State of Fast Pass Return (or replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForWhomTheMouseTolls

Mouseketeer
So it’s been a year since WDW reopened and we are still without a skip the line option. There hasn’t been many rumors that have made it out of Fort Disney, but here are some of the major rumors that we’ve heard over the past few weeks:

Multiple posters have indicated that Fastpass+ and a replacement system are in concurrent testing. The FP+ legacy system has passed, but the replacement system has failed in real world testing.

The replacement system has been rumored to be attached to the new Genie system, which would be granting “wishes” to guests that can be used for fast passes or other use cases. Speculation that wishes may be attached to resort tier or payment has been speculated.

There have also been rumors of FP+ being live tested in parks, but these have not been confirmed.

Feel free to track additional updates and rumors here.

Last edited:
So it’s been a year since WDW reopened and we are still without a skip the line option. There hasn’t been many rumors that have made it out of Fort Disney, but here are some of the major rumors that we’ve heard over the past few weeks:

Multiple posters have indicated that Fastpass+ and a replacement system are in concurrent testing. The FP+ legacy system has passed, but the replacement system has failed in real world testing.

The replacement system has been rumored to be attached to the new Genie system, which would be granting “wishes” to guests that can be used for fast passes or other use cases. Speculation that wishes may be attached to resort tier or payment has been speculated.

There have also been rumors of FP+ being lice tested in parks, but these have not been confirmed.

Feel free to track additional updates and rumors here.
My guess is the replacement system is a bunch of Disney Execs trying to figure out how much to charge guests for the honor of having a fast pass option added on to their tickets.

Do we have any real concrete proof of any actually rumor from someone who actually has that type of connection, that if brought back, it could be for a cost?

All I ever heard that from was that Mickey views guy and nobody else

Sometimes I feel we make up our own rumors and add our own fuel to if they actually will happen

Fastpass IMO will return and will return normal as before. I expected it this past weekend. Since that didn’t happen, if it didn’t start tomorrow, I don’t see it actually starting again till Oct 1st.

As long as Disney sees lines aren’t more then 90-100 mins on numerous rides at once, I don’t think they even feel the need to have them yet. Wait times today weren’t horrible and it’s the 4th of July.

Do we have any real concrete proof of any actually rumor from someone who actually has that type of connection, that if brought back, it could be for a cost?

Sometimes I feel we make up our own rumors and add our own fuel to if they actually will happen

Fastpass IMO will return and will return normal as before. I expected it this past weekend. Since that didn’t happen, if it didn’t start tomorrow, I don’t see it actually starting again till Oct 1st.

As long as Disney sees lines aren’t more then 90-100 mins on numerous rides at once, I don’t think they even feel the need to have them yet. Wait times today weren’t horrible and it’s the 4th of July.
Mickey Views is a clickbaitor, that video was based off of no evidence or sources that were reliable.

The beauty of FP was ride and park management, which is why I believe it will return. You could only sign-up for one E-Ticket ride per day which allowed Disney some control over those rides. They could see which ones were being requested most often and by whom. The other 2 FPs you got per day were also spread out, again giving them some control over the process. The FPs can also only be in one park per day. If they want to shift folks to one park or another, then they could limit the availability for the top tier rides at that park. This is defeated by the park reservation system, because you are choosing the park before you would have a chance to pick FPs.

There has been a few insiders that have said its likely to have a cost attached to it. Other Disney parks have done it already. IMO they would have already hinted at them returning like they did for the dining plan.

There has been a few insiders that have said its likely to have a cost attached to it. Other Disney parks have done it already. IMO they would have already hinted at them returning like they did for the dining plan.

I think the fact that it hasn’t been explicitly cancelled like APs in Disneyland or Magical express is a sign it could remain, but I find it increasingly doubtful in its current state.

Me too. I just think the longer they go with not announcing anything that a hybrid system is coming. Some free FP will be available but the majority will be paid

I would be shocked if it’s all paid. I would also be shocked if resort guests are paying. I think this is gonna turn into the next big on property perk to alleviate the blow of magical express.

No. They literally don't know anything yet. No one does. There has been nothing laid out any more than just rumor. There have been a couple of people who typically have inside information that have guessed about a potential paid system and everyone took off with it like wildfire. Maybe it will. Maybe it won't. At this point nobody but the Disney boardroom and people directly associated with the decision to bring fast pass back or not know anything.

I think resort guests will get 3 free ones to soften the blow. After that you pay

Works for me- we rarely even try for any extra FP's and rely more on visiting each park several times during a trip by park hopping. We don't care about riding things multiple times the same day, but we've been known to hit the favorites several times over the course of 1 stay.

No. They literally don't know anything yet. No one does. There has been nothing laid out any more than just rumor. There have been a couple of people who typically have inside information that have guessed about a potential paid system and everyone took off with it like wildfire. Maybe it will. Maybe it won't. At this point nobody but the Disney boardroom and people directly associated with the decision to bring fast pass back or not know anything.
True. But the longer they say anything about it coming back the better chance FP+ is a thing of the past.

True. But the longer they say anything about it coming back the better chance FP+ is a thing of the past.

I don't know why they're taking forever to bring it back. It may be that they're waiting for it to be necessary in their frame of mind. Maybe they don't think the current wait times and crowds at the parks warrant bring it back yet. They will eventually bring that back I'm sure. But again, that's just a guess (wishful thinking) on my part.

Maybe they don't think the current wait times and crowds at the parks warrant bring it back yet.

I've checked a couple of times today and for a holiday weekend, wait times are not near what I would've expected and not as bad as I've seen even this past week. Maybe it's the weather, I know they've had a lot of rain lately, but not sure on what today's weather has looked like. They're longer waits than I'd like, but not horrific either.

I've checked a couple of times today and for a holiday weekend, wait times are not near what I would've expected and not as bad as I've seen even this past week. Maybe it's the weather, I know they've had a lot of rain lately, but not sure on what today's weather has looked like. They're longer waits than I'd like, but not horrific either.

I think the weather probably kept a lot of the locals away. After all, they can come next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter