suggestions for first day

kayleigh83

Plotting my return...
Hey everyone! So I'm kind of trying to plan out roughly day to day what we'll be doing on our trip. I'm not really worrying too much about being the most efficient as far as line-ups - although I will have things like FastPasses in mind and use them as needed, since we have five full days in the parks I am confident we'll be able to get everything in! So for that reason I'm not planning ride by ride what to go on, just remembering to ride the busiest in the mornings or late at night, but I'll space the big ones out over a few days!

Anyways, the main point of my question was a little advice on what to do the day we get there? Our trip is seven days total (July 22-28) but two of them, the first and last day, are dedicated travel days. On July 22 our flight will touch down in LAX around 10:45, and we should be getting to our hotel somewhere around noon, give or take. Jet lag isn't a concern since we're coming from within the same timezone, so once we get all settled in to our hotel room, we'll have most of the afternoon and evening to fill!

I don't really want to head too far out from the area (our hotel is the Tropicana, right across the street from DLR) but I had a few ideas - head over to Downtown Disney for lunch, wander around and do some browsing/shopping, swim at the hotel, rent a PPV movie, etc.... wondering if anyone had any other ideas for close-by things to do or even more specific suggestions ie: if there's anything fun to do in DTD besides eat and shop! Just need to fill a leisurely afternoon and evening the day before the REAL fun begins - time in the parks! :woohoo:

How about lunch at one of our nearby beaches? Newport or Huntington? They aren't too far, and it would make a nice afternoon excursion.

You could spend some time and explore the disney hotels & grounds,
go see a movie in the theaters in DTD, walk through all the shops,
or maybe visit traders sam's tiki bar.

I guess it depends on whether or not you are renting a car.

I'm from BC too ( :) ) and last time we went down it took us probably a couple of hours from arrival time to arriving at the hotel so keep that in mind.

I'm pretty close to arriving around the same time as you and I think we are just going to get settled and wander around DTD - getting our passes will be a priority so we don't have to do that the following morning.

Yay BC! Hehehe no we won't be renting a car for out trip.

I do like the idea of walking around the hotel grounds and checking them out! And the idea of seeing a movie in DTD also sounds good... both nice ways to kill time in the afternoon! Thanks for the suggestions everyone! :)

Great suggestions!! If you do have a car, maybe not go straight to your hotel, but do some sight seeing

we arrived around the same time when we went a month ago, and we went to Downtown Disney looked around had dinner, went in the large Disney shop, and let the kids get an idea of different souvenirs so that they wouldnt ask for a lot of stuff. Just enjoy looking around and trying to see all the sites. We had tickets for four days and yet still felt a little rushed, and wish we had just taken more time to really look around more.

Upgrade your hopper from a 5 to 6 day pass ($5 or $10) each and go and watch the fireworks and/or Fantasmic. Do your shopping on Main St. Then go back to your hotel and get a good nights rest for the next day! See you've just knocked out a couple of big time wasters and it only cost you a few bucks! :thumbsup2

We'll have an afternoon on our first day and I'm getting a 6 day pass instead of a 5 day pass,there is now way I could be that close and not go in! :rotfl: might check out the lay out so we know where we're going on the first day and just soak up the Disney magic.

Are you doing the super shuttle from LAX or taking a cab? If doing the cab, why not give the driver a little tip to take you on a sight seeing tour on the way to the hotel:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter