Super early but...2017 anyone?

LOVE seeing all of this & that i'm not alone with the trip planning for 2017!

We will be visiting the week after Thanksgiving 2017 (arriving on Saturday afternoon) for my husband's 2nd trip and my sweet daughter's 1st trip which will be the week before her 3rd birthday (yay we still get discounts!!!) The plan is to stay at POR and do as much Christmas/holiday stuff as possible!

I know it will be a little bit before the crowd calendars come out for 2017, but I am already waiting on pins and needles for them, so we can decide if we are going in Feb, March, or April... I would prefer to go as close to DD2's birthday as we can without hitting the Easter/Spring Break crowds.

Yep! After years of trying, I've finally got my mom tentatively agreeing to a Mother/Daughter trip for just the two of us, a 4-night adventure at the end of February 2017. (Projected dates are 2/23 - 2/27.) Fingers crossed that she doesn't back out over the next 14 months!!!

Hopping back onto the DisBoards because im getting antsy to start planning our September 2017 anniversary trip. I always hang around here compulsively for about 18 months prior to our trip & then drop off the DisBoard universe afterwards because it's too depressing, lol.

10/2017 will be our 15th wedding anniversary but October has been toobusy for us so we'll try September this time. Probably around DH's 38th birthday. It'll be the first time we've been away from our girls! Looking forward to doing Disney without kids. :)

I am hoping to plan a Christmas time trip in 2017, my daughter turns 10 in 2018 so I want to go again before I have to pay adult prices for her! My boyfriend hasn't been since he was younger so he is excited about the whole idea and we have already started saving for it!

Possibly! I was talking to my parents about a family vacation, it would either be a road trip out west with just my parents and myself and we'd to go Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone, and the Redwood forest, or a bigger family trip to Disney with the three of us and my brother's family, so it'd be 7 people total. Just yesterday my mom said she's thinking we'd probably do a big family trip to Disney in 2017 (and my dad is fine with either). I have two nieces who turn 12 and 3 that year, not sure if we're going to try to go before the little one turns 3 or not. It depends on if they'd want to take the older one out of school or not. But I'm pushing for a trip before/during my younger niece's 3rd birthday, if we go then it'll be a few months after my brother would be getting married and I know they can't really afford to go a honeymoon (and we wouldn't have to pay for her). I wouldn't mind taking the girls out to the parks by myself or with my parents so they could have some time to themselves. Nothing has been completely decided yet, but I hope it is soon! I'd love to start planning another trip again!

Woo! I'm so excited to see that I'm not the only one ready to plan a 2017 trip. I have my bachelorette trip to WDW coming up next month, but my fiancé and I have already agreed that we are going to spend our first anniversary there too! So April 2017. I've already been trying to look for the crowd calendars for the best week in April to go, but only one website seems to have anything for 2017 yet.

We definitely want to bump up to a few deluxe experiences for this trip. I grew up loving the Contemporary, so we want to stay there. I have also requested that we have dinner one night at California Grill and timed perfectly with Wishes. And maybe Le Cellier for another dinner? There's plenty of time to mull it all over!

So we ended up going for xmas this year and had such a great time I would love to go back over the holidays. But October with F&W and the Halloween party could be great too...guess we have 2 years to decide!

It's looking more and more like a June 2017 trip for us--or at least the bulk of it as we may leave 5/31. This will be our DD's high school graduation trip, and right now, she's really leaning towards spending our 8 nights at WL. Lots of time to decide before then, but we are just about halfway to our savings goal, so we get more and more excited about planning as the total slowly grows. Happy planning DISers!

It's looking more and more like a June 2017 trip for us--or at least the bulk of it as we may leave 5/31. This will be our DD's high school graduation trip, and right now, she's really leaning towards spending our 8 nights at WL. Lots of time to decide before then, but we are just about halfway to our savings goal, so we get more and more excited about planning as the total slowly grows. Happy planning DISers!

That's awesome my mom & I did a girls trip when I graduated from HS and I loved it!!

Running the princess half, assuming I can get registered! princess:

Anyone know when reservations open for 2017?

Yes, planning mode has started. Multiple celebrations (hopefully :)) in our house. DW will be finished her PHd (should be this year actually). I'll be finished my MBA. DD will have done her junior cert (not sure what the equivalent in the US is, they take at about 14-15) and DS will have started secondary (high?) school.

Running the princess half, assuming I can get registered! princess:

Anyone know when reservations open for 2017?
I was wondering the same thing, looking to book online for January 2017 and calendar will not let me :(

Planning for 2017 here too. Not sure how many people will be going and am trying to choose between Disney hotels or staying off property. Last time we went was 2008 with about 10 people and stayed off property. I would really like the Disney property experience this time though.

I was wondering the same thing, looking to book online for January 2017 and calendar will not let me :(

You can book over the phone 499 days in advance for room only. If you want packages (room, tickets, dining, etc), 2017 packages will be released this summer (July-August)

You can book over the phone 499 days in advance for room only. If you want packages (room, tickets, dining, etc), 2017 packages will be released this summer (July-August)

would the packages for late 2017 be out that early or will I have to wait til closer til our date like a year out?
either way i'm still going to book the room only portion since i'll be needing 3 rooms might as well do that now

We're planning for November of 2017. Right now the debate is where to stay and military discount vs package so we can get dining.

So now that 2016 has hit I don't feel as weird as I did planning for 2017, LOL. We will be going to be in Disney March 17 - March 26 so 10 days! Very excited about that fact. Now everything won't feel rushed and we can take our time. I even plan on having 1 day as a down day where we don't do any of the parks. My husband is even happier since they moved the final payment date from 45 days to 30 days, so we can go in March now instead of April and hopefully it won't be too hot, LOL. Gonna plan on the Deluxe Dining like we usually do, but this time the way our dining works out we get to do 2 signature meals, so we are going to do the dinner shows. We are going to see the polynesian show since we are planning on staying at the poly and we are going to do Mickey's backyard BBQ bc my kids love dancing with the characters there. Should be a fun trip!

would the packages for late 2017 be out that early or will I have to wait til closer til our date like a year out?
either way i'm still going to book the room only portion since i'll be needing 3 rooms might as well do that now

All of 2017 will be released this summer -- so even late December packages will be available this summer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter