• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Step By Step - How to Add Names to an Existing Contract (Gratuitous Transfer)

We used this to add our four kids to our deeds. They have a new transfer form but I don’t have a copy of it. They sent back our first one and asked us to fill out a new one.

Do you remember which option you picked on the transfer form? I have family that is trying to get this done now...637335

Do you remember which option you picked on the transfer form? I have family that is trying to get this done now...

When we added our adult children, we choose joint tenancy with right of survivorship and I think it was a warranty deed.

When we added our adult children, we choose joint tenancy with right of survivorship and I think it was a warranty deed.

Oops - I was actually referring to which option to check for the "why I'm only paying minimum document stamps". This is for adding adult children to a deed.

Sorry. I can’t help with that as we used a title company to add our adult kids!
Can you see if maybe the title company filled out a transfer form when you added your kids? Orange county didn't ask me for that form when I did my forms earlier this year...

Oops - I was actually referring to which option to check for the "why I'm only paying minimum document stamps". This is for adding adult children to a deed.
I believe I selected “other please specify “. And in the box I put “gratuitous transfer, adding adult children to the deed”. You can also call the OCC. they were very helpful when I called them about an issue.

Can you see if maybe the title company filled out a transfer form when you added your kids? Orange county didn't ask me for that form when I did my forms earlier this year...

I don’t think I have a copy of anything but the new deed. But I wlll check

Hello.

So my in-laws want to add myself and my husband to their Bay Lake Contracts. I've gone through the instructions and am pretty confident I can do this myself and not go through the title company.

I've found deeds on the OCC website showing adding names to use as examples.

In-laws have 4 contracts/4 Deeds - 2 SSR and 2 Bay Lake. They are all the same contract number and same UY just a .000, .001, .002 and .003 at the end. We understand that adding our names to only the Bay Lake points will then change the Contract number for the Bay Lake Points.

The contracts are currently registered on 2 separate deeds, is that how I need to send it to the OCC? Two separate deed changes with applicable fees? Or can I combine them?

My FIL contacted DVC with his intentions and they replied and told him to contact the title company. That was all the info they gave him. If we go through the process of adding the names on the deed(s) ourselves, once we get the deed(s), what does DVC need? In the original instructions on this thread it says this:

They didn't send us anything to fill out. Will that come after we send them the deed(s)?

Trying to make sure all my ducks are in a row. My husband and I have agreed that doing it ourselves for the $50 or so it will cost is worth a shot before we head to the title company for much more $$. lol

Thank you!

Hello.

So my in-laws want to add myself and my husband to their Bay Lake Contracts. I've gone through the instructions and am pretty confident I can do this myself and not go through the title company.

I've found deeds on the OCC website showing adding names to use as examples.

In-laws have 4 contracts/4 Deeds - 2 SSR and 2 Bay Lake. They are all the same contract number and same UY just a .000, .001, .002 and .003 at the end. We understand that adding our names to only the Bay Lake points will then change the Contract number for the Bay Lake Points.

The contracts are currently registered on 2 separate deeds, is that how I need to send it to the OCC? Two separate deed changes with applicable fees? Or can I combine them?

My FIL contacted DVC with his intentions and they replied and told him to contact the title company. That was all the info they gave him. If we go through the process of adding the names on the deed(s) ourselves, once we get the deed(s), what does DVC need? In the original instructions on this thread it says this:

View attachment 643681

They didn't send us anything to fill out. Will that come after we send them the deed(s)?

Trying to make sure all my ducks are in a row. My husband and I have agreed that doing it ourselves for the $50 or so it will cost is worth a shot before we head to the title company for much more $$. lol

Thank you!

When you are added to the BLT contracts, those will now become a new membership and no longer be part of the own they own as you now have different owners.

So, the BLT and SSR points will no longer be able to be used together for reservations at 7 month unless transfer happen.

Just something to be aware of. The only way to keep them as they are is put you on all deeds for both resorts.

Each deed that exists needs to be changed so if there are two BLT deeds, you must change each and pay the fees for each.

When you are added to the BLT contracts, those will now become a new membership and no longer be part of the own they own as you now have different owners.

So, the BLT and SSR points will no longer be able to be used together for reservations at 7 month unless transfer happen.

Just something to be aware of. The only way to keep them as they are is put you on all deeds for both resorts.

Each deed that exists needs to be changed so if there are two BLT deeds, you must change each and pay the fees for each.

Thank you Sandi! This is helpful. I wasn't sure about the 2 deeds, 2 new deeds. I did see several examples that had 2 contracts listed so I wanted to make sure I did that part correctly.

Yes, we were aware that the change to only Bay Lake would cause a new membership to be created, which is ok. (I believe I did hear that they will still see everything on their account? They will just have to transfer, points around if they ever plan to use both together.) They will still control everything and enjoy it while they still can (they do share with us quite often:)). They are just saving time and doing everything now so we don't have to do it down the road. They plan on giving the other 2 contracts to other family members in the future, so it won't matter much when that time comes.

Thanks for your response!

Last edited:

The email that your FIL received from DVC should have had the attached new owner information form. If it wasn't attached, DM me and I can send you the one I received back in May.

The email that your FIL received from DVC should have had the attached new owner information form. If it wasn't attached, DM me and I can send you the one I received back in May.

Hmm, I'll have to double check with him. He did "forward" me the email and it's very possible that he did not include any attachments. But the email itself doesn't say anything about a new owner information form, only said "once the new deed(s) are recorded (by the title company), it will get sent to them and they will update their records". Doesn't say anything to the affect of "please complete the attached new owner form and return", etc. I'll have to dig a little more.

Thank you!!

Hello pixieprincess925,

So I did check my FIL's actual email. No attachments from Disney. And no mention of an additional form, just told him (or the title company) to forward the new recorded deed. Could you please DM me the form you received from them back in May and we can have it just in case. I would truly appreciate it. Thank you!

Getting everything notarized/witnessed tomorrow. Planning to have it mailed out by Wednesday. Exciting!

Hello pixieprincess925,

So I did check my FIL's actual email. No attachments from Disney. And no mention of an additional form, just told him (or the title company) to forward the new recorded deed. Could you please DM me the form you received from them back in May and we can have it just in case. I would truly appreciate it. Thank you!

Getting everything notarized/witnessed tomorrow. Planning to have it mailed out by Wednesday. Exciting!

I just realized I can add the file here for anyone that needs it. My friend that was using this thread for gratuitous transfer just sent this in with his information. I'll make sure to report back if it doesn't get accepted for some reason.

Attachments

• New Owner Information Form.pdf
    233.9 KB · Views: 87
I believe I selected “other please specify “. And in the box I put “gratuitous transfer, adding adult children to the deed”. You can also call the OCC. they were very helpful when I called them about an issue.

My friend used this text for the Property Transfer Information Form (from Orange County) and the deed was registered with no issue.

If anyone wanted an updated time frame to add names and do the process yourself. We just completed it. I have to say, I was nervous that I was going to do something wrong, but it all went pretty smoothly.

Prepared two deeds using actual deeds as examples on the OCC website.

2/18 - Mailed completed/signed deeds to OCC (1st class mail)
2/22 - Date Post Office told me that OCC "should" receive so let's just assume that's when they received the deeds
3/1 - Found completed/recorded deeds online about 3:45pm after stalking every day, several times a day lol
3/2 - Emailed recorded deeds to DVC with new member form (given to me by pixieprincess925 here since we never got one from DVC)
3/10 - Original deeds were returned to us through 1st class mail (had provided self-addressed stamped envelopes)
3/14 - Received an email from DVC asking us to confirm we only wanted the BLT contracts changed as my in-laws had SSR as well. Said they would wait for SSR if we wanted. Explained the fact that my in-laws would have two member #'s if they didn't change them all, etc.
3/15 - Confirmed by email that we only wanted BLT converted to the new names.
3/22 - RECEIVED WELCOME HOME EMAILS! Both my husband and I and my FIL received an email with instructions. Set up accounts (FIL's account was already all set). Email said points will be added in 10-15 days. So that is all we are waiting on.

Total time frame for 2 contracts/deeds was 32 days, with a cost of $55.40 (I sent them $67.40 because I wasn't sure about paying for the names so I wanted to be sure - not sure I'll get a refund, but I don't care lol - it was A LOT cheaper doing it this way).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter