Strategies for driving RI to FW with TT

mike91911

Earning My Ears
Just booked FW for April Vacation next year. I'll be pulling my 28' travel trailer from Rhode Island to FW. My plan is to leave on Friday, stay overnight somewhere a little over half way and arrive on Saturday. I'm trying to figure out the best strategy to avoid as much traffic as I can. I'm figuring on taking the Tapanzee Bridge to avoid NYC. I know avoiding all traffic is not realistic but for anybody who'd made this trip pulling a camper I'd be interested in your strategy. Things like timing (when you left etc), "pit stops" along the way (bathroom, food etc), where to spend an overnight on the way down and on the way back. Any other suggestions for a first time Fort Wilderness trip also.
Mike

Well timing is everything, we have left at all different times and never can fiqure it out. Last year we left around 1100 at night and got caught on the bridge for two hours stuck in traffic. That was not fun the bridge was swaying because there was a storm. Avoid the crazy drivers and arrive in one piece is what I say. Good Luck!

Hi and Welcome!

Here is a recent thread on traveling to the Fort from the NE.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2870958

As the creator of that thread, I will +1 :)

Mike 91911, I am going out the I81 route. I feel this will be the best route due to some construction and other roadwork projects on the 95 corridor in VA. Plus I know people in Charlotte who I will probably meet up for lunch. Read up my thread. I am at T minus 1 week before leaving. Around this time, I am hoping to be about 100 miles in VA setting up my trailer for the night while my wife and daughter are at a playground.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter