Star Wars: The Bad Batch Discussion

YES!! that was excellent!!

Oh man, yeah!

I know everyone had been waiting to get back to Crosshair, but I think waiting built it up even more and the payoff was fantastic. I love how he knew their tactics and outmaneuvered them, but just couldn't quite overcome the level of crazy his former crew will bring to the table. Blowing that engine apart was great! Then of course, there was the end, where a certain favorite bounty hunter showed up - I was not expecting that! I love Cad Bane, and they didn't punk him out either. Great, great stuff!

Oh man, yeah!

I know everyone had been waiting to get back to Crosshair, but I think waiting built it up even more and the payoff was fantastic. I love how he knew their tactics and outmaneuvered them, but just couldn't quite overcome the level of crazy his former crew will bring to the table. Blowing that engine apart was great! Then of course, there was the end, where a certain favorite bounty hunter showed up - I was not expecting that! I love Cad Bane, and they didn't punk him out either. Great, great stuff!

Really enjoyed today's episode...lots of info on Omega, and enjoyed the fights scenes...not as great/satisfying as last week's with that awesome reveal at the end. My jaw was on the floor last week.
Always loved that character.

Really enjoyed today's episode...lots of info on Omega, and enjoyed the fights scenes...not as great/satisfying as last week's with that awesome reveal at the end. My jaw was on the floor last week.
Always loved that character.

Oh yeah, another good episode. I love Todo - and Cad Bane's ship! I wish they would give us a few more beauty shots of new ships.

New episode of "The Omega Show" today. 😁 It was a good, with some interesting ideas touched upon. Some are calling it filler, but I don't really think so - maybe a bit heavy on setup for some things coming down the pike. There was lots of gorgeous animation of course.

After seeing Dejarik in this episode I had to look it up because the rules seem very different than I expected. Apparently, it is less like chess and more like Fire Emblem or other gird-based strategy video games. The peices have health and attack ratings and special moves. Apparently this has always been the case, but I just didn't know it. Omega is a natural at it apparently.[/ISPOILDER]

New episode of "The Omega Show" today. 😁 It was a good, with some interesting ideas touched upon. Some are calling it filler, but I don't really think so - maybe a bit heavy on setup for some things coming down the pike. There was lots of gorgeous animation of course.

After seeing Dejarik in this episode I had to look it up because the rules seem very different than I expected. Apparently, it is less like chess and more like Fire Emblem or other gird-based strategy video games. The peices have health and attack ratings and special moves. Apparently this has always been the case, but I just didn't know it. Omega is a natural at it apparently.[/ISPOILDER]

I kinda agree it was filler, BUT again, very good filler, development of what's happening during that time, Empire taking over, seeds of Rebellion, etc. Plus yeah, Omega too. Funny you mentioned that game played. We just spent quite awhile too discussing what all it must involve/rules. I am going to look it up too. that and the planet. just to get more info. Good episode.

I kinda agree it was filler, BUT again, very good filler, development of what's happening during that time, Empire taking over, seeds of Rebellion, etc. Plus yeah, Omega too. Funny you mentioned that game played. We just spent quite awhile too discussing what all it must involve/rules. I am going to look it up too. that and the planet. just to get more info. Good episode.

People always lament "filler" episodes, but they are important. The show is about the characters, the Batch, Omega, not the big moves the Empire is making or the state of the galaxy. If it were, it's be like watching a historical documentary. I like the focus on the team, the smaller moments. The big things happen, but it's not so important that they do happen, it's how they affect the team that matters - and that won't have impact if we never get to really know them.

People always lament "filler" episodes, but they are important. The show is about the characters, the Batch, Omega, not the big moves the Empire is making or the state of the galaxy. If it were, it's be like watching a historical documentary. I like the focus on the team, the smaller moments. The big things happen, but it's not so important that they do happen, it's how they affect the team that matters - and that won't have impact if we never get to really know them.

I agree. I don't use filler as a bad thing. I think Filoni and that group is so awesome at really developing characters, capturing the setting, etc. . This episode reminded me a lot of Clone Wars battle episodes. little things like discovering more of Omega's talents are important too.. I even enjoyed Sid more this time. but yeah, I don't mean that filler is bad, good for the long game. I'm just so glad to get more stories from this time period.

Last edited:
Bad Batch...serious spoilers - I mean it:

AHHH! CHOPPER! HERA! 🤗 When it opened on Ryloth I wasn't suyspecting it. That said, there is not much of the Bad Batch in this one, but more Crosshair. It was good stuff!

Bad Batch...serious spoilers - I mean it:

AHHH! CHOPPER! HERA! 🤗 When it opened on Ryloth I wasn't suyspecting it. That said, there is not much of the Bad Batch in this one, but more Crosshair. It was good stuff!

I was wondering about who we'd see when they opened on that planet.....So cool! Definitely felt less like a Bad Batch episode, more like just a great SW story, but I loved it. Do you think they'll continue w this storyline next week? do you think they'll show Hera's mother die? I was so glad to see this world again, get some more story on Hera and Chopper, how they come to be who they are....maybe even some future connections w Omega

I was wondering about who we'd see when they opened on that planet.....So cool! Definitely felt less like a Bad Batch episode, more like just a great SW story, but I loved it. Do you think they'll continue w this storyline next week? do you think they'll show Hera's mother die? I was so glad to see this world again, get some more story on Hera and Chopper, how they come to be who they are....maybe even some future connections w Omega

I do think they are continuing it and yeah, that's what I'm thinking will happen.

The Batch today was cool - it continued from the previous episode.

Lots of interesting developments with the clones. Hauser definitely defies his porgramming as do some others. Orn Free Taa is confirmed to have survived but is not seen. We also get soem rousing speeches and statements, my favorite being:

Hunter: "We can't put ourselves on the line every time someone's in trouble."
Omega: "Why not?" 🤗

Good stuff!

The Batch today was cool - it continued from the previous episode.

Lots of interesting developments with the clones. Hauser definitely defies his porgramming as do some others. Orn Free Taa is confirmed to have survived but is not seen. We also get soem rousing speeches and statements, my favorite being:

Hunter: "We can't put ourselves on the line every time someone's in trouble."
Omega: "Why not?" 🤗

Good stuff!
Was an enjoyable episode. Several things didn't play out as I expected, and that was good
I thought something worse was going to happen to Howzer, and the troops that went with him. Do you think their inhibitor chips are not working right? like over time, they can change? I sure was glad to see that some clones seem to have more free will.

Was an enjoyable episode. Several things didn't play out as I expected, and that was good
I thought something worse was going to happen to Howzer, and the troops that went with him. Do you think their inhibitor chips are not working right? like over time, they can change? I sure was glad to see that some clones seem to have more free will.

Yeah, I definitely think soemthing is up and we will see more of that as the series goes on.

Saw an article that brought forward the idea that maybe this could be building to a canon version of the clone rebellion on Kamino and a civil war between the clones. Could be an interesting build up for a season or series finale, ;eading to the end of the clone line overall and the empire moving onto drafted stormtroopers fully versus clones.

Some good "Batch" today, though I know a lot of people will call it filler. It was fun though and Omega continues to be the moral compass of the crew. Yeah, this one wasn't mind-blowing, but I enjoyed it. I'm sure things are going to get very intense heading into the finale.

Some good "Batch" today, though I know a lot of people will call it filler. It was fun though and Omega continues to be the moral compass of the crew. Yeah, this one wasn't mind-blowing, but I enjoyed it. I'm sure things are going to get very intense heading into the finale.
Finally got to watch this AM. I really enjoyed it. Animation just gets better and better. I loved seeing the Pyke syndicate in their element. Good story too this episode. Also looking forward to what may be building for the finale....although with some trepidation....

Ohhh boy, here we go:

Great Episode! We get to see more of the build up toward the clone rebellion on Kamino I think and how Porject Warmantle is progressing. A major cameo in Clone Commando Gregor was nice, but also keep your eyes peeld for Republic Commando Scorch, who may be present. Once again, we have Hunter reluctant to take on a heroic mission, but Omega has convinced him. He is relenting, but, he was right, it was too dangerous! It's confrontation time - can't want for next week!

Part one of the Finale is out! It is called "Finale: Part 1" on Disney Plus because the actual episode title is...

"Return to Kamino." That's what happens. Omega does indeed have to go back to Kamino where Crosshair is waiting with a trap. Some interesting things happen, and Crosshair claims he had his chip removed "a long time ago!" 😮 There is a lot of action, and a lot of AZI-3, who is hanging out with the crew. Anyway, the end is chilling, and a great cliffhanger - I can't wait for next week!

Also, Season 2 has been officially announced - yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter