Team Goddess - Volume 11. Rocking 2012 Goddess Style!

So I am a slacker and just now getting back to the boards. Hello all! EE checking in finally.

Grrrrr Ice - my nemesis :eek:

:

OMG Kellly. I guess it is YOUR biggest enemy. :rotfl2::lmao:

I had my weekly weigh-in and beating this morning. This week I kept detailed records of my food, water & exercise. (oh Lisa. Erin is KILLING me!) I was feeling just a tiny bit frustrated that my weight loss was only 1 pound. I thought I had *earned* more that THAT! Well, Ms. Erin did my bodyfat. I lost several pounds of fat, gained a bit of muscle and overall dropped 2.4% of my body fat. :yay: Ok. I can live with a one pound loss now

What? You lost 2.4% body fat in a week? :dance3: Even if it's not a week - that's outstanding. AND the pound. What the frig do you expect when you have such little to lose missy? It's all relative. And I can't wait until you get to goal. Because this time I am determined to have you celebrate. Even if that means that I sit in the field with the goats. Can you imagine? I would cry with the goats. :rotfl2:

Oh wait - I forgot to tell you - my father sent me a goat video at Christmas - babies playing. So CUTE! I'm sorry for eating you my fun goats. :sad2:

Hey Lisa. Guess what! I was just given permission to use my whistle :scared1:

Yeah, but for who? Erin? I doubt I have it right. :lmao: For pipsqueak? Oh wait was it for Paula and Amiee? AMIEE!!!!!!!!!!! If we could only entice the Cutie.

Nancy! 2.4% bodyfat! That rocks!

No, I really haven't started packing! I don't know what the heck is wrong with me?!?!? I'm a freak of a planner and planned this trip for months and months, made tshirts, journals, autograph books...and now...I got nothin'. :laughing: I think part of it is b/c everything we are wearing, we still are wearing NOW, so I can't pack any of that stuff and the tshirts I made are already in the bins I'm taking (we're driving). So, I don't know what to do?!?! It's really confusing, I usually have this all planned down to the last toothbrush but I seem stuck in limbo?!?! :rolleyes1

Lisa, enjoy your snow! In fact, why don't you enjoy my snow too...you can have it all! Take it! Take it! :p

The snow hardly came. It's there. It's snowing. But it can't even be an inch. DRAT. Maybe later.

Karen, so thrilled about your trip. Please continue the countdown. It makes me very excited.

I am keeping a list of non-scale accomplishments. I try to add to it daily. Aren't you proud of me, Lisa?

I leave tomorrow right after work. I'm not packed. Not happy about that!

Remember in the summer when I said "get it done" and then I lost my post and couldn't retype. When you came on and asked "should I not look at it anymore?".

Well, here's where my thoughts were - for you.

Liz, I think you have everything you need and are in a great place. A fantastic place.

The weight gain means nada. Why? Because it's whether we all have in place to "let it go" sort of speak. Not ignore it of course. But let it go in the sense of being much more at peace. I hate and I strongly feel that women use food/weight as a control issue and use it as a weapon against themselves at times and I don't want that for any of us. (I think you all know that about me by now :rotfl2: :love:) So the biggest goal is not the weight loss but the peace. THE PEACE. Wait more than peace - making even more important issues in life a priority. Imagine what we'd all be if we took all the energy that we put into food/weight somewhere else? popcorn::

It's not the weight loss that is the important part. It's that - mental game at goal. Wait maybe not even at goal. No, it's not even about goal.

So here you are with so many skills, important lessons learned and tools. One, you LOVE Liz. You've loved her at XXX and at YYY. That's a gift and wow. It's where all of us SHOULD be.

You have a wonderful family. I will say something about your husband. I ADORE him and I don't even know him. I know he's not perfect - who is. But remember when you were wondering what weight to end up at and we were on AIM and he said "Liz it doesn't matter - whatever is best for you". He's always loved you - never has been about your weight. Why am I saying this? Because IT'S A GIFT. From a strong and loving husband. Yes, it should be a given. But not all partners/spouses etc are like that Liz.

Your mom. You've learned over many years full of fear and joy and probably pure exhaustion - that despite your mother's fight - that YOU MUST look after yourself and your family as well - in tandem with loving her. A true gift for your life.

So you have support and love. And then you have a FULL LIFE. What does that have to do about weight loss? Well I truly believe that many obstacles - weight, depression, anorexia, alcoholism even issues as huge as terrorism - can be greatly reduced/helped by having personal passions in life. A focus. A personal regualr joy. And you have TONS of them. It's lovely to see. A joy for me. And inspiring.

When you don't have them - full regular joys and passions - it's very easy for one's brain to go so many dark places.

You know how to get it done Liz. Another gift. You like WW. And fully appreciate how the program never makes a villian out of food. Yeah WW!

And the biggest lesson that you and I both learned. We both learned that we were so focused on the end point - the goal - where we weren't quite at - but close - we were so focused on it and not being there yet that we both didn't fully take in where we were.

What a gift for life. I'm sure both of us will never ever make that error again.

So as far as I'm concerned Liz - you're there. There is just waiting for your body to catch up.

So am I proud of you? ;) A given. :love:

What have I missed? Where are you going?

I'm here. :)

I've done 8 half marathons since this group pushed me into my first, Princess 2010. My PR was November 2011 at 2:44, but I am down for the count lately with a strange lower leg injury. Still hoping to walk the Princess, though.

It STILL KILLS me. :love: Look at you! :thumbsup2 You should be so proud of yourself Kat.

Here's to your leg issue being gone - gone - gone.

Ok ok... since you had a revelation, I will come out of my hibernation / workaholic haze to comment.

Lisa I am so freak in proud of you I cant even put it into words! Yup - speechless I am.

What a great thing to find. It is liberating is it not?

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH.

Bio. Bio. Bio. You're staying, yes? Don't make me beg Paula. Cause I will. popcorn::

Thanks Paula.

But you should REALLY take it in. Because there are few times in life when one human being impacts another in such a HUGE way. :love:

I love the shirts! Any idea how the arms run?

I had a bit of wind knocked out of my sails last night when two of the four friends that were running this year decided to put off their Princess registration until 2013, so now my plans are up in the air. Under normal circumstances I'd just go solo and be able to swing it, but I just booked two rooms for March when my dad is in town (quick aside- is it weird that at almost 32 I'm still excited by holding my dad's hand while walking down Main St in the MK?) so my finances are a bit tighter than usual. Sigh. Hmm... I wonder if there will still be relatively inexpensive rooms left in a few weeks when I get paid again...

I have a plan in place today to see if I can pull it together since I do know quite a few people who are running-- man, I'm really hoping this works-- I'm REALLY looking forward to it!

Frustrating Rhianna. But don't let it take the wind out of your sails. You now have a whole group to run with. Don't you think it's funny that you found us a day before your friends dropped out? :rolleyes1 Don't make me do the Twilight Zone song. :rotfl2:

I mean not with me - with them. I'm the ONE non-runner on here. :laughing:

I have BIG arms

Whatever. They hardly look big.

Thanks for taking on the shirts Kat!!!

Erika - get your a$$ back here.

Oh and I forgot - down 2.3. :thumbsup2

But I would love to know body fat more. How did Erin measure?

Nancy - I'm going to wait for a month and then I'm going to tell you why I think it's moving better than the .2s of the summer. I just want to make sure it's true. Has to do with heart rate.

Jo, where are you? :lovestruc

Thanks for taking on the shirts Kat!!!

Thanks for everything you just posted to Liz. :hug:

Now, shirts. Do you want one? Both? What size? I will totally mail to Canada you know, and then you will actually get everything else I have for you too and been too slack to get to you...

It looks like it will be about $20-22/shirt for the Team Goddess ones. Shipping to the US will be $5 extra for a flat rate Priority mail padded envelope or small box. Lisa, don't worry about shipping since I owe you a package anyhow. :)

Sadly, Kelly, I can't ship to you without about a $20 surcharge, I don't think? I am not well-versed on shipping to the UK.

Rhi, this is last years shirt, I have pretty wide arms and they are loose on my arms. This is a 2XL though, so you have to judge it by that. Please ignore my unkept hair and goofy round face, this is me a few minutes ago and I'm headed to run! :goodvibes

photo-9.jpg

Karen, thanks for the pic!!

However, that's our tech shirt and the ones we are doing in the above two links are cotton. They are for wearing to the expo and then drinking after the race. :)

They are very close to the women's cut t-shirts that CafePress offers, if you have ever ordered from there.

We will all be wearing the shirt that Karen is modelling above for the race, so if you see that, you are seeing one of us! :goodvibes

I could do another order of that shirt, but I need a 6 shirt minimum.

Thanks guys! I actually had been lurking on the DVC boards and park tip boards for years (usually right around my trips), but didn't find the WISH section until googling one of the awesome t-shirts I saw at the marathon this past weekend. Scrolling down on the main page is SO HARD. :rotfl:

PrincessRhi - aka Rhianna. Or one of the many nicknames I've picked up playing sports

Height: 5'8'
Weight: Oh man. 240. Sigh.
Personal Stats: Just moved to WPB from Boston to live with my boyfriend-- would love a WDW wedding since we both love it there. We have three awesome dogs.
Live in: West Palm Beach, FL
Favorite Park: The science nerd in me LOVES Epcot.
But I Love: really big and fast rollercoasters
Passions: bar trivia, karaoke, rugby (retired from playing), hockey (also retired), coaching, rescuing senior animals, volunteering, neuroscience, canoeing, and drinking wine.
Important to know: I'm a nerd. I have a lot of knowledge to put plans together, but sometimes lack the action/motivation to follow through. I love being outside. I didn't become a 'runner' until I was 24, but I've run an ultramarathon relay (by far my FAVORITE event EVER), a few marathons, and even more half marathons, 10ks, 5ks, and other random distances-- plus DNFed a few times. I love the camaraderie of running, even though I'm a turtle.
Weight loss plan and goals: Man, has weight loss been a rollercoaster for me. I find that I eat balanced meals within my calorie range, but due to years of high stress jobs and family situations, I became inactive and the weight just snuck back on. Over the past six years, I've put back on 55 pounds that I worked hard to lose and keep off post-college. I didn't notice 10lb/year gains until I realized I was 10lbs lighter than I had been at my heaviest point. :scared1: So my plan last year was to start running distance again. Long story short, my overall goal is to lose 5lbs/month (if I have bigger losses, great-- if not, oh well) and find my 9 minute mile that I loved so much. Maybe if I tempt it with cake it will come back. And I need the motivation/encouragement to actually stick to a training plan.

I just DNFed the Marathon Relay-- I got food poisoning on Thursday night, was RIDICULOUSLY sick through the weekend, HAD to show up on the line Sunday morning and give it a shot. Had I not had a phone/portapotty thing, I likely could have finished, but I'm glad I threw in the towel because it got bad. But rather than feeling like giving up, I signed myself up for the Princess half. I guess I'm off to a good start :)

Rhianna - I wanted to give you a personal shout out. Welcome and thank you for sharing with us. Each of us have our struggles, but we share and grow together. I can safely say that my life has changed for the better thanks to this group. I hope that happens for you too.

I would keep the rooms, if I were you - if you already have them. So only one friend can go with you? Or would you be on your own?

I'd totally go on my own if I can finagle it.

We basically planned registering for the Princess half while sitting at the finish line this past weekend waiting for friends to finish-- total last minute decision and without thinking. The girl that backed out first was in charge of the rooms, which likely weren't booked. She was coming down from Boston, going to fly to NC to meet another friend to drive down, and then meet me and possibly one other in Orlando-- but question of affordability now that one person has backed out is causing others to as well. I completely understand, nor do I fault them for it-- life happens. If I didn't just pay for a Disney trip and have two more already booked Disney trips in the next four months, I would have the spare room in my finances as well ;) I think there's a DVC somewhere in my future... if I can stop spending money on resorts long enough to save for the downpayment! :rotfl2:

I think I'm just really biting at the bit because of my DNF this past weekend. Walking away without a medal isn't bad considering I was ridiculously sick and still recovering, but you know how it is.... The Wine & Dine is just so far away!

Ok ok... since you had a revelation, I will come out of my hibernation / workaholic haze to comment.

I'm so glad to see you that I'm not even disappointed that I didn't get to use my whistle! :lovestruc

So I am a slacker and just now getting back to the boards. Hello all! EE checking in finally.

You too! So glad you are here :hug:

But I would love to know body fat more. How did Erin measure?

Nancy - I'm going to wait for a month and then I'm going to tell you why I think it's moving better than the .2s of the summer. I just want to make sure it's true. Has to do with heart rate.

Continuing my love fest :laughing: Lisa. I don't know if you realize just how much I've learned from you these last few years :lovestruc Really and truly I believe that you have brought out the best in all of us! Thank you! :flower3:

As for the body fat, Erin has this gizmo that she enters in my height, weight, age, gender, and then I squeeze the handles and VOILA! It magically computes the number. :laughing:

I'm curious about your heart rate theories. I have theories too. :idea:

I think I'm just really biting at the bit because of my DNF this past weekend. Walking away without a medal isn't bad considering I was ridiculously sick and still recovering, but you know how it is.... The Wine & Dine is just so far away!

Yes! I do get it. Completely. Have you registered at this point? I really know very little about Florida geography. How close are you to WDW? :confused3

Karen, thanks for the pic!!

However, that's our tech shirt and the ones we are doing in the above two links are cotton. They are for wearing to the expo and then drinking after the race. :)

They are very close to the women's cut t-shirts that CafePress offers, if you have ever ordered from there.

We will all be wearing the shirt that Karen is modelling above for the race, so if you see that, you are seeing one of us! :goodvibes

I could do another order of that shirt, but I need a 6 shirt minimum.

Well, leave it up to me to post a horrible pic of myself AND the wrong shirt! :lmao:

3 miles today! :goodvibes

Yes! I do get it. Completely. Have you registered at this point? I really know very little about Florida geography. How close are you to WDW? :confused3

I was going to do it this afternoon, but think I'll wait until the end of the weekend to decide. Last I checked, it was only at 89% full for registration, so I'm not too worried if I take an extra day or so. I actually think I may have my boyfriend on board for a weekend visit-- maybe it can be my birthday present.

I am maybe 2.5 hours south of WDW, and it isn't a bad drive-- just not one I'm sure I want to do at 1 am before I have to run a race.

Rhianna - I wanted to give you a personal shout out. Welcome and thank you for sharing with us. Each of us have our struggles, but we share and grow together. I can safely say that my life has changed for the better thanks to this group. I hope that happens for you too.

Thank you so much! I'm really looking forward to it!

Nancy - what is the gizmo called? Wow. Holy cow Batman - how I would love to know.

Or maybe not!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

Thank you for your sweet words Nancy. Ditto. :love:

Kat - tshirts look fantastic. Great work. I will let you know. Thank you. :goodvibes

Karen - you look cute and so do not look your weight. That IS a compliment just in case it doesn't come off as one. :goodvibes

Megan - miss you.

Love to everyone. Hope you all are having a fantastic weekend. I can not wait for the Golden Globes. I am such a E! girl - love the GGs. It's the one award show that is actually entertaining. I went out and bought all my award show goodies - wasabi peas - bean burritos - salsa and chips - peanut butter m and ms - Doritos. I have little bowls and everything. A very important GG set up snack area. Too bad I'm not on WW - now that would be a historic points day that you all talk about. :rotfl2:

Lisa - I don't know if this is exactly the same one that she has, but this is what it looks like:

http://www.amazon.com/Omron-Fat-Loss-Monitor/dp/B004W5P69Y

LOVE your GG party plans! I adore Ricky Gervais! I won't get to see the whole show as tomorrow night we are going to be at the theatre. We're seeing Memphis.

We're leaving in just a few minutes to go ice skating. :eek: Yeah. Just a *tad* scary! And C-O-L-D! ohmygoodness it's cold out. I guess that's to be expected being that it's winter and all :laughing: And, it's an outdoor rink. yikes. Dinner with friends afterward, so that will be fun - but FAST! I have to get home to watch my Patriots whomp the Te-bow outta Denver :thumbsup2

oh - how was the b-ball game?

HI All, Remember me, Holy Cow 6 pages in.

First you all know I can't get on DIS at work. So that leaves the night time and weekends.

Today was very busy will a visit with a good friend., We had a blast, got to say good bye twice, due to a misplaced hand bag. :rotfl2:

WELCOME RHI:welcome: Sorry about your DNF.

Karen, I need to talk to you about autograph books,
You know how to make them? We are going in Sept as a family, I was going to bring the girls back books when I come back from the princess. But I would love to make them instead, I just dont know how.

Lisa, TOTALLY get it was a compliment. I get it a lot, it's the height. I am so glad I'm tall, it helps me carry a heavier weight, but I've been this way since I was a kid, so maybe I really DO have heavy bones? :laughing: At my lowest weight (as an adult) of 180, I was totally "normal" size, I could wear a medium and felt great, so I just have a higher weight on the scale...wish that would make me feel better, but usually the number gets to me anyway! Ooops, ramble for Lisa! ;)

Jo, I didn't make my autograph books b/c every time I went to go print/cut/assemble them, I realize it would be just as easy to purchase them! I did make journal/activity books and those came out great! If you want to make them yourself, the best place to start is the DISign boards. They have cards with pics of each character and you can pick and choose which ones you want, print and cut them and then take them somewhere like Staples where they will spiral bind them for about 4$.

Here's a guide on the DISign board to get you started!
Simple Guide to making an autograph book...

Lisa - I loving your GG spread. PB M&Ms and wasabi peas!

Jo - is it blocked, or just a good idea? I use the DIScreet setting (lower left in the window). Just a thought.

Nancy - Ice skating sounds like fun. I'd generate heat trying to stay standing. Played pond hockey as a kid. I wanted skates and got figure skates for Christmas. Very pointy. Not good. Your Pats are bringing it.

Karen - good job on the run!

I'm sitting with Gus in a recliner at DGF's mother's home. We got in late last night. I am getting over a cold and was banned (by DGF) from spending too much time with her mom. I showed her the Mickey medal and race shirt and left. She's doing pretty well, but needs some time and encouragement to build her strength. Gus, her dachshund, is a great carrot.

I did some little house things... new flapper in the toilet, new closer on the storm door. We reconnected for lunch. I went to visit my folks. It was a tech afternoon with them. New print cartridges, more iPod Touch classes and changed iTunes from my Apple ID to hers. She also wanted Google Earth on her laptop.

Laughing right now... watching football and saw the WW for Men ad. "Seriously, when you need to buy new underwear, you've lost some weight. "

With that, I'm done.

Ronda

Today was very busy will a visit with a good friend., We had a blast, got to say good bye twice, due to a misplaced hand bag. :rotfl2:

:goodvibes

Nancy - Ice skating sounds like fun. I'd generate heat trying to stay standing. Played pond hockey as a kid. I wanted skates and got figure skates for Christmas. Very pointy. Not good. Your Pats are bringing it.

Skating was fun! No spills for me :thumbsup2 although the kids did taunt me a bit! Pizza afterward was ah-mazing!! (ummm...WW on hold for a little bit there!) and now, nice warm house, comfy chair and my Patriots!! (as they score again! :cheer2:)

Laughing right now... watching football and saw the WW for Men ad. "Seriously, when you need to buy new underwear, you've lost some weight. "

With that, I'm done.

Ronda

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Productive day Ronda!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter