"Surprise Mornings" @ Soarin'/Test Track

This would be GROSSLY unfair if they are not doing it at IG!!!

I'm just basing my guess on the historical inconsistencies between operation of the IG and the MG.:)

In the example below,the MG opened at 8:45 AM,but we were not let in the IG until 8:58 AM-we watched Guests who had come all the way from the MG cross the English Channel Bridge headed to France for Breakfast.:)

Also,because Surprise Mornings are unadvertised by Disney,I just don't see them dedicating a CM to be at the IG at 7:00 AM just in case a few Crescent Lake Resort Guests have heard of the unannounced Surprise Mornings.:)

Hopefully I'm wrong.:)

12704665433_8252504a3c_c.jpg

I just happened find out about this on Sun Dec 21st while surfing another site. Since we didn't have Test Track fastpasses we decided it was worth the risk to go for it. So Monday the 22nd we got in the car & drove over to Epcot(busses don't run until an hour before park opening(8am in this case) so I guess the only option is to drive over)). We arrived at 7:45 & lined up right next to the early Norway breakfast people. Approx 50 people were in this line(less than the breakfast line). At 8:00 the cast member came over & asked if anyone wanted to ride Test Track or Soarin'. at 8:05 they started letting people in.We were held at the ball until 8:15 with approx 75 people at this time(not sure how many were on the soarin' side but it seemed to be pretty even). At 8:15 the rope dropped & we were free to speed walk to Test track. We were able to ride 3x with 0 wait & numerous empty cars around us. after the 3rd time approx 9:00 the rest of the crowd arrived & the wait jumped to 30min. It was like early morning EMH for just you & a few friends! So glad I surfed the net the night before. Best tip of the trip!

We were at EPCOT on Dec 22 but took it easy that morning since we had FP+ for 920 Soarin'. I would have made sure we were there had I known! UGH!

Monday the 22nd we got in the car & drove over to Epcot(busses don't run until an hour before park opening(8am in this case) so I guess the only option is to drive over)

Sorry, but that information is simply not correct.
It is a often-repeated myth.

The buses begin running every day at about 6:30AM (even earlier, if MK opens at 7AM for AM EMH.)

Since the "Surprise Mornings" are not being "advertised" in the "Times Guide and New Information" sheet or on WDW Today on Resort TV,most Guests will not know to be at Epcot one hour before Park Opening,so I would "think" anyone there at 7:00 AM would be part of "Surprise Mornings".:)

No,Soarin' will not be a multi-hour wait at 8:00 AM even with Surprise Mornings.:)

So this obviously will not help anyone this year, but in case they do it again...

We made it to the gate this morning -- 12/31 NYE -- a couple of minutes before 7am. Not a huge crowd there, maybe 150-200 people, when they made the "surprise" announcement and let us all in shortly after 7. For Soarin', they held us at Spaceship Earth until about 715, then walked us over to the Land. I am not sure how many people were with us, but it was less than a full flight. We rode three times then decided to move on to breakfast. On our way off the ride after flight #3, we saw that the standby queue was back to the escalator. I took a picture of the ride entrance. 8:05am, standby = 120 minutes. That was just shocking.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter