Table Service for lunch

ShaneH

Mouseketeer
was wondering if most of the table service places are open at lunch time and if they have the same menus? We are going in September to take advantage of the free dining, planning on eating breakfast in the room then lunch and dinner on the DP. We usually like to eat a bigger lunch and a lighter dinner so was wondering about the table service places for lunch and then counter service or snacks for dinner, anyone take this approach? Also can TS credits be traded for CS credits?

was wondering if most of the table service places are open at lunch time and if they have the same menus? We are going in September to take advantage of the free dining, planning on eating breakfast in the room then lunch and dinner on the DP. We usually like to eat a bigger lunch and a lighter dinner so was wondering about the table service places for lunch and then counter service or snacks for dinner, anyone take this approach? Also can TS credits be traded for CS credits?

Most TS resturants ARE open for lunch...some offer a different menu...others do not...check out the menus on this site for details...for example, we jsut returned from WDW and ate lunch at 50's Primetime for lunch...I think the menu was the same as dinner....you can use your meal and snack credits when you wish (as long as you do not order 3 adult meals and only have 2 adults on plan...this is a no-no). We had our 9 year old not want to eat dinner one night (therefore she did not use her child's TS credit)...on the last day, we of course did not have any credits left other than this one...we were eating at the food court in the Poly and I asked the cashier if she would convert it to a CS...she did so without any problems...we could have made better use of it by using it at a TS meal, but it still saved us in the long run...one less kid's meal we had to buy the last day. By the way, the flatbread pizza's at the Poly foodcourt are the BEST!! I hope this makes sense.

We pretty much did this last May on the DDP. We brought food to eat in the room for breakfast (we found that this saves a good deal of time in the mornings and we are not huge breakfast eaters) and we then used our TS for dinner or lunch with the CS as the other meal. One lunch that we really enjoyed was the Liberty Tree Tavern - this has a completely different menu than dinner (at dinner it is a character meal with a Thanksgiving-like family style all you can eat) and we would never eat there for dinner since I dislike Thanksgiving food! It was a nice cool break in the middle of one of our MK days and the food was delicious, service fantastic.

All of the TS restaurants in the parks are open for lunch. Outside the parks, the ones that do lunch are: B&C, Big River, ESPN, Concourse, Trail's End, GFC, Olivia's, Kona, Turf Club, WCC & YCG. The menus are very similar but not quite identical; there usually are a few items available at dinner that are not available at lunch and vice versa. As far getting a CS meal for a TS credit, I have no personal experience with that but as you can see some posters have reported being able to do this. I don't think you can *count on* being able to do this on the spur of the moment at whatever CS restaurant you happen to be at, probably because of differing computer system issues. I know I have read on here that some people were able to get TS credits converted to CS credits at their resort front desk on a 1 for 1 basis, but you would only want to do this if you were absolutely sure you would not be able to use those TS credits, because I'm pretty sure once such a conversion is made, it's not reversible.

My favorite lunch by far was at Liberty Tree Tavern. It was almost my favorite meal of the trip. Especially grilled buttered pound cake with caramel pecan sauce with ice cream. Worth going there for that alone!! Le Cellier in Canada was a really nice lunch too. Other than that we did dinners on the DP. Would change it around a little next trip. Have fun eating!!!

I just got back and met a group there that that's all they did; they ate their TS at luchtime and CS later in the night. Seemed to work for them.

We ended up eating our lunchtime CS so late most days we were still kinda full by the time our dinner Reservations came up. It would seem to give you a lot more flexibility in your eating, doing TS for lunch.

My favorite lunch by far was at Liberty Tree Tavern. It was almost my favorite meal of the trip. Especially grilled buttered pound cake with caramel pecan sauce with ice cream. Worth going there for that alone!! Le Cellier in Canada was a really nice lunch too. Other than that we did dinners on the DP. Would change it around a little next trip. Have fun eating!!!

Oh, yes! I :love: that dessert! Liberty Tree for lunch is one of our favorites, too. We have done it the last two times we've gone, and are going again in Sept. for my birthday!:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!