The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

and then there was that time Steppe decided to do the unthinkable during a trip to Florida,

and left Disney.
Well, as much as I love Disney and being in the bubble, my August trip is the first time I ever did NOT venture outside of the Disney bubble (besides the shopping excursions) and I sort of missed it. I did enjoy venturing to Universal. I've SeaWorld in the past. We normally would rent a house in Kissimmee and spend a few days just lounging by the private pool.

Let’s go find ADVENTURE Somewhere Beyond the Sea!
I really want to be listening to it right now, but I'm at work and can't access Youtube (it's my coffee break...ok?). But I'm thinking of it in my head. I really like that big band stuff. Having a quiet drink on the patio with Glenn Miller playing quietly in the background is a wonderful way to spend a summer afternoon.

I packed a few things including my bathing suit because while the dolphins swim naked, they generally frown on naked old ladies who’ve carried 5 kids.
What about old men who appear to be pregnant? Definitely frowned on I suppose.

Yes, I should reported her to Uber. Yes, I should have gotten a refund. But while the smile on my face was LONG gone, I was too busy to do any of that, and sucked up the extra few bucks in lieu of not dealing with a long phone call or email. Lesson learned: When you don’t know where you’re going, maybe have the destination pulled up on your phone and follow along.
Confession: I have never used Uber. It makes me a little nervous. I'm not sure why. I'm sure your experience is not the norm and in general it is fine. But I would still be tempted to take the standard taxi cab.

But, they did turn out well enough for you to get the idea of how incredibly beautiful this place is. There are streams and green everywhere. It was unbelievably clean and well kept. There were staff to greet you immediately and also to guide you along the way making sure you got to wherever you wanted to go. Not just at the entrance, but every step of the way all day long.
This is interesting. I have heard of Discovery Cove of course, but the most I knew is that you swim with Dolphins. I had pictured something like SeaWorld with a big concrete tank. Far different from the lush oasis it actually is. Now I would like to go there.
I'm just not sure the $200+ per person is going to happen with a family of 4. Maybe something for a solo or adults only trip one day.

To be honest, I think their customer service was far superior to Disney’s. It's as lovely as it is efficient.
I have a feeling this is what Disney's service used to be, or should be, but sadly isn't anymore.

I dipped my toes in the water and then my idyllic reverie was shattered when I got yelled at. “The Lagoon’s not open yet!”.
So, do you get to swim in the lagoon with these tropical fish? Don't answer if it's going to steal your thunder from another update. But if so, that's a part of DC I had no idea about.

And while it was certainly fun and educational, I can honestly say it probably wasn’t the best part of my day Somewhere Beyond the Sea....
Hmmm...very intriguing. I will certainly be looking forward to another update.

Hi Liesa....

I am posting and saying hello...I can be very good at following instructions.

New year for you...sounds like it is off to the start you needed it to be.

--Karilynn

All caught up!

The Edison looks really cool and I will need to check it out. The late night activities sounds intriguing as well.

Yum to the California Grill brunch. I have heard wonderful things about this meal.

Love love love all your photos from your excursions around Oregon, so beautiful.

Swimming with the dolphins has always been on my wish list, ever since reading the Madeleine L'Engle book featuring dolphins. (And I always mess up the title, because in my head, it's "the one with the dolphins," lol). (It's "A Ring of Endless Light," if you want the actual title. One of my absolute favorite books of all time.)

So, DC sounds like a pretty awesome experience! Can't wait to hear what topped the actual dolphin swim...

The single mom mention wasn't a big surprise, I have to admit. Sorry to hear it on a more official level, however. (((hugs))) Hope you can manage enough DIStime to help with your sanity...

Looking back at the CG pictures, I'm not seeing my absolute favorite thing...the tempura shrimp sushi rolls. Are they hiding?

Love hearing about your day (so far) at Discovery Cove. I would love to get there but that price tag is hard to swallow for the 3 of us.

Okay, I will quit just lurking and say Hello

:welcome::welcome::welcome: , Heidi!!

How wonderful to have you here! I was wondering who some of those that I know are reading are!

I am also from Oregon (Hillsboro area) and am loving seeing your shots around our state. DH and I use to love playing photographers on our down time, but never made it look as good and easy as you do. We may need to pick this hobby up again and get some lessons.

WHAT?! I was JUST in Hillsboro on Thursday moving my daughter there. :) She's near the Elmonica Station. I'm sure I'll be up there again soonish; I'd love to say hello in person sometime. There's a pretty good Indian place right near there. I used to live in Beaverton. Small world!

If you're on FB, you can find my photography page called Lincoln Landing Photography. :) There are some of Eastern Oregon, The Painted Hills, and other places. :)

I would absolutely encourage you to pick up photography again. It's a great hobby to get people out and find that creativity everyone has. ::yes::

Okay All,

More replies tomorrow on my "day off". I'm getting a steroid injection into C6-7 (my neck) for the neck injury I got a few months ago. Hoping A) It doesn't hurt too much and, B) It helps the pain and numbness and tingling down my arm enough to make me be able to avoid a disk replacement.

For now, just too pooped to finish up. Heading to bed early. Because I am not heading to Disney and getting up at 6:00 to have a needle get stabbed in your neck sucks. So it won't be easy to get up. But coffee will help. It will also help knowing it'll be my co-workers taking care of me. Let me tell ya, it is SO weird seeing your own name on the schedule!!

Now, nighty night, Friends. :)

Organic Tomato Soup & Gooey Grilled Cheese - fontina, muenster, gruyere, alpine swiss, on buttered sourdough $20
:scared1: $20 for a grilled cheese is ridiculous, even if it is very large. But that's Disney.

After about 5 minutes, a lady tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I needed some help, or if she could get someone for me.
Should of asked her for a tampon that's what we use in the ER.

Your Cali Grill Brunch sounds amazing I can't wait to do it some day, unfortunately DH balks at the $80 pp price tag and said no to it during the Epic May trip.

I had been wondering how your neck was and thought it might have been much better since you were able to do your Oregon trip. Hope your injection works for you.

Looking forward to hearing more about your DC day.

and left Disney.

:eek::faint:

I had a great time and am inclined now to try some other things around Orlando including Universal.

Blasphemy!

Ok, I'm thinking of doing that too.

If you are one of those who gets up with a spring in your step and a smile on your face for work at 6:00, I wanna be you when I grow up. Meantime, I will judge your sanity. You probably don’t even like coffee.

You mean these people exist??

I booked my DC Day months in advance and it is no small potatoes. The website says $199 for a day pass, which includes a swim with a dolphin. Breakfast and lunch, and unlimited snacks and drinks (including a limited selection of boozy, weak slushie drinks) are also included. So, similar to a day in Disney with a 1-day ticket.

I'll save it for when I can go by myself! :rotfl:

I packed a few things including my bathing suit because while the dolphins swim naked, they generally frown on naked old ladies who’ve carried 5 kids.

What is this world coming to?

I whipped out my phone and frantically plugged in Discovery Cove and gave my non-English speaking lady driver (here is where my guy readers are already crafting their most creative women driver jokes) a turn by turn narrative to get me to my destination.

:sad2:

But, they did turn out well enough for you to get the idea of how incredibly beautiful this place is.

It looks extremely lush.

To be honest, I think their customer service was far superior to Disney’s.

Wow! High praise!

The lockers are plenty big enough to hold all of your day gear in. They’re probably big enough to stash your misbehaving kids in too.

Now this is the best inside info yet! Will have to make use of this.

Because there is the occasional moron like me who comes out of the locker room with it on backwards.

Welp.

I dipped my toes in the water and then my idyllic reverie was shattered when I got yelled at. “The Lagoon’s not open yet!”.

Yikes. You almost upset the space-time continuum! Good thing you pulled back from the brink.

She must not be one of those happy 6:00 a.m. people.

For about 30 minutes, you pet the dolphin as it swims by you avoiding their blowhole, feed and watch her eat ice chips and fish, and then take a quick ride as she pulls you about 30 yards back to shore. It’s super fun and I’m glad I got to do this once in my lifetime.

Sounds like a blast. You look pleased as punch!

And… I’m missing a lot of my posters! Where are you?! Roll call time; post and say hello!

I've lost a lot, too. Always seems to happen after the first few chapters.

Because I am not heading to Disney and getting up at 6:00 to have a needle get stabbed in your neck sucks. So it won't be easy to get up. But coffee will help. It will also help knowing it'll be my co-workers taking care of me. Let me tell ya, it is SO weird seeing your own name on the schedule!!
Of all the reasons to get up in the morning, that has to be just about the worst. And that picture...I just did a girly heebie-jeebies dance.
I hope it helps you at least.

Of all the reasons to get up in the morning, that has to be just about the worst. And that picture...I just did a girly heebie-jeebies dance.
I hope it helps you at least.
I’m incensed!! I was NOT handed a mimosa afterwards, nor given hot stones during it.

:snooty:

Reading, but not up to multi quoting. I'm still working on my cup of coffee!

I've always wanted to try Discovery Cove, but I don't think I could get Fran up and over there that early and I'm not sure how much she could do there anyways, so I've kind of taken that off the list.

I thought the breakfast there was just continental not full on eggs and bacon. I do have to say that the thing at the bottom of your plate looks like something that my cats would leave for me. :laughing:

I would have somehow enabled myself to have coffee while in the car. I can't go that long without coffee!

Interesting to see the process and how the place works. Odd that they are so militant about the opening time for the lagoon. And I didn't think it was too long at all. I would rather have heard more.....

I'm getting a steroid injection into C6-7 (my neck) for the neck injury I got a few months ago.

That sounds... not so fun. But hopefully it will help with your troubles.

Hoping A) It doesn't hurt too much

:hug:

And... how was it? (since you posted the X-ray, I know it's done already)

B) It helps the pain and numbness and tingling down my arm enough to make me be able to avoid a disk replacement.

Probably far too soon (maybe?) to tell yet, so... hope this helps with all of that.

Good morning, Steppe. Welcome to your day off!

View attachment 374282

Umm.... I've been accused of being a pain in the neck fairly often (just ask my mom... heck any of my family) but... you actually have photographic proof!

I do have to say that the thing at the bottom of your plate looks like something that my cats would leave for me. :laughing:

I had thought the same thing... didn't look... appetizing.

Odd that they are so militant about the opening time for the lagoon.

That's the word I was looking for! Yes! Militant!
Maybe they didn't have lifeguards on duty yet? :confused3

Yikes on the needle in your spine! I hope you feel better after that!

And I got a nosebleed last night. :sad1: At least I was already in the bathroom and sitting down, but I blew my nose too hard and boom! Like three pieces of toilet paper later covered it blood it finally went away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter