Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attractions Planning

If it's anything like the opening of SWGE it'll be much, much earlier than opening time. I would recommend booking an Uber or Lyft. For SWGE the parking lot opened at 3:30am and they let us into the park short after and I was inside SWGE by 4:30am
For people in the Epcot resorts they were not allowed to walk over until 3:30am

Anyone know offhand, how early folks were arriving 10 days after SWGE opening day? We'll be looking to ride RoR Dec. 14...

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid you were going to say that. I guess we won't be sleeping much. Ha!
We will also be there and while I'm willing to head over at 3:30, I'm almost tempted to wait and go over around 9-10. If it's anything like SWGE opening, the first people that went in waited for 3-4 hours (between waiting for the park to open and the ride), but then it died way down and waits were less than 90 minutes. Anyone have thoughts?

Anyone else hearing or seeing that Rise of the Resistance may not open on December 5th?

Hi! I'll be in HS on both 12/5 and 12/6, hoping to ride RotR on opening day. Question: I currently have two reservations for Oga's on 12/5--one at 11:30, and one at 5:30. I'm going to release one of them, but wanted a reservation with guaranteed land entry just in case SWGE reaches capacity and hits boarding groups (which I'm assuming will happen). Which time slot to do you think is the better option of the two? We're planning on arriving well before park opening and rope dropping with the masses :)

If opening day of RotR is like opening day, boarding groups won’t be needed in the evening and the longest wait times will be in the
morning. No way to know ahead of time though. Even now though
the wait time seems to be longest at reg park open, and shortest at night, not counting the end of eemh. The cantina will probably be more lively and fun at 5:30 compared to 11:30. But if you’re rope dropping without an afternoon hotel break you may not feel like standing at a bar to have a drink at 5:30. So the answer depends on many factors, some of which will be unknown til the day of.

We have an appointment at Droid Depot. Afterward, we wanted to ride Smugglers Run. Is that possible? Can we bring our droids with us? They will be in their boxes.

We have an appointment at Droid Depot. Afterward, we wanted to ride Smugglers Run. Is that possible? Can we bring our droids with us? They will be in their boxes.
Just like most rides, you can put your stuff on the floor at your feet. I had my backpack there each time I rode (about the same size).

We will also be there and while I'm willing to head over at 3:30, I'm almost tempted to wait and go over around 9-10. If it's anything like SWGE opening, the first people that went in waited for 3-4 hours (between waiting for the park to open and the ride), but then it died way down and waits were less than 90 minutes. Anyone have thoughts?

What is your goal? Do you only want to ride ROTR? Explore the whole land?

I don’t know the capacity of the ride and how it compares to MFSR. I do think the line will be longer for more of the day given this is supposed to be the main attraction.

Do you have any reservations that guarantee you entry if it goes to boarding groups?

I don’t know if I would feel the need to head over at 3 am, but I would probably try to get there earlier than 10.

That being said, I can summarize my opening day experience.

I was at opening day of the land in WDW. I knew I was not going to be anywhere near the front of the line so did not even attempt something crazy early. I also had multiple reservations inside the land so knew we would get in eventually.

We left our hotel at 6:00 am and drove to HS. Parking and security were easy. We waiting for merch first since boarding groups we already in place. We were boarding group 42 and were entering the land at 9:30am. Over the day we went to Oga’s, tried the blue milk, had lunch at BD7, built a saber at Savi’s.
We got in line for MFSR just after 8pm. I had my engineer card at 9:30. We also managed to pop into Dok Ondars just before 10. While we were in there I think they did eventually stop people from entering.

We also took a mid-day break and went over to Epcot for a bit.

In the end I think we did most of what we wanted to do.

I don’t know the capacity of the ride and how it compares to MFSR. I do think the line will be longer for more of the day given this is supposed to be the main attraction.

Do you have any reservations that guarantee you entry if it goes to boarding groups?

I don’t know if I would feel the need to head over at 3 am, but I would probably try to get there earlier than 10.

I was at opening day of the land in WDW. I knew I was not going to be anywhere near the front of the line so did not even attempt something crazy early. I also had multiple reservations inside the land so knew we would get in eventually.

We left our hotel at 6:00 am and drove to HS. Parking and security were easy. We waiting for merch first since boarding groups we already in place. We were boarding group 42 and were entering the land at 9:30am. Over the day we went to Oga’s, tried the blue milk, had lunch at BD7, built a saber at Savi’s.
We got in line for MFSR just after 8pm. I had my engineer card at 9:30. We also managed to pop into Dok Ondars just before 10. While we were in there I think they did eventually stop people from entering.

I only want to ride ROTR. We have two other DHS days on our trip for exploring the land, and our reservations for Oga's and droid building are on a different day. I love the nighttime strategy but we have an ADR for Storybook Dining at 6:30.

I only want to ride ROTR. We have two other DHS days on our trip for exploring the land, and our reservations for Oga's and droid building are on a different day. I love the nighttime strategy but we have an ADR for Storybook Dining at 6:30.

I think going at 9 or 10 could work then. I would just try to pay attention to boarding groups and be ready to go earlier if it goes to boarding groups.

Sounds pretty much like our day on the 29th, had Savi's @ 8:10am/ droid depot I think was 9:15ish....Oga's @ 3PM so we did not need the VQ and I think, if my memory holds was only needed/used till 1ish as by the time we went back to GE for the Oga's 3PM ADR the land was "open" and I did not see the VQ used the rest of the 3 days we were there. The line for MFSR was CRAZY as when the land opened it went right to 3 hours! There were lines for EVERYTHING, EVERY shop, it was crazy but oddly so much fun! MFSR was a continual 90min+ for the 3 days. BUT we got a small break as the rain came down hard on Sat and the wait was down to 60mins and we then jumped to HS and ended up riding it 2 times that day!

We had our two droids held at the front of the park so we did not have to take them with us as we explored the rest of the land and park. It takes about three hours to get to the front but you can then pick them up on your way out.

It seems the plan is Rise is going to open that day ready or not. I would pack patience and maybe expect downtime when it does debut. It’s likely not going to be a glorious opening.

That'll make for an interesting quarterly report if there is downtime/inglorious opening.

Well, hopefully whatever kinks are there are ironed out before July. I'm really looking forward to experiencing both rides even if it means waiting in line 2 different mornings.

I think going at 9 or 10 could work then. I would just try to pay attention to boarding groups and be ready to go earlier if it goes to boarding groups.
What is all this boarding group stuff? we have reservations at Oga's too, do you get called to ride the rides from Oga's?

What is all this boarding group stuff? we have reservations at Oga's too, do you get called to ride the rides from Oga's?
no, this is a system that, in the case of the land reaching capacity, goes into effect.
Basically if the land hits capacity and you are not inside you can "book" a boarding pass through the MDE app. You open the app, go to where it says "join boarding group" and you can continue enjoying DHS or another park or go back to your room. At the moment your group is called you get a push notification and have 2 hours to make it back to DHS and into the land.
It's basically like a fp for the land not the attractions
If you have dining or merchandise reservations in the land you are allowed inside up to an hour before the reservation time if the land is at capacity

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!