Super early but...2017 anyone?

We will be going in 2017! Shooting for end of Feb. I haven't been there in 15 years and my husband has never gone. We were looking last night just for an idea in prices and pretty sure we can swing it. Hoping to stay onsite at French Quarters. I'm so excited! Already started my spreadsheets on rides, Fast Passes, Dining. We are hoping to go for 5 days, 4 nights. One day at MK, one at Hollywood Studios and one day in Universal.

I have started my excel spread sheet too and I have my important dates listed in there of when I need to make ADRs, FPs, and payment dates! I can't wait! I love entering my vacation details into my speadsheets, LOL. I am so obsessive!

I have started my excel spread sheet too and I have my important dates listed in there of when I need to make ADRs, FPs, and payment dates! I can't wait! I love entering my vacation details into my speadsheets, LOL. I am so obsessive!

LOL I'm the same way! I LIVE on spreadsheets!

Planning for last week of January/first week of February 2017 to celebrate DD's 4th birthday! Right now we're thinking a week with 2 days in MK, 2 days in Epcot, 1 day in AK, maybe skipping HS this time around, not sure yet. Summer can't get here fast enough, I want to plan things!! :rotfl2:

We are thinking of going that same week @StrawberryGorilla. It looks like the crowd calendars are predicting that to be one of the least crowded of the year. I wish I could start planning now too!!!!! We just returned from a week stay at CBR and I'm suffering from post Disney depression & I know it would help if it I could lay down some firm plans for the next trip :dumbo:

I started making notes and sketching out our trip last night. I'm excited now, and the prices aren't even out yet! Were going April 2017--I have two kids in marching band going.

My DW and I have decided that we can afford to bring our trip forward from 2018 to Nov/Dec 2017 but will sacrifice the deluxe resort for a moderate :-) For the last month or so we have been so excited again after going in December 2014 this next trip will be our third. We have been on youtube watching so many different vlogs of people trips as well as keeping up to date with timtracker and wdw radio regularly. We have our excel spreadsheet too and my DW has set a coutdown on her phone. We havent even booked anything yet and cant wait till we can get some confirmed dates. Just hoping the exchange rate improves a bit for us coming from the UK :-) and flight prices drop too. But either way we are on our way back and planning for more regular visits (18-24 months) after that too.

My DW and I have decided that we can afford to bring our trip forward from 2018 to Nov/Dec 2017 but will sacrifice the deluxe resort for a moderate :-) For the last month or so we have been so excited again after going in December 2014 this next trip will be our third. We have been on youtube watching so many different vlogs of people trips as well as keeping up to date with timtracker and wdw radio regularly. We have our excel spreadsheet too and my DW has set a coutdown on her phone. We havent even booked anything yet and cant wait till we can get some confirmed dates. Just hoping the exchange rate improves a bit for us coming from the UK :-) and flight prices drop too. But either way we are on our way back and planning for more regular visits (18-24 months) after that too.
Sounds good!

The £ is shocking right now, we look weak because we've not increased interest rates apparently!

I don't know if you book packages, but keep an eye out. We've been able to make changes to our booked holidays with minimal extra cost.

Examples include
- Upgrading to AKL from CBR for £200 extra for 7 nights.
- Moving from WL to BC for £10 extra for 14 nights.
- Upgrading from Premium to Upper with Virgin for £100 extra both ways. (VA price was £1800)

Yay and welcome aboard Team NOV/DEC 2017!

How do you pass the time until the trip. We have run out of good youtube vlogs already :-)
Will you be staying on or off site too as we are going on site for the first time in 3 trips

Ugh time is a killer! LOL...I make my own autograph books and for 2017 I am attempting to make my own world showcase passport, so I have started doing those so I don't have rush on completing them!...This time around though I think I am going to make an autograph book/Picture book, so I can put my kids pictures with all the characters as well!

How do you pass the time until the trip. We have run out of good youtube vlogs already :-)
Will you be staying on or off site too as we are going on site for the first time in 3 trips

Good question lol! We are staying on site hoping for Port Orleans Riverside unless some sort of fantastic sale comes up that allows us to upgrade. We have the Disney Visa and right now for the spring they have a sale going for the Villas for 35% off. We looked at a 2 bedroom just playing with the prices and the cost split between us & my in laws who would be in the other bedroom is just slightly more expensive than POR. Like $100 more!

Right now I'm super focused on reading about different restaurants. This will be the first time doing the Dining Plan and we will have a daily Table Service meal so that opens a whole new chapter for me. Our DD will be almost 3 at the time of the trip, so since we don't have to pay for her & its her first trip, I'd love to do a lot of Character meals plus buffets are great for my family of picky eaters. Right now I'm looking at 4-5 character meals for our 7 table meal options.

Also since I'm going with one so young I've started saving a lot of Disney clip art and autograph pages to put in a photo book to make her a custom autograph book.
I've got the countdown noted on my work calendar. We start our vacation November 25th so that's 672 days!

While I want to be super prepared so things just go smoothly once we get to the parks I don't want any sort of actual plan aside from the FP+ times and dining times.

We are in! Going late October/early November 2017. Maybe mid-November, but we'd like to be able to swim during the day.

Last WDW trip was in October 2014. Did/doing way cheaper vacations in between -a Royal Caribbean Cruise 2015 (surprisingly cheap), hitting Smokey Mountains and Dollywood this year- while the cruise was fun and really looking forward to Dollywood, we will definitely be ready to go to WDW next year! Taking all 3 years to save for it so we can stay at Grand Floridian for 8 days/9 nights. Or AKL.

I want to plan now!!! So glad I've found you all....my people.... :p

Add us to the list. We normally go every other year so 2017 would be the next. Lots of changes coming our way this year (moving and DH finding a new job) so I am not 100% yet which is killing me. We are hoping for our normal September trip. I have some "hope to go" countdowns started. Normally I am 100% on dates and just waiting for the packages to come out so I can book so this is a new feeling for me. Just praying everything works out and we can keep on our normal schedule.

We are also hoping for 2017. It's looking like October, most likely the week of Canadian Thanksgiving. This is going to be the longest gap that we have had between trips. I just started a 4 year degree program in University so money has been tight and with the Canadian dollar being so terrible it's hard to justify the cost right now. I am definitely excited about the possibility of October though. We have never been in the fall and I have always wanted to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. We're hoping for free dining again on this trip since my younger sister will be 10 on our next trip making her a Disney adult($$$). We haven't made a definite decision on resort yet, but I'm leaning towards Port Orleans Riverside, possibly in a Royal room.

We are planning our 2nd Disney trip for April 2017. We went in June 2015 and I wasn't sure if we would go back for a while or not, but my son asked me the other day if we could please go back to Disney...so yay! We already had this year's vacation planned when he asked, so we are going to shoot for next year. I am ecstatic! We stayed off site last time, and we both agreed that it was ok, but the hubby has said he wants to stay on site this time and not only that, but he wants to stay at Grand Floridian, Polynesian or AKL! Yes!!! Can you tell, I'm a little excited??

Last edited:
We are planning our 2nd Disney trip for April 2017. We went in June 2015 and I wasn't sure if we would go back for a while or not, but my son asked me the other day if we could please go back to Disney...so yay! We already had this year's vacation planned when he asked, so we are going to shoot for next year. I am ecstatic! We stayed off site last time, and we both agreed that it was ok, but the hubby has said he wants to stay on site this time and not only that, but he wants to stay at Grand Floridian or Polynesian!!!! Yes!!!!!! Can you tell, I'm a little excited??

When my hubby told me we could stay at the Grand Floridian last year I think I was doing cartwheels for a week, LOL...We stayed at Contemporary in 2014 then the Grand last year and we are skipping this year but in 2017 he said we can stay at the Poly and not only that he also mentioned that he "might" consider Club Level! I am very excited about that, LOL...specially since you can use the Disney people to book all your reservations for you and not have to worry about them. Honestly I think my hubby just likes the free food concept, LOL

We're in for 2017!

But really, it's 2016/2017. There's going to be twelve of us going and we've decided to stay not at all the same resort. Our budgets are different as are ages so that makes a major difference. DH and I have decided on staying at POR, in a royal room. DD will be 3.5 so this should be fun! There will be a lot of planning for this trip. We're 11 months out and I already feel behind. We've all booked each of our packages and that's the first step.

ETA: We'll be down there December 30th - January 6th.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter