State of Fast Pass Return (or replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right…so if the whole argument is that fp increases stand by waits (which we know is true)…wouldn’t that make these waits “worse” if all stand by and same wait time? People that weren’t lucky in 2019 to get fp are basically no worse off than in this stand by only line if that makes sense…

I actually don't agree that FP makes standby longer. I think it's an insignificant increase, if any. There is no "luck" in getting FP's. There are things you can do to make getting them easier, but it's not a lottery. Stay on site, book at 60 days with a decent length's stay and you'd get the 3 a day you want. No luck at all.

In previous years, even with FP, they'd extend summer hours- open earlier, close later. There were emh's, after hours and parades or shows to go to . Waits now are worse than ever and there's absolutely no way around them because Disney has chosen not to offer anything.

I have posted this elsewhere... but those posted waits are NOT accurate with actual wait times. If you look at TP Lines for FoP today:

11:46am - Posted = 210 min - Actual = 130 mins
12:29pm - Posted = 180 min - Actual = 121 mins

(This kind of trend is true across all parks)

I'm not saying 120 mins is "great", but for whatever reason the waits have been excessively inflated over the past week. The posted waits are almost always higher than normal, but these are much more inflated than normal.

I don't believe this (at all), but if you are conspiracy minded: maybe this is a ploy to get people to buy paid FP+ whenever (if) it comes to pass. Make the waits say 3+ hours just to get more people to pay... or maybe it's just to make people happy it didn't take (nearly) as long as advertised. But it's clearly getting a lot of people here upset / nervous about their upcoming trips...
Are you here or just going by TP? We’ve definitely seen inflated wait times, but not always. Depends on the ride and the circumstances.

For example, tonight in Epcot Frozen was down so GFT in Mexico had a 35 minute wait since it was a nearby ride. And it had a queue throughout the pyramid. It took us about 25 minutes to get on. By the time we were off, it was back down to 10 minutes and only queueing by the San Angel restaurant. So it was inflated, but not much and because of the circumstances. I’m not sure FP would help that situation.

Are you here or just going by TP? We’ve definitely seen inflated wait times, but not always. Depends on the ride and the circumstances.

For example, tonight in Epcot Frozen was down so GFT in Mexico had a 35 minute wait since it was a nearby ride. And it had a queue throughout the pyramid. It took us about 25 minutes to get on. By the time we were off, it was back down to 10 minutes and only queueing by the San Angel restaurant. So it was inflated, but not much and because of the circumstances. I’m not sure FP would help that situation.

Thanks for your report! The numbers I posted are from touring plans reports.

Just because it hasn't been said for a while: There is no evidence -- NONE. NADA. ZIP -- that Disney is intending to implement a paid system in the US parks. No evidence at all beyond the speculation of people who assign everything the organization does nefarious intent. They just removed the RotR guarantee from the VIP tours, for goodness sake, but people still say their major intent in all things is not only to make money, but to intentionally screw their customers. It's like people think Chapek is Snydley Whiplash or something.

They have not brought back FPs because either 1) they can't or 2) they have decided they don't need them yet. If you want to continue to think the worst of them, feel free, but do so with the understanding you have ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE that it is happening.

And if anyone wants to take the bet, I've got a crisp five dollar bill that says when FPs comes back, they're free. There may be an additional option available, when it comes back three of them will be free for each guest, each day.

Just because it hasn't been said for a while: There is no evidence -- NONE. NADA. ZIP -- that Disney is intending to implement a paid system in the US parks. No evidence at all beyond the speculation of people who assign everything the organization does nefarious intent. They just removed the RotR guarantee from the VIP tours, for goodness sake, but people still say their major intent in all things is not only to make money, but to intentionally screw their customers. It's like people think Chapek is Snydley Whiplash or something.

They have not brought back FPs because either 1) they can't or 2) they have decided they don't need them yet. If you want to continue to think the worst of them, feel free, but do so with the understanding you have ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE that it is happening.

And if anyone wants to take the bet, I've got a crisp five dollar bill that says when FPs comes back, they're free. There may be an additional option available, when it comes back three of them will be free for each guest, each day.
I'm not betting you. I do recall WDW quite happily taking cash from CL guests for extra fast passes in the not too distant history. So I believe they have the necessary platform. Have they expanded it? Will they roll something out soon?
We wait and hope at least some are free.

This is the rumors and news forum, not the evidence forum.

WDW is the only Disney park without a paid line skip option. AFAIK its the only major theme park without a paid line skip

Several posters have reported Disney testing paid line skips.

Your right. No absolute evidence. Consider this the rumor category if this board

They have not brought back FPs because either 1) they can't or 2) they have decided they don't need them yet.
Why on Earth would (1) be true? What, exactly, is preventing it? The fastpass lines are already staffed and in use for things like DAS and Club 33.
If (2) is true, then that is exactly what so many of us are angry about! If Disney is looking at 45-60 minute waits for non-headliners—and twice that or more for the more popular rides—and deciding that they don’t need to offer guests a way to avoid them, then that shows a disturbing disregard for the guest experience.

Why on Earth would (1) be true? What, exactly, is preventing it? The fastpass lines are already staffed and in use for things like DAS and Club 33.
If (2) is true, then that is exactly what so many of us are angry about! If Disney is looking at 45-60 minute waits for non-headliners—and twice that or more for the more popular rides—and deciding that they don’t need to offer guests a way to avoid them, then that shows a disturbing disregard for the guest experience.
Honestly with #1- right now there are not enough places to put people for it to have much of a positive impact. No character meets or shows, shops closed, restaurant capacity down. Not saying the tech side couldn’t implement but logistically there’s nowhere to move people to except another long line.

Could be the extra staffing needed for FP (maybe to maintain the line and check passes?). Could be that Disney refuses to "give" it away until the paid system is ready. Either way, they had no business adding this much capacity yet again without something to offer.

Honestly with #1- right now there are not enough places to put people for it to have much of a positive impact. No character meets or shows, shops closed, restaurant capacity down. Not saying the tech side couldn’t implement but logistically there’s nowhere to move people to except another long line.

I think this could be a large reason (possibly the 1 main reason) why we haven't seen some form of fastpass return yet. A 3hr standby has much less people in it when FP+ is present vs. a 3 hr line when no FP+ is present (or any length line for that matter). I have seen many videos of recent crowds in and around the parks and it looks decently crowded...like normal summer crowds. I think if they were to bring back FP+ before opening more shows/ characters/attractions, open more restaurants and expand dining current restaurant capacity, the walkways, common areas,and shopping would instantly feel like 100% capacity on NYE.

Adding FP+ back would most definitely have a positive impact. It would just be taking people out of standby and moving them to the FP+ line. It doesn't require another attraction or activity. We don't have FP+ for one reason and that is that Disney had chosen not to offer it I suspect it's because they don't want to move from giving it away for free to charging for it. Just for the optics only they'd rather go from having nothing to having a paid system. They are willing to sacrifice summer guests to do it too.

Adding FP+ back would most definitely have a positive impact. It would just be taking people out of standby and moving them to the FP+ line. It doesn't require another attraction or activity. We don't have FP+ for one reason and that is that Disney had chosen not to offer it I suspect it's because they don't want to move from giving it away for free to charging for it. Just for the optics only they'd rather go from having nothing to having a paid system. They are willing to sacrifice summer guests to do it too.

So what would they do after they go through fastpass and ride the ride?

Go to another ride and either stand in line or use their next FP. Are you suggesting that Disney is intentionally keeping people standing in hours long lines because they don't want them eating and shopping?

No im suggesting that with literally nothing else to do, adding fastpass without shows, meet and greets, parades, etc. You are clogging up the standby lines of the other attractions.

People will only eat or shop so much in a day and eating in many cases has been turned into quick service only, so less time.

No im suggesting that with literally nothing else to do, adding fastpass without shows, meet and greets, parades, etc. You are clogging up the standby lines of the other attractions.

People will only eat or shop so much in a day and eating in many cases has been turned into quick service only, so less time.
Or they'll go back to their hotel for a pool time or a nap if they've hit some of the rides they really wanted to.

Disney does needs to address the long wait times the parks are experiencing now.

I understand that they do not have shows, meet and greets, and parades up and running, but that hasnt stopped them from increasing park capacity. Those should should have been addressed prior to increasing capacity.

Indiana Jones and Beauty and Beast opening would be a big pressure relief on DHS.

People will only eat or shop so much in a day.

FP+ doesn't clog up standby. It just doesn't. And regardless, the effect of what your suggesting is, that keeping people in long lines is preferable to them being out walking around looking for something to do. I don't buy that at all.

If you know how to effectively use FP+, you don't get in long standby lines. We never did.

I thought more things were opening up now? And it's my understanding that they started training staff in their college program in June, so maybe staffing is a key component in regards to FP+, at least until their staffing issue begins to resolve.

FP+ doesn't clog up standby. It just doesn't. And regardless, the effect of what your suggesting is, that keeping people in long lines is preferable to them being out walking around looking for something to do. I don't buy that at all.
When FP+ was introduced, wasnt one of the reasons was so that guests would spend more time shopping while waiting for a ride? I think you're right, Disney doesnt want people in long lines waiting on a ride, they'd want them shopping or eating while virtually waiting for that ride.

It will just spread the crowds out. Now everyone is pretty much taking similar paths at rope drop. Magic Carpets had little wait while we were there last week (one of a couple of rides that did not seem impacted); we still chose not to ride it. All of the FP people aren’t going to suddenly make a run for it.
I will also say after waiting in line all day, I had 0 desire to walk into a crowded store to shop. If I had a break between lines or we were done as quickly as usual, I would have gone in. We were just walking from line to line all day. Most of the rides had long lines-even the non-headliners.
And as someone else mentioned, if we we had accomplished more with FP, we would have gone back to the pool and relaxed. We barely had time for that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter