Swan & Dolphin - anyone stayed recently?

I was at the Dolphin earlier this month and It was a nice trip. I had a "no view" king room - which overlooked the driveway. But it was close to the elevator and had a walk in shower rather than a tub (my preference). It was fine, clean, housekeeping was great. And I wasn't looking for a view - I was either in the parks OR when I was in the room I was working/showering/sleeping.

I did walk out to the pool to have drinks with some friends and it seemed fine. I did not use the gym this time around though I have in the past.

While my room was nowhere new and shiny, there was no mold. It's a Sheraton property so the rooms at the Dolphin are two DOUBLE beds (not queens) or else the King beds (which I prefer).

I DID take a Minnie Van to MK for rope drop on my last trip as they are allowed into the area with the buses - it's extra $$ but worth it to me. going back from MK, I walked to the Contemporary and got a lift rather than deal with TTC/buses (as I was leaving after fireworks with the masses of folks).

Otherwise I walked to HS for rope drop, took the boat back. Took the boat to Epcot and back a couple of times for evenings/dinner. Bus to AK was fine and I think in a better location than the Disney buses.

I like Fuel - there are a lot of options in the mornings as well as snacks. And I love the lounge at Shulas.
I guess the bus thing has changed since the last time we stayed at the Swan. The Swan bus does not drop off with the other WDW buses?

Minnie Van is new since we have been also. That sounds like a great option!

I guess the bus thing has changed since the last time we stayed at the Swan. The Swan bus does not drop off with the other WDW buses?

Minnie Van is new since we have been also. That sounds like a great option!

Swan and Dolphin uses MEARS to manager their buses.

At Animal Kingdom, the buses drop off at the same place LYFT drops off. ALL the "onsight-offsight" buses such as Four Seasons, Shades of Green, JW Marriot, etc.

At Magic Kingdom, the buses drop off at the TTC. which means you have to take the monorail or ferry. The ONLY buses that can go directly to MK are the Disney buses, Minnie Vans, and Golden Oak has a drop off there. In the past, I HAVE walked to the Boardwalk for that bus for MK but this last trip my ankle wasn't up to that much extra walking.

Minnie Van is accessed through the LYFT app. They are more $$ than Lyft BUT if you have kids they also have up to 2 car seats and a booster. They are Disney employees in a Disney owned vehicle.

We had a very nice stay at the Dolphin in December. No issues at all with the room, except they gave us an accessible room for some reason and I didn't prefer the layout. I had been concerned about cleanliness based on reviews I had seen; our room and the bathroom were just fine.

At Animal Kingdom, the buses drop off at the same place LYFT drops off. ALL the "onsight-offsight" buses such as Four Seasons, Shades of Green, JW Marriot, etc.

At Magic Kingdom, the buses drop off at the TTC. which means you have to take the monorail or ferry. The ONLY buses that can go directly to MK are the Disney buses, Minnie Vans, and Golden Oak has a drop off there. In the past, I HAVE walked to the Boardwalk for that bus for MK but this last trip my ankle wasn't up to that much extra walking.

Minnie Van is accessed through the LYFT app. They are more $$ than Lyft BUT if you have kids they also have up to 2 car seats and a booster. They are Disney employees in a Disney owned vehicle.
We are considering a Minnie Van for MK rope drop from the Dolphin. Would you be willing to share any details of your experience, such as: what time you ordered the ride, what time you got picked up and how much it cost?

We are considering a Minnie Van for MK rope drop from the Dolphin. Would you be willing to share any details of your experience, such as: what time you ordered the ride, what time you got picked up and how much it cost?

Of course!

Early Entry was 8.30 AM. I ordered a Minnie van around 7:18-ish. My LYFT receipt shows I was picked up at 7.23, dropped off at 7.38. Cost on that day was $39.14+tip. It was WELL worth it to me (personally)

I was in, through Main Street, and about 4 or 5 families back from the rope at Fantasyland

She DID mention that if I had been much earlier she couldn't have dropped me at the bus loop (but would have dropped me at Contemp) as they hold the buses until an hour before early entry begins before allowing them in the loop/drop off. So Minnie Vans cannot be in the bus area until the buses have been cleared.

When you order, the Lyft app may try to "force" TTC as the location (since the park hasn't opened). Just tell your driver you want to go directly to MK as verification.

Of note: IF you order a Minnie van on the way back AT NIGHT (meaning close to fireworks or later) I was advised to order while walking down Main Street. There can be a huge que that time of night and some folks I talked with waited 20 minutes for a Minnie van when MK closed for regular guests (it was a late night for Deluxe Guests that night). This is why I ended up walking to the Contemporary and grabbing a regular Lyft at their valet area.

Of course!

Early Entry was 8.30 AM. I ordered a Minnie van around 7:18-ish. My LYFT receipt shows I was picked up at 7.23, dropped off at 7.38. Cost on that day was $39.14+tip. It was WELL worth it to me (personally)

I was in, through Main Street, and about 4 or 5 families back from the rope at Fantasyland

She DID mention that if I had been much earlier she couldn't have dropped me at the bus loop (but would have dropped me at Contemp) as they hold the buses until an hour before early entry begins before allowing them in the loop/drop off. So Minnie Vans cannot be in the bus area until the buses have been cleared.

When you order, the Lyft app may try to "force" TTC as the location (since the park hasn't opened). Just tell your driver you want to go directly to MK as verification.

Of note: IF you order a Minnie van on the way back AT NIGHT (meaning close to fireworks or later) I was advised to order while walking down Main Street. There can be a huge que that time of night and some folks I talked with waited 20 minutes for a Minnie van when MK closed for regular guests (it was a late night for Deluxe Guests that night). This is why I ended up walking to the Contemporary and grabbing a regular Lyft at their valet area.
Wonderful! These are exactly the kinds of details I was curious about. Thank you so much for taking the time to share!

I did one night at the Dolphin a couple weeks back. No construction issues. I believe it was west wing, 11th floor. Biggest impact was some scaffolding visible out the window, which was pretty cool.

Very pleasantly surprised by how late Fuel was open in the lobby. Pretty decent little pizza that served as a late dinner and breakfast.

Thanks for answering my question. We ended up booking the Yacht Club instead of the Swan specifically because of the bus situation. DH didn’t want to spend the extra money on the Lyfts.

Thanks for answering my question. We ended up booking the Yacht Club instead of the Swan specifically because of the bus situation. DH didn’t want to spend the extra money on the Lyfts.
It’s very easy to walk to the Yacht Club or Boardwalk and take the bus to MK. That’s what I do generally to avoid the rideshare cost. It’s just a few minutes walk more. The bus to/from AK is closer than the Disney buses which is a nice bonus.

The drop off and pick up for the Swolphin at AK is the same place as the rideshare pickup and drop off. It’s closer than any of the other buses. It does not drop off and pick up with the ones you named.

I’ve stayed at both several times over the last few years. I’ve been very satisfied. The Swan is nicer, especially as it is smaller, but I do prefer Fuel at the Dolphin for my morning coffee. Dolphin has lots of conferences so will feel more crowded. I’ve been there during reduced housekeeping services (Dolphin) and find I like fresh towels and my bed made everyday so push for housekeeping if that is a priority. Swan rooms feel a bit tighter, but are just a bit nicer and have bigger beds. If the price is close I’ll go for the Swan. Love the boats to Epcot & HS. Bus to AK is very easy. I usually drive to MK as I stay to the bitter end. It’s not the Disney bubble, but that’s a plus for me.

Yeah I was about to say, I’ve actually never successfully gotten a Minnie Van post MK fireworks because it’s always so crazy. I always end up canceling the ride, walking to CR and getting a regular Lyft. There are a very limited number of MVs so waits at peak times can be nuts.

Yeah I was about to say, I’ve actually never successfully gotten a Minnie Van post MK fireworks because it’s always so crazy. I always end up canceling the ride, walking to CR and getting a regular Lyft. There are a very limited number of MVs so waits at peak times can be nuts.

AND you have to be aware of other things going on when you leave. The night I was initially going to get a Minnie Van:

There was an After Hours at HS
There were extra hours for Deluxe Guests at MK
There was a private event at Epcot after their fireworks + Epcot was closing.

So, they had a super high demand.

I stayed 1 night at the Dolphin in November and for $167 for the night I have no complaints about the room. The only thing that bugged me was after 8 hours of traveling to Orlando the Marriott app told me something was wrong with my mobile check in and to go to the desk. I stood in the line for mobile checkin assistance for 15 minutes or so but there seemed to be no one working that part of the desk. The other 2 desk agents acknowledged me but continued to help people in the other line who got there after me. It wasn't until I walked over to him and inserted myself asking if anyone was working the mobile check in desk that they told me no one was. I had to wait through 2 more parties and then it turned out nothing was wrong on their end with my check in. I was tired, hungry, and little more frustrated than I'd normally be from that. All they needed to do was close off the stanchions to that line and maybe help myself and the person behind me before helping folks who got there after us.

In any event, it doesn't prevent me from staying there again. It is in a great location and my room had a really nice view.

The drop off and pick up for the Swolphin at AK is the same place as the rideshare pickup and drop off. It’s closer than any of the other buses. It does not drop off and pick up with the ones you named.
I caught the JW bus the same place the Swolphin bus picked up and dropped off at AK in Sept. Also saw other hotels picking up and dropping off there. Has something changed?

I caught the JW bus the same place the Swolphin bus picked up and dropped off at AK in Sept. Also saw other hotels picking up and dropping off there. Has something changed?

I believe the other poster was mistaken. I was there earlier this month and all of the "On-Site / Off-Site" hotels such as JW Marriot, Four Seasons, Shades of Green, etc. were ALL dropping off / picking up at the same area in Animal Kingdom as the Swan/Dolphin Buses (which is near the RideShare Pick Up). There's even a little covered waiting area there.

Last edited:
We are planning a September trip, the first since 2003! We have always enjoyed staying at the Swan in past years and found good prices on the Dolphin for this trip. But now I'm reading some negative Yelp reviews of both hotels that have me concerned: mildew smells /mold issues in the rooms, and construction issues at the Dolphin in particular. Has any one stayed at either of these recently and if so what was your experience?
I'm here at the Dolphin right now and it's been a wonderful stay! No issues and we have loved it here.

I read that Disney resorts have waived all parking fees - is that true with the Swan/Dolphin as well? If not what is the current rate?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter