Team Goddess - Volume 11. Rocking 2012 Goddess Style!

I didn't plan much at all today. Breakfast was coffee and a pure protein bar. I've also managed to choke down a bottle of water. :)I. Grumble grumble.

We are there 3/19 - 3/26!

Cool! It would be great to meet IRL. We're staying at Bonnet Creek Resort. Tried it last year and it cannot be beat for location and value. Is this a band trip, too?

I think the Princess is off the table. DGF and I want to go someplace really warm and February looks like the month to do it. Thinking Puerto Rico.

Ronda

WOW! I forgot how quickly this thread moves! I was a regular back in the good old days (2008ish) and fell out of touch. Thank you to Liz for reminding me how much I enjoyed being part of this group.

Here is the nitty gritty on me:

Name: Kim
Height: 5'8 1/2
Weight: At goal
Diet: limit carbs and stick to high protein and lots of veggies
Favorite Park: MK
Favorite Ride(s): PoC, HM, Soarin', EE, ToT, RnR (I can't pick one)
Passion: Family, running, and being outdoors
Weakness: All things chocolate
Other Info: I work full time and am mom to two boys ages 7 and 5. I have a wonderful husband who I have been married to for 15 years. We have been DVC members for 2 years and are loving it. :thumbsup2

KIM! OMG, HI! It has been SO SO SO long!

When we last chatted, you were SO worried about your little guy (then 2) and about a potential serious illness. So glad it turned out to be nothing!

DVC! Love it! Best purchase we ever made.

So glad to have you back!

WOW! I forgot how quickly this thread moves! I was a regular back in the good old days (2008ish) and fell out of touch. Thank you to Liz for reminding me how much I enjoyed being part of this group.

Other Info: I work full time and am mom to two boys ages 7 and 5. I have a wonderful husband who I have been married to for 15 years. We have been DVC members for 2 years and are loving it. :thumbsup2

Hi Kim! :goodvibes I too started in 2008 but obviously it was after you.

First, a big congratulations on your goal weight. Lovely. Good for you.

DVC IS terrific - always vacation planning is a lovely past time. :laughing:

KIM! OMG, HI! It has been SO SO SO long!

When we last chatted, you were SO worried about your little guy (then 2) and about a potential serious illness. So glad it turned out to be nothing!

DVC! Love it! Best purchase we ever made.

So glad to have you back!

Listen Ms. Reminiscing - could we have a bio? :3dglasses Or some life update. :rolleyes1

Vent ahead.

Very stressed.

One of my cats is sick. At vets right now. Tests and misdiagnosing. All that fun. Before I do this ugly not loving person $ vent - I am most thankful that he will probably be okay. A given. I have not slept properly for days trying to monitor his litter - thank God for 400 sq. feet. :rotfl2:

But the amount is now way OVER a mortgage payment - well my mortgage anyway;). SIGHING. I would spend whatever but still :headache: regardless.

So I'm not coming to cheer you on. For sure not. I'm mad. I'm sad. And VERY frustrated. Up until today I still had hope of finding the money somewhere to be there. Work is very slow but I had hope. Please know I want to be there - not to mention my mom is down for three months and I miss her desperately and can't do that either. Although I go to WDW on the cheap - I wish I'd never gone in the summer and banked for your race. But that trip was sort of a post surgery focus. And then again any banked money would have gone to the vet. And around and around we go. Rambling.

Kat - no t-shirts for me. Thank you for all your work Kat.

Jean is turning 50 very soon and I've been trying to figure that out $$$ and this vet bill is HUGE. I try so hard to love vets but they make it so dam@ difficult.

Reading the internet on outcome of issues isn't helping because many are going my vet is charging me $100 or $300 and I'm swearing at them going "I wish".

Okay vent over.

And hopefully my cat will be home today. :thumbsup2

To think I'm a dog person that had a dislike for the feline before I gave into Jean and now I'm crying. They teach you so much. :lovestruc

Hi Kim! Congrats on being at goal. I will be a DVC owner one sweet day too. One can dream right?

I'm sorry Lisa! Sick animals are so tough - tugs at your heart. There is always ooenings for next year's cheat squad. :)

]Memphis was AWESOME! Amazing show.

:thumbsup2

I'm still tracking, still training, still struggling with my water :rolleyes1 Why is it, that I can hit the gym h.a.r.d., kick butt in my workouts, eat right, avoid alcohol, but I find it so difficult to drink water? Really - I'm 100% sure it's my last key here, and if I would just DRINK IT every day I'd see some real results!

Really. I don't get me :sad2:

Driving. They must grow so like snap, eh? Geez.

Water - Nancy have you ever tried a different vehicle for drinking it. I don't have an issue BUT I do a lot better and love it (even) more when I drink out of a glass juice bottle. Really it goes down differently. :confused3 Small opening - no clue.

I've never really met anyone with my body type! I love the red coat btw! :lovestruc

It's comforting. And I'm getting better and better at appreciating it - instead of hating it. But you have great legs? Yes? I don't. :rotfl2: Inside story. Hey, I know I don't run - but "at least I have legs" has to make the cut next year. Cause Nancy said while she was running. :rotfl2:

Red coat. Yes, it is. I agree. And I laughed when I saw the pictures. I"m early 20s up and wearing all the same clothes. :lmao: Obviously in a different manner but wearing. :3dglasses That's the plus of our body type. Lose 20 - Gain 20 - no big size change. That might be four sizes for the pipsqueak. :love:

Oh and another thing! (can you tell this is a quiet day for me with nothing on the calendar?!!?) ;)

I have Plantar Fasciitis, or a mild case of it.
)

Sorry Karen.

Yoga and running are a great mix. Coming from the avowed non-hippie over here, too.

I also very much appreciate that you used "really nice" instead of "real nice". :love:

I need to stop weighing every day (Hi Lisa!) but I am down almost 12 lbs since Jan 4th. Gotta love the getting rid of water weight effect!

My leg is a lot better and I am hoping to start walking again sometime late this week.

Congratulations Ms. Kit Kat. :thumbsup2 Down is down is down.....:love:

Yay for the leg getting better! :goodvibes AND, congrats on the 12 pounds! Wow! Who cares WHAT kind of weight it is, it's poundage and I'm sure not all water! :thumbsup2

oh and I went to look up how to pronounce Plantar Fasciitis and when I told my son he laughed and laughed, saying he could make up words too. It does sound pretty funny when you say it out loud. :p

I'm clearly procrastinating this morning. I don't want to clean! :ssst:

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

So cute on the bold.

Hi Kim! Congrats on being at goal. I will be a DVC owner one sweet day too. One can dream right?

Yes you will be successful business owner. :thumbsup2

Amiee - I dreamt about it for ten years owned for seven now. And guides would question what are you waiting for? I knew what I was waiting for. I could have easily financed it any of that time but didn't want to (for me only) - and let me tell you that dreaming phase is a LOVELY memory. I think that part of dreams come true is highly underrated. Truly.

But then again Amiee you do get HUGE DVC savings on your personal bookings with your CLIA ( I know you know) - have you checked out HH and VB? HH they will literally give it to you with your discount.

Yes you will be successful business owner. :thumbsup2

Amiee - I dreamt about it for ten years owned for seven now. And guides would question what are you waiting for? I knew what I was waiting for. I could have easily financed it any of that time but didn't want to (for me only) - and let me tell you that dreaming phase is a LOVELY memory. I think that part of dreams come true is highly underrated. Truly.

But then again Amiee you do get HUGE DVC savings on your personal bookings with your CLIA ( I know you know) - have you checked out HH and VB? HH they will literally give it to you with your discount.

I'm right there with you. I want to pay cash. CLIA has been very good to me. Amazing savings. My kids are begging me to take them to Vero. Hum, maybe I can do a few days at Vero and then hop on a ship with them?

I swear by a combination of Biofreeze (the original, not the new stuff you get at expos) and foam rollers for just about anything.... it's seriously my duct tape. But that might be why all these other random things are popping up.

Rhianna, did you decide on the Princess?

I'm starting over new. I'm going back to my higher protein and lower bad carb diet (just the bad ones, keeping the good ones). I'm sick of feeling dizzy and like I'm living outside of my body. That's what my insulin issues do to me. I hate it and I am angry at myself for getting back into my old habits. I went so long without having issues and now, it's almost daily. Turning over a new leaf, don't even care what the scale says. I just want to have energy again.

:hug: Amiee.

Waahoo! I've gotten reservations for the Wishes Dessert party for my upcoming spring break trip! My brother and I are again taking his two kids, 10 and 8 to WDW over spring break. I did the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert party last weekend and was sold! Reservations for March finally opened up today!

Not having to defend a seat is going to be fantastic!

Ronda

I LOVE the excitement. :thumbsup2

EE - go with what makes you feel good. Knowing what IT is gives you a huge advantage.

Ronda

No truer words are spoken.

Also - with shoes. Avoid flip-flops, clogs, etc - anything that doesn't have a back.

]

You leave my clogs alone missy. ;) I wear them all year - in the middle of winter - with no socks. :rotfl2:

OMG, 9 days until Disney! I don't even know what to do with myself! :laughing:

I guess not. Very excited for you.

. Thinking Puerto Rico.

Ronda

Nice. :goodvibes

Okay - thank you for distracting me from tears and fear of his health. The outcome. Sighing. A great distraction.

Here he is lovingly tolerating his little brother.

100_8743.jpg

:love: to everyone.

Now someone bring my CUTIE back and all would be well. After tax season of course. :rotfl2:

Hi all posting from my kindle,

Genius! :idea: :thumbsup2

I didn't plan much at all today.

I am a major fail at planning some days. Today, meh. Just ok. But I can't write up a menu, grocery shop for the items on said menu, then cook/eat what my schedule says to eat. No, that is so not me. Of course, everything you read says something sappy like "if you fail to plan then plan to fail". I so HATE that mantra. Seriously, I wish people would just shut it. :laughing:

(and that angry rant was most likely brought on by the fact that it is TRUE and I just don't want to face reality that I $uck at it! :laughing:. Nope not competitive :rolleyes1)

Cool! It would be great to meet IRL. We're staying at Bonnet Creek Resort. Tried it last year and it cannot be beat for location and value. Is this a band trip, too?

Yes! We need to connect while we are there. It is the music department trip - Becca is going with chorus. We are going at the same time as them, not *with* them.

I think the Princess is off the table. DGF and I want to go someplace really warm and February looks like the month to do it. Thinking Puerto Rico.

Aw bummer! On the Princess part, naturally. Puerto Rico sounds delightful!

Welcome back Kim! :wave:

Listen Ms. Reminiscing - could we have a bio? :3dglasses Or some life update. :rolleyes1

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

One of my cats is sick.

So I'm not coming to cheer you on. For sure not. I'm mad. I'm sad. And VERY frustrated. Up until today I still had hope of finding the money somewhere to be there. Work is very slow but I had hope. Please know I want to be there - not to mention my mom is down for three months and I miss her desperately and can't do that either. Although I go to WDW on the cheap - I wish I'd never gone in the summer and banked for your race. But that trip was sort of a post surgery focus. And then again any banked money would have gone to the vet. And around and around we go. Rambling.

Oh no! :sad1: Poor kitty! And poor ME! :rolleyes1 I was so, so hoping that you would come. Crap. You're going to make me do this race again next year aren't you? Oh Lisa. My doctors are going to KILL me when I tell them :laughing:

Water - Nancy have you ever tried a vehicle for drinking it.

:lmao: When I first read that I was thinking "a vehicle? Like drinking and driving"? :rotfl2: But the answer is yes. I've moved to a smaller glass. I drink the whole glass at once, and try to do it more frequently. It's not that I don't LIKE water, I just don't like having to pee every 15 minutes

But you have great legs? Yes? I don't. :rotfl2: Inside story. Hey, I know I don't run - but "at least I have legs" has to make the cut next year. Cause Nancy said while she was running. :rotfl2:

ohmygoodness. I never told you my latest "at least I have legs story".

So, as most of you know, just before Christmas I was diagnoised with arthritis in my left hip. Not fun. Or curable. But with the right treatments, managable. I was having a really hard time accepting the fact that I had to adjust some things in my life, and that my doctors (3 of them now), my physical therapist AND my personal trainer all were telling me that this upcoming Princess should be my last.

I was at the gym feeling sorry for myself as I limped my way thru a ridiculously short run - like 2 miles. (which is, Lisa, SHORT in terms of training, so don't argue with me! :laughing:) when in walked a woman with one arm. She had been coming fairly regularly so it wasn't a big surprise.

Then (same day) a middle aged man came in. I'd seen him a couple times before, sporadically. He has a prosthetic leg. Again, I'd seen him previously so no huge "ah-ha" for me.

BUT! (yes, still the same day) a young guy - maybe in his 20's? - came in. With crutches, and a prosthetic leg. This whole situation was clearly new to him as his movement was awkward and unsure.

Somebody was clearly trying to send a message to me. I shut up and finished my run, and haven't complained since no matter HOW my hip felt.

You leave my clogs alone missy. ;) I wear them all year - in the middle of winter - with no socks. :rotfl2:

Ok there settle down :laughing: You aren't battling plantar faciitis now are you!

The kitty pic is adorable!:lovestruc

My kitty is anything BUT adorable. The two older girls are fine. (well, truth be told, I think the old lady is getting feline alzheimers, which is kinda cute sometimes). But the little monster? Annoying as all he!!. To call him "little" is not accurate either. He's at least 10 pounds now. And smelly :eek::rotfl2: really, he's a boy (yes, neutered. I'd say "fixed" but my kids would say "broken" :laughing:) and he's insane, crazy, stupid. He jumped into the refrigerator last night when I was cleaning up after dinner. IN it. And he tries to climb in the feezer, cabinets, dishwasher...everywhere. Totally irritating. Attacks everything except his toys. He is constantly getting himself kicked out of the house.

Anyone want a kitty? :cat: Who could resist after a glowing recommendation like that? :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter