Termination Questions

Meseeks

Earning My Ears
Sooooo, I'm in the DCP and have family visiting on the last day I actually work. There's a rumor I heard that if I called out on my last day I would get termed. Is that true?

I can't answer regarding the DCP...but technically you're self-terming. Your last day ends up being the last day worked...and you leave a VERY bad impression on your employer because you called out on your last scheduled day. You've also burned a bridge...

Most employers would view that as a perfectly good reason to never re-hire you.

Sooooo, I'm in the DCP and have family visiting on the last day I actually work. There's a rumor I heard that if I called out on my last day I would get termed. Is that true?
It doesn't sound like a good idea. You should try to work your last day and visit your family before or after work that day.

It's mostly a rumor, but sometimes there are leaders who are pretty disgruntled and will term you or make you a restricted re-hire. Otherwise, it leads to a rather bad impression. I would not do it or talk to a leader and see what they say that should give you a gage on how they'll react.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter