Star Wars: The Bad Batch Discussion

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
Who has watched? I have and it was fantastic. It has some unexpected stuff and a lot of action. The premiere is 70 minutes long too, so make time - it's worth it! I'll hold off on spoilers for now, but I enjoyed it immensely!

Skywalker3

Mouseketeer
That was waaaaay better than I expected. I was actually not a fan of that Clone Wars arc. I didn't like the A-team feel, but this episode was SO good. Seemed to be balanced out with other characters, Tarkin, etc. (LOVED the first 15 mins, and the characters whose fates we see there.....wow!) I am looking forward to more now.

Skywalker3

Mouseketeer
I've never watched any of the animated Star Wars shows, would I need to watch those before diving into Bad Batch?
Hey, I would. I think it would be like watching Falcon/Winter soldier, but never seeing any other Marvel movies. It'll be entertaining, but you'll miss so much w/o the background. But you could.
Clone Wars is a commitment for sure, but it's an EXCELLENT series. So, so many great episodes/stories/character development. Some misses here and there. And then Rebels is great too. IF you watched Mandalorian, you'll get a lot more background on some of those side characters too.

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
I've never watched any of the animated Star Wars shows, would I need to watch those before diving into Bad Batch?
I would think you should at least watch the four episode arc from Clone Wars Season 7 that introduced the Bad Batch. If you enjoy that though, then it is easy to recommend the rest of the series. There were some references to Rebels too, but not as heavy.

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
Jsut a reminder that episode 2 was released today. It's not as long, but it was enjoyable. There are more callbacks to The Clone Wars in it, so I encourage folks to watch that if they haven't.

• Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES