :) Just one of life's ups and downs.

Thanks for your being there as a good friend.

Just don't you dare stop writing. I enjoy it far too much.

Well, you're stuck with me for the duration of this TR. Who knows what the future will bring.

Proof positive!
I like bananas... but I'm a baboon, so...

How did this suddenly become an exercise in geometry?!

That's my norm. (sometimes)

I'm so sorry!

Yeah. I'd like to be retired about now. And that ain't gonna happen either!

I've got about 50 years left. :(

Well... you might. :)

And pigs may fly too!

:wave: Liesa.
Still enjoying even though I can't post as often.

No worries! It's great to have you here as often as you can be, Doc! :goodvibes

Waiting to find out what was better if the dolphin swim wasn't the best part.

You haven't posted that yet?????

You'll have to wait on that one! Ran out of time today as I had to get my Christmas stuff put away.

So, no, not posted yet!

Okay, I will quit just lurking and say Hello

I am also from Oregon (Hillsboro area) and am loving seeing your shots around our state. DH and I use to love playing photographers on our down time, but never made it look as good and easy as you do. We may need to pick this hobby up again and get some lessons.

Thanks! It was such a wonderful day!

It sure looked like it!

It is, but sadly my edit made the top look like smoke. Too busy now to fix it. Ah well....

What?!?!?!? So it is fake!

Blasphemer!

OH, it's totally okay! :) Just one of life's ups and downs.

Thanks for your being there as a good friend.

Well, you're stuck with me for the duration of this TR. Who knows what the future will bring.

That's easy enough. More TRs.

How did this suddenly become an exercise in geometry?!

Because I didn't want it to be about biology. Who really wants to talk about paramecium?

I've got about 50 years left. :(

Whoa... you're retiring at 70?????

And pigs may fly too!

and left Disney.

:eek:

Discovery Cove!!

Oh nice!

I owe this daylong field trip and give all credit to Meghan @MeghanEmily for getting me out of the Disney Bubble.

::yes:: I remember that update!

am inclined now to try some other things around Orlando including Universal.

I'll be doing that in May with Elle. :)

(For enhanced Trip Report reading, begin soundtrack now.)

Well, poop. I can't, since I'm at work. I'll just hum a sea shanty in my head.

"Yo ho, Yo ho..."

If you are one of those who gets up with a spring in your step and a smile on your face for work at 6:00, I wanna be you when I grow up.

Such a creature does not exist.

Meantime, I will judge your sanity. You probably don’t even like coffee.

:laughing:

Discovery Cove mornings start EARLY!! Even earlier than a Disney Rope Drop

Whoa... Now that's early.

The website says $199 for a day pass, which includes a swim with a dolphin.

Actually... I don't find that overly expensive. Especially for what you've described so far.

There are all kinds of extras you can add on such as a private cabana with wait service, upgraded booze packages, massages, cushy lounge chairs, etc… They also have shark swims, underwater walks with a dive helmet, and that sort of stuff to add on for MUCHO dinero.

Pretty extensive list of activities and amenities.

Their website is here if you're interested.

Thanks for that. Interesting!

I packed a few things including my bathing suit because while the dolphins swim naked, they generally frown on naked old ladies who’ve carried 5 kids.

:lmao:

And... I'd pay to see that.

:roleyes1

Because like with every “all-inclusive” experience, most thinking people know that they are… not.

:sad2:

Instead of the lush oasis that I’d seen photos of, we had pulled up to Somewhere Beyond the Skeevy Apartmentland .

:eek: Why on Earth did she think that's where you wanted to go???? Was it Discovery Cove apartments?

I tried to be very calm and nice, hoping this wasn’t a human trafficking scheme in which I was about to become fresh meat for Hannibal Lechter,

:scared: I'd think you would've been more scared if your driver was on the sketchy side.

(here is where my guy readers are already crafting their most creative women driver jokes)

Nope.
I think you accomplished that just fine all on your own.

Yes, it was about twice the price I should have paid, but still reasonable.

:sad2: Should have been free for the inconvenience.

Yes, I should reported her to Uber. Yes, I should have gotten a refund. But while the smile on my face was LONG gone, I was too busy to do any of that, and sucked up the extra few bucks in lieu of not dealing with a long phone call or email.

Hmmm... I think I agree with that. Spend hours on the phone, ruining your morning... or just go about your day and forget it?

Right at 7:00 on the dot, I arrived at the right place and the smile was slowly coming back.

So you still got there in time. Good!

(I do hope you clicked the link and it’s playing softly in the background to add some musical ambiance to the mediocre writing of this TR.)

Still humming.

"... a pirate's life for me!"

I took some photos along the way, but as with all first morning shots in the sticky Florida air, they turned out a bit “foggy”.

::yes:: Pretty common.

There are streams and green everywhere. It was unbelievably clean and well kept.

Sounds really nice!

There were staff to greet you immediately and also to guide you along the way making sure you got to wherever you wanted to go. Not just at the entrance, but every step of the way all day long.

Wow! Pretty customer oriented!

At first I thought that was a woman in a dress in the distance. :laughing:

To be honest, I think their customer service was far superior to Disney’s.

Really! that's... saying a lot.

It was nothing special, but certainly not bad.

That's okay. You're not really there for gourmet meals... you're there for the dolphin swim and the relaxation.

I also knew that since I’m a hardcore addict, I’d need coffee so my head didn’t implode from caffeine neglect.

They’re probably big enough to stash your misbehaving kids in too.

Were there a few kids you wanted to stash? Hmmmm?

Because there is the occasional moron like me who comes out of the locker room with it on backwards.

No! :lmao:

Oh dear!

I wasn’t embarrassed at all. Nope, not one little bit.

Oh, I'm sure you weren't. Not at all!

Getting my shuit together

:rotfl:

The white sand with lounge chairs all in neat rows and hammocks hung randomly in quiet places screamed “relax!”.

Sounds... wonderful!

Love that shot of you. All suited up (correctly!) and ready for adventure!

I dipped my toes in the water and then my idyllic reverie was shattered when I got yelled at. “The Lagoon’s not open yet!”.

:sad2:
Really? Then why allow you to go near it? Is this place open or isn't it? Sheesh. That would've annoyed me.

I idly watched a few fish venture to the border- perhaps they’d been scolded harshly about coming too close in but were the rebels of the fish world risking a life sentence to fish prison for coming in too close before opening.

:laughing: Stay in school, kids!

I'll refrain from Wall Jokes.

:rolleyes2

Here are the criminals on the Most Wanted List:

Nice shots of them!

Before long, my Dolphin Swim time was up and I headed to the Cabana where the check-in and briefing would happen. (I make it sound like a Black Ops mission, huh?)

Did you get to be airdropped from a helicopter????

Because... cool.

Each Dolphin Encounter has 32 slots in it wherein you are divided into 4 groups of 8.

Lots! I'm surprised.

I can’t remember her name. Sorry, this wasn’t a horse nor was this a desert, so a total fail.

Bob. Bob the dolphin. Because it's the perfect name for an aquatic mammal.

It’s super fun and I’m glad I got to do this once in my lifetime.

:goodvibes I'm glad you got the chance, too!

wow! great shot of you!

Awww... you look like you're having such a fun time! You look absolutely radiant!

Oh, okay. I take it back.

Awwww...

And while it was certainly fun and educational, I can honestly say it probably wasn’t the best part of my day Somewhere Beyond the Sea....

Really!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts